General Manager Joe Casey introduces Passenger Etiquette program.

metsfan

Message from the General Manager

joephoto.jpg

Joseph M. Casey

General Manager

For the past year and a half we have focused on improving your travel experience by introducing new programs and refreshing old ones that address basic customer concerns – communications, cleanliness, courtesy, and convenience.

Every effort is made to ensure that service operates according to schedule, but that’s only part of the equation. We also believe that the 20-45 minutes you spend commuting on SEPTA should be relaxing and pleasant. We asked for your input through our website survey and gathered comments and suggestions from your Customer Service calls, letters, and e-mails to help us create a new SEPTA Passenger Etiquette Program.

Some of you may be wondering what could be new since you’ve seen posters and carcards with riding tips in the past. Our Regional Rail QuietRide Car program is one example of a slightly different approach to addressing intrusive cell phone and rider conversations, one that offers a noise-free riding option on peak hour trains. For many customers, the time riding SEPTA may be the only break between home and taking the kids to daycare, work and school, or first job and second job and it may be the only time to have a light snack. So you will see some adjustments to our eating and drinking rules that work to accommodate your busy schedule without compromising vehicle cleanliness.

I think the most important difference in our new Passenger Etiquette program is the message that the quality of each SEPTA ride depends on a partnership between customers and employees, one built on mutual respect and courtesy for each other. It’s not just the responsibility of our Operators and frontline staff to do their best for you – we need you to do your best to help them and the customers sharing your ride.

Over the next weeks and months we will be introducing our new program with general tips for good riding manners as well as tips designed specifically to address the concerns of bus, trolley, high speed, regional rail, and paratransit customers. I hope you will take the time to read our Passenger Etiquette posters, carcards, and flyers and that you will share the information, especially with young children and teens.

With your support and cooperation we can achieve and maintain the quality standards we all want for customer comfort and travel convenience. Thank you and thanks for riding SEPTA.

http://www.septa.com/inside/gm_message.html

New guidelines can be found here:

http://www.septa.com/service/rideguide/ride_rules.html

- A

This is one of the very few things that will benifit both the fans and the regulars that Joe Casey is doing... however i am still steamed about how he changed the Name of route 100 to the Norristown High Speed Line, and changed the colors of the Suburban trolley car lines (101 and 102) from brown to green... now many people will be confusted just for that!

But.... this etiquette program isn't bad... at least now i don't have to worry about getting trampled on for eating a McDonalds burger on the bus at 10PM...

I'm getting tired of people smoking on the platform at trenton. :septa: crew seems to not give a crap, even though you can get an 800 dollar fine.... It's against PA & NJ state law to smoke at train stations, near entrances, on platforms & on trains. (NJT) is much more strict, though stations are not staffed enough for them to do much, and leaving the lawbreaker to fetch someone is hardly going to work.

The train crew needs to step up & realize they got the power.

- A

hehe one time at FTC, someone was smoking. They had cops, dogs, and all kinds of stuff for that one person... i guess that the SEPTA crews are only lazy in trenton lol... maybe Delware too, but at FTC. if you smoke on the platform, prepare to be skrewed! (Same applies to 69th and 30th St Stations apparantly) However, feel free to take a dump in one of the various stairwells that Frankford has to offer ;)

hehe one time at FTC, someone was smoking. They had cops, dogs, and all kinds of stuff for that one person... i guess that the SEPTA crews are only lazy in trenton lol... maybe Delware too, but at FTC. if you smoke on the platform, prepare to be skrewed! (Same applies to 69th and 30th St Stations apparantly) However, feel free to take a dump in one of the various stairwells that Frankford has to offer ;)

I have a feeling it's because it's not owned by :septa:. I will have to talk to some people about that though, there should be cameras by that elevator anyways, because the stairs and escalator block the view back there, and that is where a lot of the offenders tend to be.

It just irks me that people smoke around others. They use the argument that it's their body their choice, but it affects others too, so even if legal is just rude.

Also, people leave trash on seats as if it's some place to leave stuff. One time some lady left a whole plastic bag of wrappers cups and napkins on the seat when she got out. I was like "hey you left a bag behind" she looked kinda like she had been caught.

- A

Archived