(2)(5) WPR Exp from Sept to Dec 31- New Yrs?

mark1447

Im confused now, if they cut <5> White Plains Road Exp during Rush hr, then wats the point of leaving 241/Dyre WPR Exp service during Midday?:

(2) 241 St-bound trains run express from 3 Av to East 180 St

(5) Dyre Av-bound trains run express from 3 Av to East 180 St

Weekday, 10:30 AM to 3 PM Mon and Thu, Aug 31 - Dec 31 (except Sep 7 and Nov 26)

And lets not forget the (2) White Plains Road Exp north of Gun Hill:

(2) 241 St-bound trains skip 219, 225, 233 Sts and Nereid Av

Weekday, 10:30 AM to 3 PM Mon and Thu, Aug 31 - Dec 31 (except Sep 7 and Nov 26)

Is the trains running exp from The Hub to Morris Park Ave/180th St during midday[Mon/Thur] for signal/Track work on NB local while RH they are doing M track?

I know they're working on the s/b WPR local track from Bronx Park East to East 180th St. It's been out of service due to trackwork and a new yard lead connecting the Dyre line directly into East 180th yard. I also see a lot of signal, cable, and conduit work in the area. It's probably all inter-connected work so maybe the contractors and TA engineers need service run that way. I've read the G.O.s yet I've still operated on the express track when it's necessary ,from 3rd Ave to East 180th St during the rush hours, while the next (5) made all local stops.

I know they're working on the s/b WPR local track from Bronx Park East to East 180th St. It's been out of service due to trackwork and a new yard lead connecting the Dyre line directly into East 180th yard. I also see a lot of signal, cable, and conduit work in the area. It's probably all inter-connected work so maybe the contractors and TA engineers need service run that way. I've read the G.O.s yet I've still operated on the express track when it's necessary ,from 3rd Ave to East 180th St during the rush hours, while the next (5) made all local stops.

So there going to have a track going directly to/from Union Port and 180th Shop yards. I thought they did had one till checked this:

detail-e180th.png

btw a bit off, you said you sometimes when WPR Exp during RH while the other (5) ran Local? So are you telling me that the (5)s are running limited express even thru the G/O of No WPR Exp[Morris Pk-180th to the hub]

Is there a page where it describes what improvements is gonna be done @ East 180th St connection?

The (MTA) doesnt publicly address those issues, rather say something simpler like: Structural Improvements or Track work. Since they dont wanna confuse people nor nor want them knowing whats the real cause[i guess for that part]

hopefully they're gonna make it so that the (5) can come in on the express track like it SHOULD (and used to) in the PM rush. the past couple of years they have been making the (2) come in on the express track and the (5) come in on the local which is the complete opposite of the way it always was and they way that the signs say it should be. it makes it easier for both trains to get where they're going, i just dont understand why they never changed the signs!

So there going to have a track going directly to/from Union Port and 180th Shop yards. I thought they did had one till checked this:

detail-e180th.png

btw a bit off, you said you sometimes when WPR Exp during RH while the other (5) ran Local? So are you telling me that the (5)s are running limited express even thru the G/O of No WPR Exp[Morris Pk-180th to the hub]

First point. The trackwork being done will provide a direct connection from the Dyre line straight into East 180th yard easing the congestion in the station when trains are laid up after the rush hours. Second point.

It's up to the RCC if they want a train to operate on the express track. At this time the track is still available if needed. Look at the midday G.O.s, it's still being used.

Archived