New Limited Service On The Bx36

I Run Trains

I just took those tonight

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=e1d316b4-92f3-4c26-a7a9-7e535f6fc488&Aux=44|0|8CBFB6B61688980|

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=e1d316b4-92f3-4c26-a7a9-7e535f6fc488&Aux=44|0|8CBFB6B61688980|

These are NOT images you sent us a link to Windows Live Hotmail as attachment. Please download your images and reload to an image host.

You sent:

http://bl148w.blu148.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=e1d316b4-92f3-4c26-a7a9-7e535f6fc488&Aux=44|0|8CBFB6B61688980|http://bl148w.blu148.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=e1d316b4-92f3-4c26-a7a9-7e535f6fc488&Aux=44|0|8CBFB6B61688980|

All BBcode based images has to have an extension of the image [Ex .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff etc...]:)

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/bronx/bx036cur.pdf

Check the map on the Last page, the 2 problems I see so far is that it only stops at Crotona Av E/B and theres no LTD stop in Parkchester which is weird

Westchester Avenue is Parkchester.

Yup, wats the point of the Bx40 and Bx42 going Local between the River towers and Harding Ave. I would start Bx42LTD from Randall(Or Bruckner Blvd) to University Ave/E. Burnside.

Bx40 can be the local, becuz that route is one long a$$ crosstown bus sounds like the Q60 from Queens Plaza to Jamica. During Rush hours its packed from 3rd Ave i think to West Farms and Parkchester for (2)(5)(6) lines and Lehman HS.

It would make more sense for the Bx40 since it doesn't serve the projects in Throgs Neck like the Bx42.

here we go again

Bx36.jpg

BX362.jpg

Awesome man! When i get my newer cam m gonna hunt down the Bx36 LTDs! :)

Westchester Avenue is Parkchester.

It would make more sense for the Bx40 since it doesn't serve the projects in Throgs Neck like the Bx42.

I only picked Bx42 since the Bx40 runs all times unlike the Bx42 which doesnt run over night. Plus the Bx40 heads down to Fort Schuyler which is a bit farther~

Awesome man! When i get my newer cam m gonna hunt down the Bx36 LTDs! ;)

I only picked Bx42 since the Bx40 runs all times unlike the Bx42 which doesnt run over night. Plus the Bx40 heads down to Fort Schuyler which is a bit farther~

Yeah it could be like the Q44 and Q20. When the Q20 is running the Q44 is Limited, and roughly any other time it's local. The Bx40 could do that.

Yeah it could be like the Q44 and Q20. When the Q20 is running the Q44 is Limited, and roughly any other time it's local. The Bx40 could do that.

True on Q44/Q20AB similar to he Bz40/42. If you mean Bx40 as LTD similar to the Q44 well cant argure with that lol I got a question tho. the Bx1/Bz2 run limited stop together why not just one routw be the Local and the other as LTD? Cuz concourse trains can be used instead?

True on Q44/Q20AB similar to he Bz40/42. If you mean Bx40 as LTD similar to the Q44 well cant argure with that lol I got a question tho. the Bx1/Bz2 run limited stop together why not just one routw be the Local and the other as LTD? Cuz concourse trains can be used instead?
MTA runs the Bx1/2 retardedly. Really it's the route for all those Clinton kids who are too lazy to take the (4) and walk, or people along Grand Concourse who are too lazy to walk steps on the (D).

MTA runs the Bx1/2 retardedly. Really it's the route for all those Clinton kids who are too lazy to take the (4) and walk, or people along Grand Concourse who are too lazy to walk steps on the (D).

What Clinton kids? And yes the Jerome and Concourse lines are near. I would rather see the Bx1/2 as Local or ether one LTD since people have to walk long distances for these buses... Which suck crap.. Like walking from Bedford Park blvd to Kingsbridge road , one hell of a long walk and buses skipping stops making it sound like taking the (;)(D)...

What Clinton kids? And yes the Jerome and Concourse lines are near. I would rather see the Bx1/2 as Local or ether one LTD since people have to walk long distances for these buses... Which suck crap.. Like walking from Bedford Park blvd to Kingsbridge road , one hell of a long walk and buses skipping stops making it sound like taking the (;)(D)...
Clinton High School.

And yes the Jerome and Concourse lines are near. I would rather see the Bx1/2 as Local or ether one LTD since people have to walk long distances for these buses... Which suck crap.. Like walking from Bedford Park blvd to Kingsbridge road , one hell of a long walk and buses skipping stops making it sound like taking the (;)(D)...

This is something I said when I drove those lines. Hell, it confuses the drivers at times, with being a Bx1 Local, Bx2Local, Bx1 Limited, and Bx2 Limited, all in the same day.........

They do run too many of those buses, and that is why people use those buses quite often compared to taking the train. The Limited buses make the (;)/(D) train stops. If they made those buses strictly local, most would get the train instead......

This is something I said when I drove those lines. Hell, it confuses the drivers at times, with being a Bx1 Local, Bx2Local, Bx1 Limited, and Bx2 Limited, all in the same day.........

They do run too many of those buses, and that is why people use those buses quite often compared to taking the train. The Limited buses make the (;)/(D) train stops. If they made those buses strictly local, most would get the train instead......

