MTA LIB service changes and expansions

aemoreira81

Saw some timetables for fall by Hempstead Transit Center...and the N27 has to be one of the big winners, going from 6 AM to 7 PM daily to now 5:30 AM to 9:50 PM Monday-Saturday (Sunday hours remain roughly the same) and during the day, up to every 30 minutes at even headways on weekdays (hourly on wekeends---Westbury Boulevard in Hempstead gets full-time service).. (The downside of course is that to do it, the N27 will no longer use East Gate Boulevard.)

The N23 is also in line for major weekend service increases. More is here.

Well it is about time some help arrives for the N27. The service at night is long overdue. I wont miss East Gate Blvd one bit! It will shave prob 10 minutes off the running time. Now if only they can go something about that Glen Cove Rd/Old Country area.

You could run the N27 straight down Roslyn and then have it make the left onto Old Country Road that way. But then that leaves Jericho Tpk and Glen Cove rd north of Old Country with only the N22A.

Better to just go around the cars at that light and hound the county to fix that damn light!

I hope there's service increases for the N22. It has alot of probs esp in rush hours because despite serving New Cassel (one of the most impoverished areas in the county) it runs every 20 minutes.

Got the 5:51pm bus at RF to Westbury today. It was 10 minutes late and jammed with about 20 standees, because the bus before it leaves around 5:25pm. Of course now that the weather is abit cooler there was no a/c and just some open windows. I dont get why they are allowed to shut off the HVAC at LI Bus? No one from the MTA ever wrote me back about that complaint, yet.

I would rather have my bottom lip pulled over my head than board another Long Island Bus.

Just wondering what some of those reasons are? Because things are improving since the MTA takeover.

My remaining pet peeves just have to do with the crowded buses and being late. And that some of these crowded buses dont have HVAC blowers on in temperate weather. Also there's alot of day laborers on these buses, esp the N22 making for a Tijuana like ride.

Most of those problems should be eased by running more frequent buses and reprimanding drivers who shut off HVAC.

Just wondering what some of those reasons are?

My remaining pet peeves just have to do with the crowded buses and being late. And that some of these crowded buses dont have HVAC blowers on in temperate weather. Also there's alot of day laborers on these buses, esp the N22 making for a Tijuana like ride.

Wow, talk about answering your own question. A crowded, red hot, late bus is not my nirvana. My car always has a seat available, is air conditioned and always arrives on time. Nuff said.

LIB seems to be operating hidden. There aren't many announcements of major changes to since. Even the bus map is from 2003! These improvements are welcome, as some routes are packed.

On the other hand, despite the hourly frequency on my local route (N78/79), the buses often carry no more than a few people on weekends.

LIB seems to be operating hidden. There aren't many announcements of major changes to since. Even the bus map is from 2003! These improvements are welcome, as some routes are packed.

On the other hand, despite the hourly frequency on my local route (N78/79), the buses often carry no more than a few people on weekends.

Another thing: the midday restoration of N2 service back in June was done very quietly (this service had been cut way back in the early 1980s, and only took 27 years to restore).

Archived