Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R32 3838

R40M4460/R42 4665(scrap train)

I just came from taking photo's of the scrap train, the numbers are S/W4665/4460,4544/45,4546/47,4510/11,4530/31 N/N. They All Had Death stickers on them as I call them and they ran light to concourse or 207th, I will find out later on, But It looks like 4460/4665 is at the risk of being reefed, IF THIS TRAIN GOES TO 207th st YARD, SAY GOOD-BYE becasue they will go straght to reefing, If this set goes to concourse then their safe for a while.

S/W= South West meaning the train is a south motor going westbound, N/N = North North Meaning the North End of the Train is now going North(ex concourse).

This Means BAD NEWS For 4460/4665!!!!!

I will post Photos whenever I can

I just came from taking photo's of the scrap train, the numbers are S/W4665/4460,4544/45,4546/47,4510/11,4530/31 N/N. They All Had Death stickers on them as I call them and they ran light to concourse or 207th, I will find out later on, But It looks like 4460/4665 is at the risk of being reefed, IF THIS TRAIN GOES TO 207th st YARD, SAY GOOD-BYE becasue they will go straght to reefing, If this set goes to concourse then their safe for a while.

S/W= South West meaning the train is a south motor going westbound, N/N = North North Meaning the North End of the Train is now going North(ex concourse).

This Means BAD NEWS For 4460/4665!!!!!

I will post Photos whenever I can

I hope that's not true. I could've sworn i read on subchat that the WillyB pair would be kept around as a school car or something. That would be terrible if they were reefed. They should be preserved because they are a part of history - survivors of the crash and of course being an odd pair. Hell, I'd take them over the French Connection pair even.

If you add the mismatched pair into the B division 60 ft SMEE train, you'll have a 12 car train. It's already been settled that the museum/railfan trip train will be 2 R32, 2 R38, 2 R40, 2 R40M, and 2 R42.

I hope that's not true. I could've sworn i read on subchat that the WillyB pair would be kept around as a school car or something. That would be terrible if they were reefed. They should be preserved because they are a part of history - survivors of the crash and of course being an odd pair. Hell, I'd take them over the French Connection pair even.

Trust Me, I saw the Train, 4665 is the head car and It had the stickers on it, But I do hope they save that pair.

MTA, you're making a huge mistake scrapping 4460/4665. Damn, that will always be my favorite set of trains no matter what.

If you add the mismatched pair into the B division 60 ft SMEE train, you'll have a 12 car train. It's already been settled that the museum/railfan trip train will be 2 R32, 2 R38, 2 R40, 2 R40M, and 2 R42.

Thats been settled by who? Until I hear it from people who work the muesum train, that idea goes as far as a train with square wheels.

Trust Me, I saw the Train, 4665 is the head car and It had the stickers on it, But I do hope they save that pair.

You never know, the MTA is full of surprises, be they good, bad or REALLY bad.

Thats been settled by who? Until I hear it from people who work the muesum train, that idea goes as far as a train with square wheels.

As seen from the photos on nycsubway.org, the R40M museum train pair is a definite. An R40A pair and R38 pair had already been chosen, which leaves a Phase I R32 pair and R42 pair to be decided upon. Who knows, the MTA might pull something crazy and save only R42 by using the WillyB pair.

As seen from the photos on nycsubway.org, the R40M museum train pair is a definite. An R40A pair and R38 pair had already been chosen, which leaves a Phase I R32 pair and R42 pair to be decided upon. Who knows, the MTA might pull something crazy and save only R42 by using the WillyB pair.

The only R32 pair that will be saved is the Phase II set that was pulled from service and has been on display in the museum several times since as a placeholder when the Arnines have been out for nostalgia rides or holiday service

The only R32 pair that will be saved is the Phase II set that was pulled from service and has been on display in the museum several times since as a placeholder when the Arnines have been out for nostalgia rides or holiday service

Wasn't that pair already reefed?

Wasn't that pair already reefed?

Those are museum cars so no they were not reefed...

The Phase IIs definitely felt more like original R32s than the Phase Is. The GEs were just R32s on drugs. I'm very glad that they preserved R38 4028-29 b/c they have original Westinghouse Motors instead of the GE ones from the R33s. On the other hand 4140-4141 definitely deserves to be work trains.

what are the numbers of the R40M pair?

4140-4141 can't be work trains. Those are also museum cars as well.

In that case, are they actually going to run 4 R38s in one museum train?

what are the numbers of the R40M pair?

4450-4451

4140-4141 are not NYTM cars.

Neither are 3350-3351.

3352-3353 and 4028-4029 are the NYTM cars for the R32 and R38 fleets respectively.

so what's happening to those cars? And how many cars are being preserved (numbers please)?

4140-4141 are not NYTM cars.

Neither are 3350-3351.

3352-3353 and 4028-4029 are the NYTM cars for the R32 and R38 fleets respectively.

How are you going to say that, R32 3350-51 is on track 51 in the 207th st yard and It has been preserved by the Railway presevation corp (non-TM), 4140-41 is also saved along with the other R38's that are at concourse yard.

They are also saving a Phase I, The people that saves the Museum equipment wants to save a total of 8 R32's.

4 phase II,4 Phase I's.

They are also saving a Phase I, The people that saves the Museum equipment wants to save a total of 8 R32's.

4 phase II,4 Phase I's.

8 R32's? That's a pretty large number. But that is great to hear as they have 8 R33ML's?

But I'll say this again, they'll need more space to store these cars and they'll need a museum annex or something unless they'll just keep rotating the cars for display.

How are you going to say that, R32 3350-51 is on track 51 in the 207th st yard and It has been preserved by the Railway presevation corp (non-TM), 4140-41 is also saved along with the other R38's that are at concourse yard.

Interesting... Those there are, IIRC 6 cars that are at CCY then? So in terms of preserved equipment, This is what we have so far and what is proposed to be saved:

R32: 3350-51, 3352-33, 2 Phase-I pairs.

R38: 4028-29, 4140-41, 4142-43, 1 pair.

R40: 4280-81

R40M: 4450-51

R42: 4572-73

School Cars / Work Service

R38: 3950-51, 4044-45

R40: 4162-63, 4392-93, 4442-43

MF'86

<4>

Edited by M. Friday 1986

Isn't there a 10-car set of R38s at Concourse that the TA can't touch?

here a video i took at 47-50st Rockefeller Center of the scrap train

the bad news is that 4460/65 went to the 207st yard

RPC is not NYTM. 3350-1 are RPC cars, NOT NYTM.

4028-9 are the only R38s saved for NYTM

4140-4141 and the other R38s at concourse are set aside for preservation. I do not believe any permanant home has been found for them, at least not as of yet. Of the 10 R26-28s which were set aside at Concourse for preservation in 2002, only 2 survive, those being the IRM cars. I hope all the Concourse R38s are saved, but am not overly optimistic.