The Northeast Corridor Line Thread

EE Broadway Local

Don't forget that Princeton Jct is a great place for 135 mph spottings!

I was under the embankment in the tunnel there when an acela stormed by at full allowed speed. Was like a woosh of thunder. :cool:

- A

I was under the embankment in the tunnel there when an acela stormed by at full allowed speed. Was like a woosh of thunder. :cool:

- A

That tunnel gets a lot of vibration as it's actually a metal pipe. I will post some pictures the next time that I use my dad's D70 at Princeton Jct.

That tunnel gets a lot of vibration as it's actually a metal pipe. I will post some pictures the next time that I use my dad's D70 at Princeton Jct.

Oh, no not that one, the older, narrower masonry tunnel. That one is so old, you can just tell from the design that it's original to the line being built.

When PC or conrail did the grade crossing removal dealio, a lot of stations got those large pipes. Most of them sag exactly under the tracks, especially under the express tracks since they see a lot of "heavy" traffic.

Speaking of those pipes, they will need to be replaced within the next 30 years, i'd like to see how they plan to do that.

- A

Since the Newark Liberty International Airport station opened, do you think North Elizabeth sees slightly less ridership? I know the only access from/to this station is Newark AirTrain which is $5.50 plus your train ticket.

Each week some 794 trains stop at this station.

Also, is there much of interest around the Metropark station?

Archived