Is the 5 train terminating at Bowling Green during rush hours?

Tinamarie

I was in Union Square during rush hours and I hopped on the (5) train and I didn't realize that it was terminating at Bowling Green and I had to get off at Fulton Street for the (2) which was annoying and a long walk too early in the morning. Is the (5) train terminating at Bowling Green during rush hours or do certain (5) trains terminate at Bowling Green? Thank you.

All that depends on what happens in Brooklyn. If something is going on in Brooklyn, that is causing delays to the (2), (3), (4), and/or (5) lines, the dispatchers (usually with RCC and line Superintendents O.K.), will short-turn (5) trains at Bowling Green. They will short turn (4) trains there too, if necessary......

They have sent (2) and (3) trains around the (1) line old South Ferry loop, when necessary also.......

There are a few am and pm rush hour trains scheduled to terminate at Bowling Green. Since we only run NTT on the (4) and (5) read the outside display or listen to the announcements to avoid being caught by suprise. A (4) or (5) will either say Bowling Green bound or Brooklyn bound while in Manhattan. In Brooklyn a (4) train will say Crown Heights or New Lots bound while a (5) train will say Brooklyn College , Crown Heights, or New Lots bound.

Never works with baseball special (4) trains. People don't listen. Trick is turn lights off n on, hope they isn't sleepin', n do the walk, no matter how much they try to make you get out the way of other trains. I tell em, I don't need cargo back to the yard with me.....

By the way, their is a new bulletin out, that says their is an exception to customers ridin, both the Brooklyn Bridge and Bowling Green loop (of course long as trains are scheduled to go N/B in service)........

There are a few am and pm rush hour trains scheduled to terminate at Bowling Green. Since we only run NTT on the (4) and (5) read the outside display or listen to the announcements to avoid being caught by suprise. A (4) or (5) will either say Bowling Green bound or Brooklyn bound while in Manhattan. In Brooklyn a (4) train will say Crown Heights or New Lots bound while a (5) train will say Brooklyn College , Crown Heights, or New Lots bound.

Yeah next time I'm going to definitely do that. I was caught off guard and by the time I realized it was terminating at Bowling Green, the doors were closing.

On Monday, there were signal problems in Atlantic Avenue with the (4) train so the (4) & (5) were delayed during rush hours! so I had to take the (L) train to 6th Avenue and take the (2). It really is a journey going to my college...geez! ;)

The IRT mainline has no limit to where a train makes last stop. (4)(5) To Bowling Green. (5) to New Lots. (6) to Bowling Green during GOHs! It's just the fact of capacity. Alot of IRT line don't have as much capacity as BMT or IND line hence why some train veer off their main track to different terminals.

By the way, their is a new bulletin out, that says their is an exception to customers ridin, both the Brooklyn Bridge and Bowling Green loop (of course long as trains are scheduled to go N/B in service)........

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the last downtown stop on this train, the next stop on this train will be Bowling Green on the uptown platform"

Archived