The "T" train?!?

Sands Street

Morning all...

As you can see, my avatar is for the "T" train. It's done up in "Train-to-the-Plane" (I can still hear the commerical in my head!) blue. I was born, raised, and still live here and can't in the last thirty odd years remember there ever being a "T" train. Did such a line ever exist, or is my "T" just an added avatar option? :(

Morning all...

As you can see, my avatar is for the "T" train. It's done up in "Train-to-the-Plane" (I can still hear the commerical in my head!) blue. I was born, raised, and still live here and can't in the last thirty odd years remember there ever being a "T" train. Did such a line ever exist, or is my "T" just an added avatar option? :(

(T) was used as the BMT West End Line being it was BMT 3. The (T) avatar your using is the proposed 2nd Avenue Line from 125th Street to Hanover Square!

The "T" was the West End express which ran during rush hours from Astoria to Brooklyn via Broadway Express and 4th Ave Express. It bypassed DeKalb and ended when the Chrystie connection opened. There was also a "TT" West End local at that time which ran from Chambers St via Nassau/Montague and 4th Ave local to Bay Parkway. It ended its service at the same time and for the same reason.

Due to Chrystie Street opening on Sunday November 26, 1967, the (T) was a short lived but good Broadway express.

The (T)'s hours might seem a bit odd by today's standards:

Weekdays the (T) ran 6am to 10am and 4pm to 8pm from Ditmars Boulevard to Coney Island via the West End.

Saturdays the (T) ran 6am to 8pm from 57th Street to Coney Island via the West End.

The (T)'s sister train was the (TT) which ran to Chambers Street.

When Chrystie Street opened, the West End was connected to the Sixth Avenue express. The (T) became the (:( and for a short time, the (TT) became a shuttle, running to 36th Street when the (:) didn't run.

Both the (T) and (TT) used R32 Brightliners.

Broadway service was the 70(N) 70(QB) (QT) 70(RR) and (T).

Post Chrystie Street: 70(EE) 70(N) 70(QB) 70(RR)

Don't expect to see a (T) line anytime before 2030.

Aye I hope it does come in, Cuz otherwise we would be in a big problem here, Similar to the 70s. We should of BEEN had the SAS..

just wondering, if the didnt built the rest of the SAS under 63rd st would that still be a problem for Lex line? I thought it was only around Central Park toward the east?

Archived