(D) trains run on the (Q) and (R) lines, (Q) runs via Broadway Local

Luis1985

http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=D&date=9/1/2009&time=

I saw this at Manhattan-bound platform at DeKalb Ave as well:

(D) Late Nights

Sept 1-2 12:01AM to 5AM Tue and Wed

Manhattan-bound (D) trains run on the (R) line from DeKalb Av to Canal St, then on the (Q) line to 34 St.

For service to Grand St, take the (D)(N)(Q) to Canal St instead,

OR,

take the (D)(N)(Q) to 34 St and transfer to the Brooklyn-bound (F) to West 4 St where (S) Special Shuttle train is available.

For service to West 4 St, take the (N) to 8 St instead, or take the (D)(N)(Q) to 34 St and transfer to the Brooklyn-bound (F).

For service to 205 St, take the (D)(N)(Q) to 34 St and transfer to the Bronx-bound (D) at the (D)(F) Platform.

We are performing emergency track work.

http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=Q&date=9/1/2009&time=

Manhattan-bound (Q) trains run on the (R) line between DeKalb Av and Canal St, then LOCAL to 57 St/7 Ave.

Brooklyn-bound (Q) trains run LOCAL between 57 St/7 Av and Canal St.

(N) remains unchanged.

its so good to see the (D)(Q) working together again, lol.

So-

-(D)s will terminate at Times Square. Relay north of the station.

-(Q)s via Broadway Local to/from Canal St & Midtown-57 St/7 Av.

i guess so, or unless they actually terminate at 34 St like it says on the paper, i really dont know. but (D) trains running on the (R) line would be nice to see.

Why does every line have to make way for the D? During CPW GOs, the A has to run local all the way, while the D runs express. When 4th Avenue has a GO, only the D is express. When late night comes, the D is the only express in the B division. I hate having my regular lines make way for the slow D.

What they could of done is allowed trains to run on the (F) to avoid ending at 34th. Have shuttle buses running or sumin..

I think the (MTA) needs to find away to have the BMT Broadway connect to ether 6th Ave or CPW lines..

To bad I may not do this. Seems late.. Lucky catch if anyone finds a Yellow (D)

What they could of done is allowed trains to run on the (F) to avoid ending at 34th. Have shuttle buses running or sumin..

I think the (MTA) needs to find away to have the BMT Broadway connect to ether 6th Ave or CPW lines..

i dont think so being that its late night, they'll just use up its regular R68's on the (D) and the (D) would just be the simple (D). Last time i saw a yellow (D) was on an R68A (Q) train back in 2006. since then i havent seen it. it would be nice tho, lol.

also, having the (D) run on the (F) line wouldnt be bad either, but whats gonna happen with the West End Line? Run (D) Shuttle Trains between 36 st and Coney Island or make the Coney Island-bound (N) run on the (D) line and suspend Coney Island-bound (N) service on the Sea Beach line? its better to do the 2 section thing where the (D) runs on the (Q)(R) lines, and have people transfer to the (D) via 6 Ave at 34 St to continue to the Bronx.

With the new layout of the Nassau St. line, you could actually run the (D) through both ways (with some modification, though, such as extending the middle platform at Essex, and this would be westward, requiring removal of a room. there is already enough space between interlocking signals for 600ft).

Northbound, they would come into Essex in the middle (track 4), and then go back out using the switch to cross over track to 1, then to the BJ2 Chrystie cut. Southbound, the BJ1 only connects to J1 and the outside track at Essex. So you reverse signal J1 to Canal St, and then they would simply go that way, and then switch to 2 track into Chambers to head towards the tunnel.

I had said this would be good if the Williamsburg happened to be closed as well. But since we're talking about nights, there should not be much conflict with the (J). Manhattan bound, it would be on J1 at Essex all by itself, and the other way, it would have to wait either for the (D) to leave Essex from 4 track, and also, for it to wrong rail from 1 to 2 at Canal. At night, that should not be such a big problem.

If they did not reverse signal J1, then you could still use the switch from 1 to 4 right there and wrong rail through the Bowery, but that would make it difficult for both the (J) and the northbound (D).

What would be eliminated in this case is the need to relay out on the bridge. You could also still run the crews as separate halves, so that one gets off at Essex while the other gets on, and people do not have to wait for the T/O to change ends. So it wouldn't take much longer than a regular stop.

When I sent the idea in, they said 75 foot cars could run that way; but I believe they were overgeneralizing. The barrier to 75 foot cars is not between Essex and the Montague; it's past there over the bridge. Unless it's something they added like the new tunnel lights or something, as one person once suggested to me. But I don't think so.

Archived