Question about Sutter Avenue/Rutland Road (3 train)

Tinamarie

I feel like such a fool for being so scared over nothing!

I came back an hour ago. First, I'm lucky that my partner is a very friendly and welcoming person. Her apartment is very lovely and comforting. We walked around Union Street and saw a lot of stores around Rutland Road. Then we walked around Rockaway Pkwy and coming there by cab, I went through Crown Heights and I saw a HUGE Jewish community. I put that in my notes for my paper. So then we decided to walk to Crown Heights. We were in Crown, Utica and Kingston and we walked back to her house. Nothing out of the ordinary and I felt comfortable. I didn't go by the Tilden houses though. LOL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok that's good to know. I'm used to getting hit on and I always ignore it so I don't think that would be a huge problem. But when I go there, I'm going to try my best NOT to go alone or at night.

I haven't even been to South Jamaica...UGH! LOL

As for the building, it's in Union Street.

Thanks for the info, btw!

I'm partially serious here...

Wear something unattractive to men... If possible lmao, because if they don't find you as attractive, they will be less likely to be saying "haaay booooo". :)

You'll be alright though, just go along with your business, and ignore others trying to make you thier business.

Yesterday, I was unattractive. No men even looked at me or my partner or said anything to us. I wore my hair up, i had no makeup and my pants were loose. LOL

I wouldn't say that. I know a few guys that don't mind the "girl next door" look or the thug girl look :P

Trust me, one time it was raining and I had my hood up and my hair was in my face and I still got hit on! LOL
Guys tend to hit on you in the rain because they think you're up for anything as long as they can dry you up, sometimes talk to you sharing his umbrella... Do I believe that? I've done it before!

Guys tend to hit on you in the rain because they think you're up for anything as long as they can dry you up, sometimes talk to you sharing his umbrella... Do I believe that? I've done it before!

LOL @ "dry you up". k...stopped laughing. Nope, started up again!

I wouldn't say that. I know a few guys that don't mind the "girl next door" look or the thug girl look :P

DOB2RTO loves that look. When a young woman can go out with hair a disaster, sweat pants, and I still get excited, that means that girl is BAD!!!!!!!

I'm partially serious here...

Wear something unattractive to men... If possible lmao, because if they don't find you as attractive, they will be less likely to be saying "haaay booooo". :P

You'll be alright though, just go along with your business, and ignore others trying to make you thier business.

What's funny is those who dress attractive and get hit on, have an attitude at times. I mean you dress to impress, know you will get hit on alot. As for those who don't dress to impress, and still get hit on, well....those who dress to impress got nothing on you, cause you can still get a man, looking your worst........

What's funny is those who dress attractive and get hit on, have an attitude at times. I mean you dress to impress, know you will get hit on alot. As for those who don't dress to impress, and still get hit on, well....those who dress to impress got nothing on you, cause you can still get a man, looking your worst........
Exactly, these girls complain about guys saying "What's good" when they dress good for the attention... Women confuse me. :cry:

Exactly, these girls complain about guys saying "What's good" when they dress good for the attention... Women confuse me. :cry:

Today at 149/Grand Concourse, I was sitting on the platform, looking at the hotties, and I realized what I said is very true. Those dressed like they are going or coming from a club, have stank attitudes alot of the time. Tired of getting hit on, simple answer is, don't dress like you want to find a man. No need to dress nice, if you don't want to be noticed. Those who are dressed, regularly, and look hot (like this 18year old I was talkin to Saturday night on the (4) train, who lives in the Bronx), well there is nothing you all can do. You are naturally cute, and will get hit on. Not as much as those who dress to impress, but it still will happen. I thank you regular dressing ladies, who still look outstanding, for not being stuck up your own a$$e$...........

They were in a car parked somewhere, so I don't think they wanted to offer their umbrella. However in my former college, it was raining and a guy (probably from the college), offered to share his umbrella (so I don't mess up my beautiful hair), as he said. I declined and I just put my hood up.

I usually ignore guys who hit on me. I don't dress like I'm going to a club. I just dress in jeans and a tshirt. The only makeup I wear is blush so I'm not looking to get bothered by anyone.

thats brownsville if u dont have the heart its not the place for u worked in the area this is the area that always has the 1st nyc homicide of the year mind u a cop left his partner and ran in this area
A police officer left his partner and ran in Brownsville? What happened? Had to be from the 73d.

"Brownsville! Never Ran! Never Will!"

thats brownsville if u dont have the heart its not the place for u worked in the area this is the area that always has the 1st nyc homicide of the year mind u a cop left his partner and ran in this area

Beautiful Brownsville. PSA 2: a world-class resort area!

I usually ignore guys who hit on me. I don't dress like I'm going to a club. I just dress in jeans and a tshirt. The only makeup I wear is blush so I'm not looking to get bothered by anyone.

As a girl, I say you only attract as much attention as you let on. If guys hit on you, just ignore them...mind how you carry yourself. If you walk confidently, but yet not too confidently, they're more likely to leave you be, hon.

As a guy, I say, unless you look like a toothless crack-wh*re, some men will still hit on you, no matter how you walk, or attention you attract. But I'm not the one who will keep bothering a young woman if she ignores me. Usually I'll say hi your doing, or will just look at them and see what their response is. Some I will just speak to, by asking them some questions, and if they say their not interested, so be it..........

My range is from a baseball cap, timberland wearing "tomboy", who wears jeans, or sweat/jogging pants, to high heeled dress to impress. I love variety. Only thing is I'm not a thick or chubby chaser (not offense to the thick or chubbies). Slim goodies is what me like. Especially those in jeans and tee-shirts....:):P:P............

My range is from a baseball cap, timberland wearing "tomboy", who wears jeans, or sweat/jogging pants, to high heeled dress to impress. I love variety. Only thing is I'm not a thick or chubby chaser (not offense to the thick or chubbies). Slim goodies is what me like. Especially those in jeans and tee-shirts....:):P:P............

Preach brotha preach! If she's wearing a Yankees cap that's extra good in my book...

Beautiful Brownsville. PSA 2: a world-class resort area!

With Parks Dept. this summer, I worked an even at the Brownsville Rec Center. Just as me and my crew were releived, the police showed up with "hats and bats". When I asked why, I was told it was not because there was a fight it was just to try and keep order.

As a guy, I say, unless you look like a toothless crack-wh*re, some men will still hit on you, no matter how you walk, or attention you attract.

There is a soul mate for everyone, and even crack h*es need love too.

There is a soul mate for everyone, and even crack h*es need love too.

I've seen plenty of them too, with their soul mates. I had told this story 1 time on here. It was at 125st, and this addict and her addict boyfriend were in front of the dispatcher booth, hugging, kissing, leaning on and loving each other. We were in there looking at them, and of course me being me, starting making jokes. One was look, this is equal to two drunks holding each other up, another was I wonder is she rubbing his arm to warm him up, or to find a vein........

Only thing is I'm not a thick or chubby chaser (not offense to the thick or chubbies). Slim goodies is what me like. Especially those in jeans and tee-shirts....:):P:P............

You can keep the skinny ones, I'll take the thick ones.

Archived