How much longer after medical exam

budsthe4

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find it within the forum. Do you know if you pass the medical exam right after you take it, or does it take a while for them to get back to you with the results? If they take a while with the results, how long does it usually take? And does it usually take a while to get your starting date? Thank you in advance. (MTA)

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find it within the forum. Do you know if you pass the medical exam right after you take it, or does it take a while for them to get back to you with the results? If they take a while with the results, how long does it usually take? And does it usually take a while to get your starting date? Thank you in advance. (MTA)

you will know the medical results the same day you go in. if you pass, you will get sworn in and they will give you an orientation package with your starting date.

You will know the results of the majority of the exam. They won't give you a final pass or fail until the results of the pee test come back from the lab.

You should get a call about a week after the exam on whether or not you passed. If you passed, they will give you a date for orientation. The start date will depend on the craft and next available orientation class.

What craft did you test for?

PAT is the Physical Ability Test. It's held over in medical @ Graybar.

Did you take your medical yet? Are you scheduled for it?

There are a few open Cust Service Rep spots open on the roster and even more ticket agent jobs open. Unfortunately the more jobs they fill the less overtime the rest of us will get. Most of the open spots are either relief jobs (steady shifts with different hours each day) or extra jobs (no steady shift or hours but you will work 40 hours a week).

PAT is the Physical Ability Test. It's held over in medical @ Graybar.

Did you take your medical yet? Are you scheduled for it?

There are a few open Cust Service Rep spots open on the roster and even more ticket agent jobs open. Unfortunately the more jobs they fill the less overtime the rest of us will get. Most of the open spots are either relief jobs (steady shifts with different hours each day) or extra jobs (no steady shift or hours but you will work 40 hours a week).

Thank you for your reply. I did not take the medical yet. I am scheduled for the end of next week.

I am a little confused about what you mentioned about the open spots. Are both the "relief" and "extra" jobs 40 hours a week or just the "extra" jobs?

Would you happen to know off hand at what locations the spots are open?

I am curious to know which locations.

Thanks

Regardless of if it's a relief job or a extra job you are still guaranteed a 40 hour work week.

A relief job will give you steady days and hours but they will be different hours each day as you are covering the 2 off days of someone that works the other five days in that time slot.

Example, one job that was just out for bid had working hours as Tuesday 6:45am - 3:15pm, Wed/Thurs 2:45pm - 11:15pm, Fri/Sat 2:00pm - 10:30pm. Days off are Sun/Mon.

Extra jobs have no steady hours or days but again, you will still work 40 hours a week. Just not the same 40 hours each week as Extra jobs usually cover others vacations. So you may work Mon-Fri from 7-3 this week. Next week might be 3-11, etc. Also your off days will vary and there is nothing that says you are required to have 2 consecutive days off each week.

Job that I know are currently vacant include 1 or 2 extra list ticket jobs based in White Plains. 1 extra ticket job in Stamford. The White Plains extra jobs cover all ticket offices on the Hudson and Harlem Lines. Example you might be in Fordham today and Peekskill tomorrow. The Stamford extra covers all ticket offices on the New Haven Line. Harlem -125 is covered by GCT.

I know there are some Customer Service Rep jobs open but I'm don't know specifics. The only stations that have CSR jobs are GCT and one PA operator @ Harlem 125.

Don't let any of this turn you off as new hires always get the jobs no one else wants. Once you get through probation (90 days) then you can bid other jobs as they become available. If you get hired I would just stick with it. It will get better.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Good Luck.

Regardless of if it's a relief job or a extra job you are still guaranteed a 40 hour work week.

A relief job will give you steady days and hours but they will be different hours each day as you are covering the 2 off days of someone that works the other five days in that time slot.

Example, one job that was just out for bid had working hours as Tuesday 6:45am - 3:15pm, Wed/Thurs 2:45pm - 11:15pm, Fri/Sat 2:00pm - 10:30pm. Days off are Sun/Mon.

Extra jobs have no steady hours or days but again, you will still work 40 hours a week. Just not the same 40 hours each week as Extra jobs usually cover others vacations. So you may work Mon-Fri from 7-3 this week. Next week might be 3-11, etc. Also your off days will vary and there is nothing that says you are required to have 2 consecutive days off each week.

Job that I know are currently vacant include 1 or 2 extra list ticket jobs based in White Plains. 1 extra ticket job in Stamford. The White Plains extra jobs cover all ticket offices on the Hudson and Harlem Lines. Example you might be in Fordham today and Peekskill tomorrow. The Stamford extra covers all ticket offices on the New Haven Line. Harlem -125 is covered by GCT.

I know there are some Customer Service Rep jobs open but I'm don't know specifics. The only stations that have CSR jobs are GCT and one PA operator @ Harlem 125.

Don't let any of this turn you off as new hires always get the jobs no one else wants. Once you get through probation (90 days) then you can bid other jobs as they become available. If you get hired I would just stick with it. It will get better.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much for the clarification because at first I was confused about what you had told me in your previous posting. I am not turned off at all about the hours for the job. I will stick with it regardless because I really want the job.

I was just curious because I did not know the hours at all. Thank you for your help B)

Archived