The Isola Transit System

EE Broadway Local

If you've seen (or read) Ed McBain's long running mystery series The 87th Precinct, Isola is a fictionalized New York City with Manhattan as Isola; The Bronx as Riverhead; Brooklyn as Calm's Point; Queens as Majesta and Staten Island as Bethtown.

These, I think, would be some Isola equivalents:

Alphaprefixes:

I - Isola (Such as the I10 or I9)

R - Riverhead (Such as the R3 or R55)

C (or maybe CP) - Calm's Point (Such as the C67 or C83)

M - Majesta (Such as the M33 or M113)

B - Bethtown (Such as the B40 or B89)

Isola and Riverhead would be served by the Isola And Riverhead Surface Transportation Operating Authority. (IRSTOA)

There would be a MTA Bus equivalent but it might actually be tha same name.

The subway would be basically the same except for different borough and neighborhood names. The (E) would run from Isola to Majesta serving Majesta Boulevard. The (A)(B)(C)(D) and (2)(3) would serve Diamondback and (4)(5)(6) would serve East Diamondback in Isola.

There, however, would be the Bethtown Ferry and the Bethtown Railway.

Gruber's would be served by the I34 and I16.

If you've seen (or read) Ed McBain's long running mystery series The 87th Precinct, Isola is a fictionalized New York City with Manhattan as Isola; The Bronx as Riverhead; Brooklyn as Calm's Point; Queens as Majesta and Staten Island as Bethtown.

These, I think, would be some Isola equivalents:

Alphaprefixes:

I - Isola (Such as the I10 or I9)

R - Riverhead (Such as the R3 or R55)

C (or maybe CP) - Calm's Point (Such as the C67 or C83)

M - Majesta (Such as the M33 or M113)

B - Bethtown (Such as the B40 or B89)

Isola and Riverhead would be served by the Isola And Riverhead Surface Transportation Operating Authority. (IRSTOA)

There would be a MTA Bus equivalent but it might actually be tha same name.

The subway would be basically the same except for different borough and neighborhood names. The (E) would run from Isola to Majesta serving Majesta Boulevard. The (A)(B)(C)(D) and (2)(3) would serve Diamondback and (4)(5)(6) would serve East Diamondback in Isola.

There, however, would be the Bethtown Ferry and the Bethtown Railway.

Gruber's would be served by the I34 and I16.

Sorry EE local but keep in mind many of the NYCTF are under 20 years of age and some may not be aware of books or other things before the 1990's. like those written by Mr McBain. Not an insult just being honest.:confused:

Sorry EE local but keep in mind many of the NYCTF are under 20 years of age and some may not be aware of books or other things before the 1990's. like those written by Mr McBain. Not an insult just being honest.:confused:

Oh shh you. I read that and I'm 16. GTA has funny names for the five (four really) boroughs.

In GTA IV: Liberty City (NYC):

Algonquin = Manhattan

Broker = Brooklyn

Dukes = Queens

Brohn = The Bronx (That one is close.)

Aldenerny = New Jersey

The new GTA has no Staten Island but they did in older ones. It was called Shoreland Vale.

Archived