New Limited Service On The Bx36

I Run Trains

so i thought this would been been talked about on here already. well yesterday while i was at the GWBridge Bus station i saw a service change sign that is introducing new Limited stops on he Bx36 from the bridge (University) to White Plains and Story Ave. the only thing is this is only during Ruch Hours and it starts in September.

i say its about time!

It's not exactly new....

The bus route info has been saying it existed since Feb or March, but none of the buses had Limited in the designation yet some of them were making LTD stops. So it was confusing.

This will only really help the Bx36, if they do something about the traffic on 181, otherwise you're just going to have 3 BX36s coming across the Bridge at the same time like it is now.

It's not exactly new....

The bus route info has been saying it existed since Feb or March, but none of the buses had Limited in the designation yet some of them were making LTD stops. So it was confusing.

This will only really help the Bx36, if they do something about the traffic on 181, otherwise you're just going to have 3 BX36s coming across the Bridge at the same time like it is now.

Shrugs,,, its new to me,, i live over there and i see the Bx36 everyday not once have i got on one that says Limited. thats neither here or there. i guess they are making it 100% offical now as they are advertising it on all the buses.

Shrugs,,, its new to me,, i live over there and i see the Bx36 everyday not once have i got on one that says Limited. thats neither here or there. i guess they are making it 100% offical now as they are advertising it on all the buses.

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/bronx/bx036cur.pdf

Check the map on the Last page, the 2 problems I see so far is that it only stops at Crotona Av E/B and theres no LTD stop in Parkchester which is weird

6:38am - 9:57am, 2:23pm - 7:31pm

LTD stops

All stops to/from Story Av...

Story Av

Westchester Av

Fteley Av (E/;)/ Croes Av (W/B)

Bronx River Av (E/B) / Manot Av (W/B)

Hoe Av (E/B) Bryant Av (W/B)

E 178 St (E/B) / E Tremont Av (W/B)

Southern Blvd

Crotona Av

3 Av

Webster Av

E Tremont Av (E/B) / Valentine Av (W/B)

Grand Concourse

Jerome Av (E/B) / Davidson Av (W/B)

W Tremont Av

W 174 St

Amsterdam Av

All stops in Manhattan

Well this is odd news. LTD on the Bronx 36, I guess its cuz its a Long route From Washington Hts to Soundviews. I like it a bit. Tho is there going to be a Local bus running with it, cuz otherwise it isnt the best plan then... Especially along 174th st which has no Local

when does LTD start?

As I said on BusChat earlier---I fear that this is going to end up being a disaster; the only real places for leapfrogging buses are White Plains Road and along East 180 Street. What should be done instead is have more Bx36 short turns in the Bronx (some runs ending at Parkchester instead of going down White Plains Road).

As I said on BusChat earlier---I fear that this is going to end up being a disaster; the only real places for leapfrogging buses are White Plains Road and along East 180 Street. What should be done instead is have more Bx36 short turns in the Bronx (some runs ending at Parkchester instead of going down White Plains Road).

Nice plan make sure the Bx39 gets even more crowded if the Bx36 gets some runs cut on that area (which is already crowded during rush hours and shoulder periods and sometimes during other periods as well especially when school is in session). Bx36 LTD can pass the Bx9 and Bx39 helping those who need to transfer.

I think that they should combine your idea with the Limited service and run Bx36 Limited 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-6pm on weekends. The full route would only be served by Limited buses while the local buses short turned at Story Av and 174 St.

Yeah especially the Bx42

Yup, wats the point of the Bx40 and Bx42 going Local between the River towers and Harding Ave. I would start Bx42LTD from Randall(Or Bruckner Blvd) to University Ave/E. Burnside.

Bx40 can be the local, becuz that route is one long a$$ crosstown bus sounds like the Q60 from Queens Plaza to Jamica. During Rush hours its packed from 3rd Ave i think to West Farms and Parkchester for (2)(5)(6) lines and Lehman HS.

You are going to have all the LTDs and Locals bunching on 181 St before the LTD segement even starts, Then all the LTDs bunched together ahead of schedule in the Bx leaving the locals and any route that even duplicates the BX36 in the least bit getting more riders. I see this not working.

And I'm all for Bx40/42 LTD if not for the inability of buses to bypass each other on Tremont between 3rd AV and West Farms SQ. plus the headways on the routes aren't going to work as is with LTD service

You are going to have all the LTDs and Locals bunching on 181 St before the LTD segement even starts, Then all the LTDs bunched together ahead of schedule in the Bx leaving the locals and any route that even duplicates the BX36 in the least bit getting more riders. I see this not working.

And I'm all for Bx40/42 LTD if not for the inability of buses to bypass each other on Tremont between 3rd AV and West Farms SQ. plus the headways on the routes aren't going to work as is with LTD service

im confused on the Tremont Crosstown, you mean theres gonna be traffic or sumin? And headways for bus means?

im confused on the Tremont Crosstown, you mean theres gonna be traffic or sumin? And headways for bus means?

Tremont isn't wide enough between those two locations for buses to bypass each other in an effort to speed up service. Traffic and double parking are also problems.

headways= how often the bus runs. As it stands the combined AM rush hour headways on the Bx40/42 is 6 mins. Now if you make either one LTD then the service to locals stops gets reduced to 12 mins. So you would have to find a way to add more buses on which ever one runs Local

Tremont isn't wide enough between those two locations for buses to bypass each other in an effort to speed up service. Traffic and double parking are also problems.

headways= how often the bus runs. As it stands the combined AM rush hour headways on the Bx40/42 is 6 mins. Now if you make either one LTD then the service to locals stops gets reduced to 12 mins. So you would have to find a way to add more buses on which ever one runs Local

but i mean Make just the Bx42 LTD and Bx40 Local, tho im guessing u mean each bus runs times apart, like 8 min between each bus for example.

I do agree from Webster to West Farms isnt a wide enough st, Even on Burnside.. But maybe after West Farms toward Randalls?

BTW thx for the headway does that applies to subway too?

I agree with Princelex wholeheartedly about the Bx28...

But the Bx36 never seemed that long to me, according to the map... but I haven't been on it very far, so I guess I don't know.

Does anyone know exactly how much time is saved by choosing the Bx36 Limited over the local?

I agree with Princelex wholeheartedly about the Bx28...

But the Bx36 never seemed that long to me, according to the map... but I haven't been on it very far, so I guess I don't know.

Does anyone know exactly how much time is saved by choosing the Bx36 Limited over the local?

about 7-8 minutes at best saved riding the whole route

usually waiting about 5 minutes and gaining 3 minutes

Archived