Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

New Haven at Night

So I was coming back down from spending the day helping the guys at BERA, was able to sneak some quick shots while I waited for the train to head back down to the city with Matted33. Best I could do when you don't have a tripod for night shots. Also, while not pictured, anyone know why there is a Pennsylvania Railroad car doing in New Haven? Saw a single car sitting in the New Haven layup tracks.

3873646906_cb922a6716_o.jpg

3873647200_1ea534b4f4_o.jpg

3872861599_b58d8b3f33_o.jpg

3873647816_1a6846ba0e_o.jpg

3872862233_2acc754489_o.jpg

Very cool stuff! :eek:

About the PRR car, did it have anything on it that said "JT" or "JTC"? What color, and what was the layout of the windows etc?

- A

Awsome Pics, How long will Con use Amtraks p40/42[if im right]

CDOT has purchased the P40's for SLE service. (and one Waterbury train)

Not sure if MNR still has any on the Danbury/Wassaic shuttles.

The PRR car may be being moved for holiday excursion usage or between museums, or between restoration shop & museum, or from storage or something. It really isn't rare to see old PRR, CNJ, NYC and other cars, the trick is figuring out what they are up to. ;)

- A

Nice work, Julio. NHV looks nice at night and you captured the nice light.

That PRR car is a PV or Private Varnish car, that is available for lease on excursions coupled to the back of an Amtrak train.

061805+PRR+Lounge+Car+Farmington+River+Windsor.jpg

Here he is in Windsor CT, crossing the Farmington on its way from SPG to NHV to get hooked onto a Regional.

Here is a short album from when they stored them in Hartford

I find it hilarious how you can still see the Amtrak logo on the CDOT-purchased P40's.

Well ya can't expect CDOT to spend TO much money can ya? I mean those simple patches must already be stretching the budget to it's extreme....:P

Well ya can't expect CDOT to spend TO much money can ya? I mean those simple patches must already be stretching the budget to it's extreme....:P
You're probably right... although I saw somewhere that CDOT might get M8's to run (S)(L)(E). THAT would be extreme budget stretch...