Less (V)s during rush hour

Matt91

(V) Trains run less frequently during rush hours

Weekdays, 7 AM to 9:30 AM and 4 PM to 5:30 PM Mon to Fri, until Oct 2

• Please allow additional travel time.

Any idea why?

I assume(correct me guys i am wrong)it because of Ongoing so called track work and CBTC installion work for at least last 2-3 years that has also caused slight reduction in (E)(F) rush hour service and also 'no' weekend (G) Queens Blvd service as well.

CBTC has nothing to do with GO. The purpose of this GO is for track improvements.

Ya and i wonder how much track work do they need to do on QBL, its like every weekend for 7+ Months G/O on QBL. I wonder what is the major issue there..

I think it would but the (R) is more used along Queens Blvd., since it offers the easiest transfer (and fastest, from Queens Plaza and maybe even Roosevelt Ave. now), so since many people use it they don't want to reduce service on it. This is just my guess.

I also think the track work at 65th is the same as at Grand Ave. so it won't affect the local tracks. But like last year, they might reroute expresses on the local track so the locals would have to have service reduced anyway.

The (V) trains been reduced because of the Slow Speed order on the Express tracks so (E)(F) trains can be rerouted on the Local tracks between Queens Plaza and 71 AV when needed because of the back ups the slow speed order creates.
They really need to come up with a way to shore up skeletonized tracks better so faster speeds can be allowed. (after all, elevated tracks are skeletonized). Or at least speed up the time (weeks, basically) between the chipout and the new pour.

It's like Queens Blvd; Lexington, etc. they don't care. They don't seem to be even trying to think of a better way.

Its been crazy with the Queens Blvd Project its taking so long because they only work on the tracks between 11PM and 5 AM but the track is out of service all weekend long. RTO is afraid of late trains so they don't want flagging set up that would delay (E)(F)(R) service on the weekend so work is getting done slower then normal.

It's better that service be slowed down for a short time to ensure that the necessary track replacements are made instead of waiting for a derailment which will disrupt service and slow it down it for longer.

very true. And another question: i saw the (MTA) doingsomething last week during the week (communications?) along the manhattan-bound exp track b/t Roosevelt and QP that slowed the (E)(F) trains to a crawl. Anything related to all this work?

Archived