Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

Lionel releases M7 for LIRR's 175th anniversary

I hope it will be on display at the model train show in the holiday season, so I can see it in person and decide whether to buy it.

Looks to be identical to the M7-A that Lionel released earlier, so if you've seen that one, it should be the same.

Looks to be identical to the M7-A that Lionel released earlier, so if you've seen that one, it should be the same.

I haven't, although someone on YouTube described them as oversized and weak.

Didn't Lionel make rapid transit model cars? It sucks that it's O gauge...I like HO/OO scale way better. Oh well...I'll consider whether to buy it.

The LIRR M-7 Set is out already. I don't have the set (yet). However, I heard the destination signs are wrong for the LIRR, and have a Metro-North destination sign pasted on instead. Im guessing the LIRR Set reads 'Grand Central'. I heard good things about the set so far...

Zach

I gotta go to trainworld but how much are they anyway?

I was thinking about buying the M7 (A) Metro-north but I like LIRR

checked train worlds web site they have a set for 3 hundy powerd.

After seeing them on MNRR I refuse to get them because of their size. Lonel really screwed up here because those cars are alot longer in life. You would assume they would be closer on the details. Especially since they were making the R27 subway. Guess not, also not to mention they jacked up the price of the LIRR set as well as the R30. Go figure Lionel.... MTH needs to get that license back! Quick!