Orion VII NG Torched in Toronto

Smoot178

On the 2nd of September a TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Blue Night Bus was set on fire by some drunk guy.

to-bus-fire01.jpg

Orion VII NG HEV #1517 was running the Blue Night route on Younge Street when this man set the bus on fire.

What he forgot was that all Toronto city buses have cams watching 24/7

Here is a pic of it from 2008 when it first arrived

Toronto_Transit_Commission_1517-a.jpg

Sorry guys, you are probably in pain watching that video.

Now that was dead wrong....I hope the police caught him and arrested his dumbass!

Agreed.

LOL! Thankfully it wasn't an Fishbowl or RTS. Nice photo of 1517 btw.

I'd like to know how exactly is that funny? If this was either a fishbowl or an RTS, you sure wouldnt be using "LOL!". The situation could have been worse if people were on the bus.

I'd like to know how exactly is that funny? If this was either a fishbowl or an RTS, you sure wouldnt be using "LOL!". The situation could have been worse if people were on the bus.

Thank you very much.....I bet if it was a C40 he won't have been "LOL"ing!

Yes, the person got caught by TPS. He was charged with numerous offences.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090903/arson_arrest_090903/20090903/?hub=TorontoNewHome

There WERE passengers on the bus. Once they saw him doing the act, they exited the bus.

Thank you for the link....I hope he gets the worse sentence ever!

A bus gets burned down and you say LOL? Now you wouldn't be laughing if you're on a bus that went on fire huh... I would say something but I'm going to bite my tongue to keep this thread clean and on topic.

BURN BABY BURN, Hey Its a Burnt MAXI PAD, Good, And Good they got the dumbass but he did a good job burning that Junk.
Now let that be an Orion V or RTS and you would have the opposite opinion. I don't understand how people encourage burning down buses.

BURN BABY BURN, Hey Its a Burnt MAXI PAD, Good, And Good they got the dumbass but he did a good job burning that Junk.

The TTC is currently considering rebuilding 1517 or scrapping it. But hearing from a TTC Mechanic on the CPTDB, scrapping is the likely choice.

took a look at it today, parked relatively out of sight in hillcrest.

the engine, generator, pcs, traction motor and batteries all survived unscathed- i'd say that's just over half the value of the bus right there.

if the total repair estimate comes in below $700 000 or so, they may very well fix it.

they'd have to do the interior and wiring harnesses all over again, but it's not impossible.

Looks like 1517 will get repaired.

• 5 months later...
took a look at it today, parked relatively out of sight in hillcrest.

the engine, generator, pcs, traction motor and batteries all survived unscathed- i'd say that's just over half the value of the bus right there.

if the total repair estimate comes in below $700 000 or so, they may very well fix it.

they'd have to do the interior and wiring harnesses all over again, but it's not impossible.

Looks like 1517 will get repaired.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new 1517?

Ummm....ok? I didn't realize a bus was something a woman puts up there.....You learn something new every day.

And if someone burned an R32, you'd probably be pissed off as hell, probably wanting to kill the person yourself.

LOL? How is that an LOL? You wouldn't be saying that if it were YOUR bus, and YOU had to pay to repair it.

On the 2nd of September a TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Blue Night Bus was set on fire by some drunk guy.

Well it just amazes me, the level of douchebaggery of some people. I say put him in jail and make him pay the bill to fix it.

Archived