But why make it run as if it were (;)(D) besudes the skools and stuff? Is it because the concourse trains are packed during RH? I would then run the Bx1 LTD and Bx2 Local from 149th up to Sedgwick ave..

The buses are actually quicker for many people since the (D) and now (4) aren't frequent off peak. Someone going short distances, say from from 194th (Kingsbridge) to 200th (Bedford Park) would be better off many times (except maybe rush hours when (;) and (D) both run) taking the bus or walking instead of waiting for the (D) (which can often be late). Sometimes the (D) is held at 200th/Bedford Park for several minutes making the bus an even better option for someone going at least until Fordham (189th).

Adding more people to the (D) after the (;) stops running in the AM and PM, not a good idea. The (D) actually exceeds MTA's off peak loading guidelines at some places during middays in the Bronx (like 167 and 161). Maybe the (:) should run to 167 during middays and evenings for a while as a test

But why make it run as if it were (;)(D) besudes the skools and stuff? Is it because the concourse trains are packed during RH? I would then run the Bx1 LTD and Bx2 Local from 149th up to Sedgwick ave..

Trains can be packed during rush hour.... also try standing at 161 St N/B after 7pm and you may see some packed (D) trains...

I'll just say this. The Bx41 is the farebeat Express, and the Bx1/2 is the farebeat Limited. You generally have to pay to get the train. You don't really have to for the bus. MTA only wants ridership numbers, not fare numbers as much. Bx1/2 is a very high ridership line, so that is why it is there. I don't really ride the (;) or (D), but they have more than enough room to me, from the few times I have been on there, to accommodate quite a bit more on the Grand Concourse stretch.......

about 7-8 minutes at best saved riding the whole route

usually waiting about 5 minutes and gaining 3 minutes

Actually up to 15 minutes can be saved E/B, up to 8 minutes W/B

E/B times end to end, notice how the first E/B LTD (afternoon) passes TWO buses Bronx bound buses

LCL 2:11 2:37 2:54 3:02 3:22 3:30

LCL 2:17 2:43 3:00 3:08 3:28 3:36

LTD 2:23 2:44 2:55 3:01 3:18 3:27

This is good if someone rides the Bx36 for long distances especially E/B

6:38 - 9:57; 2:23 - 7:31 E/B

6:40 - 8:45; 2:46 - 6:20 W/B

this service span is so obviously one sided towards E/B service

I'll just say this. The Bx41 is the farebeat Express, and the Bx1/2 is the farebeat Limited. You generally have to pay to get the train. You don't really have to for the bus. MTA only wants ridership numbers, not fare numbers as much. Bx1/2 is a very high ridership line, so that is why it is there. I don't really ride the (;) or (D), but they have more than enough room to me, from the few times I have been on there, to accommodate quite a bit more on the Grand Concourse stretch.......

If you mean Farebeat as in people not paying then i understand..

Im guessing also people who need Bx1/Bx2 Service uses it to go tplaces where the (;)(D) doesnt run south of 161st St is all the (4)(5) on concourse with (2)..

People heading to manhattan would most likley use the (;)(D) then Bx1/2.. If im correct.

If you mean Farebeat as in people not paying then i understand..

Im guessing also people who need Bx1/Bx2 Service uses it to go tplaces where the (;)(D) doesnt run south of 161st St is all the (4)(5) on concourse with (2)..

People heading to manhattan would most likley use the (;)(D) then Bx1/2.. If im correct.

Some use the BxM4A/BxM4B as well, others may use the (4)

I remember one time M103 local did emergency LTD Stop because bus was very late. I got that at 3rd Av/42nd St to 125th St.

Sometimes M1/M4 run LTD during PM Rush Hour toward southbound when bus was very late.

if it were once then maybe it was cuz it was delay. Otherwise it wasnt an LTD.

Why wouldn't they?

LOL. Tho im a bit curious too, is it the ridership of the Bx36 or becuz its a long route compared to the Bx3/Bx11/Bx13/Bx35 buses?

Lucky i live near the Bx36 bus! Now when im in a rush to manhattan during RH no need for +SBS or (2)(5) trains ;)

Actually up to 15 minutes can be saved E/B, up to 8 minutes W/B

E/B times end to end, notice how the first E/B LTD (morning and afternoon) passes TWO buses Bronx bound

LCL 6:28 6:49 7:06 7:13 7:28 7:36

LCL 6:33 6:57 7:14 7:21 7:36 7:46

LTD 6:38 7:01 7:15 7:21 7:34 7:43

LCL 2:11 2:37 2:54 3:02 3:22 3:30

LCL 2:17 2:43 3:00 3:08 3:28 3:36

LTD 2:23 2:44 2:55 3:01 3:18 3:27

This is good if someone rides the Bx36 for long distances especially E/B

6:38 - 9:57; 2:23 - 7:31 E/B

6:40 - 8:45; 2:46 - 6:20 W/B

this service span is so obviously one sided towards E/B service

In reality it will probably be more like 10 mins saved. 181 is stil going to delay every bus but I can see it making up some of that time of E 180 St

Archived