The (E) Train

EE Broadway Local

Despite being underground, the (E) is a good train.

The (E) runs express in Queens (except late nights). Serves Penn Station, PABT, Roosevelt Avenue/74th Street and LIRR Jamaica and AirTrain. Connects with PATH at WTC and at West Fourth Street-Washington Square is convient to PATH's Ninth Street station. Also serves Canal Street-Holland Tunnel.

The (E) serves neighborhoods/areas like Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Midtown (along 53d Street), Long Island City, Rego Park, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens and Jamaica.

The (E) has served Brooklyn three times. At its' peak, the 70(E) ran about thirty-five miles from Jamaica-179th Street to Beach 116th Street-Rockaway Park.

The (E) serves three of my favorite IND. stations: Union Turnpike-Kew Gardens, Canal Street-Holland Tunnel and late nights, 67th Avenue.

In 1976, the (E) received its' present southern terminal and in 1988 its' present northern terminal. The (E) still has special rush hour trains to Jamaica-179th Street, though.

Overall, I would say the (E) is a good train.

Despite being underground, the (E) is a good train.

The (E) runs express in Queens (except late nights). Serves Penn Station, PABT, Roosevelt Avenue/74th Street and LIRR Jamaica and AirTrain. Connects with PATH at WTC and at West Fourth Street-Washington Square is convient to PATH's Ninth Street station. Also serves Canal Street-Holland Tunnel.

The (E) serves neighborhoods/areas like Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Midtown (along 53d Street), Long Island City, Rego Park, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens and Jamaica.

The (E) has served Brooklyn three times. At its' peak, the 70(E) ran about thirty-five miles from Jamaica-179th Street to Beach 116th Street-Rockaway Park.

The (E) serves three of my favorite IND. stations: Union Turnpike-Kew Gardens, Canal Street-Holland Tunnel and late nights, 67th Avenue.

In 1976, the (E) received its' present southern terminal and in 1988 its' present northern terminal. The (E) still has special rush hour trains to Jamaica-179th Street, though.

Overall, I would say the (E) is a good train.

8 out of 10 homeless subway system residents agree!

Because it has pocket terminal tracks with no relays, once they set up on the (E), they're good to go! I'd have to vote it's gotta be one of the most ridden lines in the B divl by the working ridership too..

I Loved the (E) Line when it was 100% R32's but Those Damn people in Springfeild (Rich-wanna be) Garden people complained the most about the R32's, And now the (E) is 100% R160 Junk,

But in overall The (E) is one of the Most Reliable lines in the system with R32's.

All I know is that I'm not taking the E train to 34th St/Penn Station anymore. I'd much rather take the F that comes less often and walk 2 blocks. I'm devastated by its GOs and train problems altogether. The only good thing about the E is that my favorite bench seaters, the R160As had replaced those junk heaps and are gradually improving the line.

8 out of 10 homeless subway system residents agree!

Because it has pocket terminal tracks with no relays, once they set up on the (E), they're good to go! I'd have to vote it's gotta be one of the most ridden lines in the B divl by the working ridership too..

lmao... hahaha. For better or worse, I ride the (E) more than any other train, I can't stand it during peak times, but that's just due to crushed ride and "train traffic ahead" as the R160's voice tells me, while the FIND says we're in the wrong borough, going the wrong way. :cool:

How long was the R40/42 on the (E)? It only seemed like a few months at most before the R160s poured in. I felt like the (E) and (J)/(Z) had played a hand of cards, and the (E) lost the bet.

How long was the R40/42 on the (E)? It only seemed like a few months at most before the R160s poured in. I felt like the (E) and (J)/(Z) had played a hand of cards, and the (E) lost the bet.

Early August 2008 (I'd say around August 5-7th) - June 30th, 2009

Some R42's were on the (E) during the 3rd Monday of July but they were removed later on.

I use the (E) and (F) going to and from work and I prefer the (F), there are less stops from the last stop in manhattan to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Ave on the (F) than the (E).

If you're counting from Lexington Avenue, the (E) stops at 23d Street-Ely Avenue while the (F) stops at Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge.

I apologize if you're speaking about late nights when the (E) makes all stops between 23d Street-Ely Avenue and Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue. Then the (F) does make less stops than the (E).

see I'm kinda torn between the (F) and (E) right now. I used to LOOOOOOVE the (E) and not just cuz of the 32s. There was some serious reliability. It never screwed me over like the (F). But I've said it before the 160s seem smaller on the interior than the 32s. Less seating and lately the QB Exp has become a nightmare to ride on. I'll actually wait for a (V) at 51st if I have to go that direction. I never go past 71st Avenue anyway.

I've avoided this train due to the many times its been absent at WTC due to construction and the massive delays it seems to have going through the 53rd St tunnel as well as Queens Blvd. The (R)(V) and even the (7) have done me better than this. I realize the construction is needed and I'm pretty sure when its done the (E) will shine again. But right now its just an inconvenience for me and considering how long it takes me to get to Forest Hills from my location I really don't need added inconvenience.

Less seating and lately the QB Exp has become a nightmare to ride on. I'll actually wait for a (V) at 51st if I have to go that direction. I never go past 71st Avenue anyway.

my point exactly. I'd rather take my time going back out to 71st on the (V) in the afternoon where I can get a seat, or at least some standing room. I mean, QBL is always packed, but it seems like now more than ever.

also the reason I speak of the (E)/(V) and not the (F) is because I get on at 23rd/Ely a lot of the time. The (F) seems to be a bit more less crushed for an Express line under QB, or maybe the grass just looks greener, lol.

Archived