R142 With The Ads

Fresh Pond

As we all know, the (MTA) is getting ad fever (lol) but this one is about the R142's. So far from what I observed, they are on 3 sets...1151-1155, 7731-7735, & 7751-7755. Question is do you love them or hate them? Comments are always welcome and look out for more sets with them.

As we all know, the (MTA) is getting ad fever (lol) but this one is about the R142's. So far from what I observed, they are on 3 sets...1151-1155, 7731-7735, & 7751-7755. Question is do you love them or hate them? Comments are always welcome and look out for more sets with them.

To me I don't really care. All I care about is that it makes the revenue needed to at least help keep fare prices down. Heck, they can plaster them on the ceiling or even the floor of the cars. At least something else to stare at than at someon'e face or shoes :(

I dont like the ads a smuch, It sounds like the 80s and before when the rail cars had blue strips, which could end up with Graffiti...

I prefer em on the R62/A. At least the (4) got it em, Im glade my (2)(5) doesnt. Of course (6) doesnt ether..

Honestly, I like them. It gives the cars a new look and I don't mind that at all. I'm looking forward to the day when the R142's and the R62/A's that aren't on the Shuttle get fully wrapped on the outside not covering the windows. The MTA keeps talking about how strapped for cash they are, they need to pull out all the stops to get that money so that we don't keep on losing service and money. If ads are the way to go, then do full on "balls to the walls" with it.

I keep seeing all these arguments about how the (MTA) is cash strapped and needs more revenue and that by wrapping every ibeam, pillar, turnstile, and train in corporate ads is going to prevent future fare hikes and put money towards expansion and better service. I call BS on all of that ... it's nothing more than cheapening the system, and I guarantee you there will still be fare hikes and failed Fulton St Transit Domes even with these ads. Most of the wraps on the Grand Central Shuttle look absolutely ugly. Keep the adds on the buses where they belong.

I keep seeing all these arguments about how the (MTA) is cash strapped and needs more revenue and that by wrapping every ibeam, pillar, turnstile, and train in corporate ads is going to prevent future fare hikes and put money towards expansion and better service. I call BS on all of that ... it's nothing more than cheapening the system, and I guarantee you there will still be fare hikes and failed Fulton St Transit Domes even with these ads. Most of the wraps on the Grand Central Shuttle look absolutely ugly. Keep the adds on the buses where they belong.

The ads on the trains and the stations are corporate graffiti. At least the graffiti in the 80' by guys such as SEEN, IN THE WIZ, SANE/SMITH, and many others was not justs colorful, but creative too. Also, to those who think that these ads will help save the (MTA), these ads bring in very little revenue. Also, these ads create a place for shity graffiti o stay around longer, just look at the 4th Ave line.

I dont like the ads a smuch, It sounds like the 80s and before when the rail cars had blue strips, which could end up with Graffiti...

I prefer em on the R62/A. At least the (4) got it em, Im glade my (2)(5) doesnt. Of course (6) doesnt ether..

But think about this one...in the 80's they had that blue stripe, and now with the ads, think about the color of it...can you say subliminal messaging

Archived