Orion 7 NG new seating?

mark1447

I remember when I first rode the O7 in 2008, I was on the M16 bus and it had new seats similar to the LIB, more like a new design[Like Coach] compared to the bucket based ones today...

Why doesnt MTA NYCT/MaBSTOA get those type of seats, its not fair that the other Regional buses get better seating.. Even the Bee-Line buses have a similar structure of the sears but different a bit.

Just me (2) cents btw

I remember when I first rode the O7 in 2008, I was on the M16 bus and it had new seats similar to the LIB, more like a new design[Like Coach] compared to the bucket based ones today...

Why doesnt MTA NYCT/MaBSTOA get those type of seats, its not fair that the other Regional buses get better seating.. Even the Bee-Line buses have a similar structure of the sears but different a bit.

Just me (2) cents btw

Oh, Hell No, I hope not!!!

Just me (2) cents btw

They want more standing room and fears the seats might be all cut up? But one thing I wished was for the back section to have all foward facing seats than to have the side facing seats.

That's why I was so happy when Far rockaway was getting Spring Creek's hybrids mainly for the forward facing seats.

Oh, Hell No, I hope not!!!

ROFL!! WHY? :(

They want more standing room and fears the seats might be all cut up? But one thing I wished was for the back section to have all foward facing seats than to have the side facing seats.

That's why I was so happy when Far rockaway was getting Spring Creek's hybrids mainly for the forward facing seats.

Well if its for cut up, then they should then change the color style of the inside of the bus carpeting.. I hate the same Blue! So boring its been in the buses for years.. When i get on Bx12 +SBS it looks so much better. Even the Orion 5 CNG has that style..

As for standing room, you can still have more standing room just keep the seats the same size as the bucket version. Like LIB O7 CNG NG

Well if its for cut up, then they should then change the color style of the inside of the bus carpeting.. I hate the same Blue! So boring its been in the buses for years.. When i get on Bx12 +SBS it looks so much better. Even the Orion 5 CNG has that style..

As for standing room, you can still have more standing room just keep the seats the same size as the bucket version. Like LIB O7 CNG NG

Yeah true, I wouldn't mind if the color was grey like the former CP O5 seats. Those were pretty nice. True enough. IMO, they should've made the back section all 2x2 seating since no one seems to want to stand back there [and the NG's handle bar is higher up to reach for. They really should've lowered the bar.]

Yeah true, I wouldn't mind if the color was grey like the former CP O5 seats. Those were pretty nice. True enough. IMO, they should've made the back section all 2x2 seating since no one seems to want to stand back there [and the NG's handle bar is higher up to reach for. They really should've lowered the bar.]

But wouldn't the back be less room? Cuz many Orion 7 HEV/NGs have it all in a row on each side.. Which makes more room..

Its sad that the DL fleet the successor of the Orion 7 cant even have new styles of seat!

But wouldn't the back be less room? Cuz many Orion 7 HEV/NGs have it all in a row on each side.. Which makes more room..

Its sad that the DL fleet the successor of the Orion 7 cant even have new styles of seat!

Well given how it seems no one wants to stand in the back, they may as well make it more seater friendly. At least the older O7's and C40Lf's had that configuration right. Even LIB has the forward facing seats. That's why I think they really should have this configuration for the NG's.

Well given how it seems no one wants to stand in the back, they may as well make it more seater friendly. At least the older O7's and C40Lf's had that configuration right. Even LIB has the forward facing seats. That's why I think they really should have this configuration for the NG's.

I guess u do have a point, tho I fotgot doesn't the NGs have something like that for some buses?

And if people loves to sit maybe the whole system should go Artic, tho it may look boring and cost too much, i dunno.

I guess u do have a point, tho I fotgot doesn't the NGs have something like that for some buses?

And if people loves to sit maybe the whole system should go Artic, tho it may look boring and cost too much, i dunno.

Nah, no need for artics. I'm just saying if they want the back section to be filled up so more people can fit at the front, make the back have more seats and you can at least draw away people that would otherwise be crammed in the front be in the back.

On the B41, I almost always head for the back of the bus if I know it is going to be crowded and usually the back is empty. The only time I stay at the front is if there are seats and the bus isn't so crowded.

Nah, no need for artics. I'm just saying if they want the back section to be filled up so more people can fit at the front, make the back have more seats and you can at least draw away people that would otherwise be crammed in the front be in the back.

On the B41, I almost always head for the back of the bus if I know it is going to be crowded and usually the back is empty. The only time I stay at the front is if there are seats and the bus isn't so crowded.

Often drivers in the AM rush with VII CNG's make you pay your fare, exit the bus, enter the back doors and walk up the steps.

Often drivers in the AM rush with VII CNG's make you pay your fare, exit the bus, enter the back doors and walk up the steps.

Interesting.

Some of the times i've seen some farebeaters just enter from the back and try to blend in with the crowd than to try to go back to the front and pay the fare. This one time would've pissed me off more if it was on a limited, but it was from Av I to Nostrand-FB Junction. But still, this is why there really needs to be cameras on the buses.

Interesting.

Some of the times i've seen some farebeaters just enter from the back and try to blend in with the crowd than to try to go back to the front and pay the fare. This one time would've pissed me off more if it was on a limited, but it was from Av I to Nostrand-FB Junction. But still, this is why there really needs to be cameras on the buses.

The company that made those cameras for buses (some RTS and Bx12 SBS Artics) went out of business, and if the camera breaks, no one is there to fix it, they're used for intimidating purposes basically. Only 1/4 of them still work.

The company that made those cameras for buses (some RTS and Bx12 SBS Artics) went out of business, and if the camera breaks, no one is there to fix it, they're used for intimidating purposes basically. Only 1/4 of them still work.

That's a shame. That's the best use for the cameras to capture the faces of the farebeaters and vandals. I hope they can find another company to make them.

Archived