Bx12 cool thing

lirim

When I came home from pennsylvannia, i was on fordham road and sedgwick avenue and then i saw a bx12 that was coming into service and the sign said "Bx12 +select bus service+" "Bx12 pelham bay station"

and it was a regular bus that went to sedgwick avenue :tup::tup:

Im confused, u mean it turned from Local tp +SBS? Or when the bus starteded the Front LED said Bx12 +Select Bus Service?

I think thats been there thoLike the back LED Bx12 | +SELECT (Or +Select Bus) i forgot.

it was local to sedgwick then it went to pelham bay as sbs on back it said sbs and on front it said select bus service pelham bay station bx12

I'm also confused...

....an SBS Bx12 w/ an incorrect destination that only went to sedgwick?

that's how I interpreted that post

it wasnt sbs it was regular to sedgwick THEN it went to pelham bay, its destination sign said select bus service to pelham bay

it was local to sedgwick then it went to pelham bay as sbs on back it said sbs and on front it said select bus service pelham bay station bx12

it wasnt sbs it was regular to sedgwick THEN it went to pelham bay, its destination sign said select bus service to pelham bay

so was the physical bus, an artic w/o the paint job, or was it an artic w/ the paint job that all the sbs buses have?

I'm still trying to figure out what you're describing as being cool.....

so was it an artic w/o the paint job, or was it an artic w/ the paint job that all the sbs buses have?

I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to describe as being cool.....

with out the paint job but it wasnt a artic it was a new flyer

That is cool, it must've been from West Farms.

Why would it have been from WF? KB is more likely but even still if I'm interpreting this properly: A Bx12 local went OOS at Sedgwick Ave (which is common) and came back in service with the SBS designation to Pelham Bay. Now what possibly happened is that the dispatcher at University told the B/o on the local to fill in for a missing SBS run. Or the B/o put in the wrong designation.

This doesnt sound too far-fetched to me. The Bx12 during the summer weekends is a split depot route (KB and GH) with as few as 2 min headways to provide Orchard service. Some of the locals even run through to Inwood during the day. However The SBS 12 still runs on its normal schedule because it doesnt really go to Orchard,and its a seperate route from the local 12.

Last I checked the Bx12 and SBS 12 dont interline (SBS 12 becomes Local 12 and vice versa) but on them summer weekends, that Bx12 line looks like a bus version of the (4)(5)(6) so anything can happen

Why would it have been from WF? KB is more likely but even still if I'm interpreting this properly: A Bx12 local went OOS at Sedgwick Ave (which is common) and came back in service with the SBS designation to Pelham Bay. Now what possibly happened is that the dispatcher at University told the B/o on the local to fill in for a missing SBS run. Or the B/o put in the wrong designation.

He/She said it was a C40LF so I assumed West Farms because they have CNG buses.

Impossible. The C40LF only comes from Gleason. If its a New Flyer, the only ones they have up in the Bronx is the D60HF, or the "articulated", "double bus", or most commonly referred to the "artic".

He/She said it was a New Flyer but it wasn't an artic so I asked was it a C40LF and they said yes.

He/She said it was a C40LF so I assumed West Farms because they have CNG buses.

He/She said it was a New Flyer but it wasn't an artic so I asked was it a C40LF and they said yes.

It had to be an Artic, as the C40LF have never run in the Bronx and it wouldn't show up on a GH route as theres no fueling station. There are no WF routes (meaning CNG buses) that terminate in a place where a dispatcher could throw a bus on the Bx12 to cover a run.

They don't interline generally but if a bus dropped out of SBS service the dispatcher could have thrown a local into SBS service (esp if the B/o was on his way back to GH)

Archived