Question about the 6 train...

Jashawn R.

I just moved to Freeman Street near the Whitlock Av station. When school starts next week, I have to take the (6) to Westchester Sq and take the Bx8 to school. Does the (6) run local uptown in the morning rush hour?

Yes the uptown (6) runs local in the AM rush, but you have to take the Pelham Bay Park bound (6) local!

(6) train will always run local, Tho During AM Rush Local Service for PELHAM LOCAL starts at Parkchester and ends at 138th in both direction.

AM PELHAM EXP runs local from Pelham Bay Park to Parkchester and then goes express to 3rd Ave

When heading Northbound there is a Local that goes to Parkchester[To allow local service to return for PELHAM Local as the Express ones runs PELHAM EXP] and the other is Pelham Bay Park train which goes local str8[but returns as Exp when going to manhattan]

btw if ur new to the bronx, welcome to the Bronx county and enjoy your stay! Wow when you said freeman st i thought u live near the WPR Line (2)(5)..

Whitlock Avenue isn't the prettiest street but the view from the platform is nice, especially to the west where the (6)<6> curve onto Westchester Avenue and then cross the Bronx River.

umm what does this after to with the question. Theres curves everywhere[depends on station/location], West Farms SQ on WPR, 61st on the Flushing... Whitlock isnt the only station with a nice curve.

There is an uptown express until further notice between 9am-10:30am.

(6) Some Pelham Bay Pk-bound trains run express from Hunts Pt Av to Parkchester

Weekdays, 9 AM to 10:30 AM Mon to Fri, until further notice

For service to Whitlock, Elder, Soundview and St Lawrence Avs,

transfer at Hunts Point Av for the next local (6) train.

Yes, it will run local. It doesn't begin running express uptown until around 12:30-1:00 PM.

Be careful around Whitlock, though. There's not much sidewalk.

You kno we should make you the official GM(General Manager) of the Pelham (6)<6>:P

btw whats wrong with the sidewalk or which? Confused:confused:

Thanks!!! The only reason why I asked this question is because I saw so many uptown (6)'s running express from my window!!!!!

well keep checking cuz thats been going on for years now. And if you ever wanna get home faster thru the PM form manhattan you can take the <6> exp to Hunts Point and take the Parkchester (6) Local to the next stop which is Whitlock same! From 1-8PM and heading to manhattan backwards from 6:30AM to 12:30PM :P! The <6> is the only express service in the Bronx that have longer hours compared to the <5> which runs from 6:45 to 10AM and 4:15PM to 8:45PM from 180th to 3rd ave peak during Rush hourse other times local in the bronx. The LONGEST peak train is the <7> which AM is from 6:45AM to 12:45PM i think and 1:15PM to about 10:45PM

the 6 trains run express from hunts point to parkchester from 10-11am to ease congestion at parkchester and get am layups out the way. this was started a few picks ago by the line manager. it does work because i used to finish 15-20mins late. then after they started i would either be on time or maybe 5 mins late getting to pelham. it sucks for the am crews because they lose a express trip, but its great for the midnight crews trying to get done for the day.

You kno we should make you the official GM(General Manager) of the Pelham (6)<6>:P

btw whats wrong with the sidewalk or which? Confused:confused:

Mark, there isn't anything wrong with the sidewalk on Whitlock Avenue - there just isn't much. Also compare the view you see on Whitlock on either side of the station with the view you see from the platform.

Archived