B103 Extended Sunday Service, Coming Sept. 6

R62A 1991

B103 Limited customers, effective Sunday, September 6, 2009

In a response to increased ridership, the weekend hours of service

of the B103 Limited will be expanded, including the introduction of Sunday service.

Weekend B103 service will be expanded to provide the following hours of service:

Saturdays

• Canarsie to Downtown Brooklyn: 6:00 AM-10:00 PM

• Downtown Brooklyn to Canarsie: 7:15 AM-11:15 PM

Sundays

• Canarsie to Downtown Brooklyn: 6:30 AM-7:00 PM

• Downtown Brooklyn to Canarsie: 7:45 AM-8:15 PM

All weekend B103 trips will operate between Canarsie and Downtown Brooklyn,

and there will be no changes to the travel path or bus stops.

If there is a thread about this already, this can either be locked or merged with it.

B103 LIMITED CUSTOMERS, EFFECTIVE SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2009

In a response to increased ridership, the weekend hours of service

of the B103 Limited will be expanded, including the introduction of Sunday service.

Weekend B103 service will be expanded to provide the following hours of service:

Saturdays

• Canarsie to Downtown Brooklyn: 6:00 AM-10:00 PM

• Downtown Brooklyn to Canarsie: 7:15 AM-11:15 PM

Sundays

• Canarsie to Downtown Brooklyn: 6:30 AM-7:00 PM

• Downtown Brooklyn to Canarsie: 7:45 AM-8:15 PM

All weekend B103 trips will operate between Canarsie and Downtown Brooklyn,

and there will be no changes to the travel path or bus stops.

If there is a thread about this already, this can either be locked or merged with it.

Good tip thanks R62a:tup:. FYI related but slightly off topic what happened to talks and rumors going back at least 4-5 years when the B13 was extended there about sending the B103 to Brooklyn Gateway Mall?

DOT denied the proposed change to extend the B103 to the shopping center

As well they should have...

The main objective of the 103 is to make the commute easier from Canarsie (and that general area) to Downtown Brooklyn (& vice versa).... If riders want the mall, they can walk from the nearest stop in downtown to the mall, to the physical mall itself.

DOT no longer runs the B103 and thought maybe the (MTA) by now could do it?

Why, though?

All the ppl. that need the 103, are going to get on it before it ever reaches Atlantic av anyway.....

Yeah Spring Creek joins the real bus world and is open 7 days a week now.

Well '2' bus services i know dont run/operate on Sundays. In Long Island Suffolk County Transit and here near my neck of the woods, Dutchess County Loop.B)

PS. What are the headways for the B103 on Saturdays and Sundays?

Well '2' bus services i know dont run/operate on Sundays. In Long Island Suffolk County Transit and here near my neck of the woods, Dutchess County Loop.B)

PS. What are the headways for the B103 on Saturdays and Sundays?

Suffolk County Transit is currently running the S47 on Sundays....

Now CNG RTS 4904 which is housed @ SC can be displayed at Bus roadeos & Bus fests now that the depot is open on sundays! I remeber when I went by SC a few months ago and there it was lookin' nice and shiny. Sadly, last time I went by SC that bus was not parked out in the open.

Slighty off topic but when Command bus was around did the B100 run on sundays?

Now CNG RTS 4904 which is housed @ SC can be displayed at Bus roadeos & Bus fests now that the depot is open on sundays! I remeber when I went by SC a few months ago and there it was lookin' nice and shiny. Sadly, last time I went by SC that bus was not parked out in the open.

Slighty off topic but when Command bus was around did the B100 run on sundays?

Yes it did. Correct me old timer transitfans but i think the B100 ran hourly on Sundays from about 8am-8pm. Also the B100 in the Command days would not operate at all on major holidays like New Years, July 4th, thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yes it did. Correct me old timer transitfans but i think the B100 ran hourly on Sundays from about 8am-8pm. Also the B100 in the Command days would not operate at all on major holidays like New Years, July 4th, thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanks for the info.

Archived