Updates?

jayo

Anyone know what's happened with the North Philadelphia BSL station rehab? There isn't mush news about it on the web site, and it's been over a year! Anyone been there lately?

Also, have any of the prototype Silverliner V's arrived yet?

Anyone know what's happened with the North Philadelphia BSL station rehab? There isn't mush news about it on the web site, and it's been over a year! Anyone been there lately?

Also, have any of the prototype Silverliner V's arrived yet?

http://philadelphiatransitforums.cjb.net/topic/7101996/1/ See my posts under the name "TRANSIT_FREAK"

As for the prototype? It won't be here until December 09/January 10. When Rotem finishes rebuilding the plant in South Philadelphia.

here are my pictures from the Silverliner V mock up from a year ago.

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/multimedia/thumbnails-181.html

But they're already in the construction process, it's too late for them to cancel! Thanks, the SEPTA site mentioned the renovation to be finished a year ago, and hadn't heard anything since, so I was a little concerned.

I look forward to seeing Girard and City Hall being made accessible! Especially since they are vital transfer points!

There is a chance the silverliner 5 contract may be canceled and given to someone else.

- A

Hopefully it will. Rotem is taking way to long. Plus they are reconstructing a plant in south philly just to make the 1 hundred and something number of cars.

Kawasaki built more than 350 vehicles for :septa: and they did more manufacturing over in Asia.

Instead :septa: went with Rotem (who I am not familiar with.)

Kawasaki did take part in the bid for the SVs. I won't be surprised if we hear from them again.

:tdown::septa:

Kawasaki did take part in the bid for the SVs. I won't be surprised if we hear from them again.

:tdown::septa:

Didn't they file a lawsuit with United Transit early on? I remember reading about something like that a few years ago...

Did Kawasaki take part in the bid for the M-4's, but lost to Adtranz? I'd be interested to see who all tried for them!

I don't think they'll bother for the next set of LRV's Septa will get!

Archived