Even with major NYC preparation by officials, swine flu fears remain

Harry

New York is well-prepared for another swine flu outbreak - but it might not be enough, health experts warned Wednesday.

The meticulous planning ahead of fall's potential H1N1 resurgence puts the city ahead of the curve compared to other major metropolitan areas, experts said.

Still, no one really knows how fast the virus will spread, or how dangerous it will be, so all the contingency plans might not be enough.

"I believe that New York City has done a very good job of planning and preparation, certainly relative to other metropolitan areas and more generally worldwide," said Al Ozonoff, associate professor of biostatistics at Boston University's School of Public Health.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/09/03/2009-09-03_city_is_prepared_but_swine_flu_fears_remain.html#ixzz0Q2ovyLRn

post-1-133288580753_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288580753_thumb.jpg

Seeing as NYC is a major hub for international travel, houses 2 large airports, contains 2 very large interstate train terminals, a huge bus terminal, the subway system and etc, they better at least try to get their ducks in a row even if it ends up not being enough, or more than adequate.

- A

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :eek::confused:

Kidding.

I had H1N1, and it was 4 days of intense fever, headaches, runny nose, and some sneezing.

If it comes back mutated, it could be a real problem for some people. I just don't want to die from it if it becomes some hugely deadly strain, because that would be so lame, i haven't even really done anything with my life yet.

- A

Archived