(1) Ends at 137/14th/Chambers (2)(3) via Lcl|Switch Problems at SF

mark1447

Posted on:9/7/2009 2:42:16 PM

Due to switch problems at the South Ferry Station:

There is no (1) train service between the Chambers Street Station and the South Ferry Station in both directions.

Selected South Ferry-bound (1) trains will terminate at either the 137th Street-City College Station, the 14th Street Station or the Chambers Street Station.

Selected South Ferry-bound (1) trains will run express from the Times Square-42nd Street Station to the 14th Street Station.

Selected Wakefield-bound (2) trains are running local from the Chambers Street Station to the 96th Street Station.

Brooklyn College-bound (2) and New Lots Avenue-bound (3) trains are running local from the Times Square-42nd Street Station to the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays in (1), (2) and (3) train service at this time.

Man a whole Switch problem can lead to this? Why not just let the (1) go to Brooklyn's Utica Station or Loop at SF? Unless the switch problem is south of rector where the Split of Loop SF and NSF is at? If its not and its the switch north of NSF then I would end at Rector and Loop..

Posted on:9/7/2009 2:42:16 PM

Due to switch problems at the South Ferry Station:

There is no (1) train service between the Chambers Street Station and the South Ferry Station in both directions.

Selected South Ferry-bound (1) trains will terminate at either the 137th Street-City College Station, the 14th Street Station or the Chambers Street Station.

Selected South Ferry-bound (1) trains will run express from the Times Square-42nd Street Station to the 14th Street Station.

Selected Wakefield-bound (2) trains are running local from the Chambers Street Station to the 96th Street Station.

Brooklyn College-bound (2) and New Lots Avenue-bound (3) trains are running local from the Times Square-42nd Street Station to the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays in (1), (2) and (3) train service at this time.

Man a whole Switch problem can lead to this? Why not just let the (1) go to Brooklyn's Utica Station or Loop at SF? Unless the switch problem is south of rector where the Split of Loop SF and NSF is at? If its not and its the switch north of NSF then I would end at Rector and Loop..

Sending the (1) to Utica would be bad today because (4)s are going via Eastern Pkwy Local because of the Parade. Which means that local track would be over-congested and (3)s to New Lots would be extremely delayed. And if it is sent via the Express after Nevins, then delays start happening at Nevins St because you're crossing trains in front of each other. The Loop station, I think it would take too much to get it back to revenue active status right now. But, who knows. It might be worth it if this persists.

Sending the (1) to Utica would be bad today because (4)s are going via Eastern Pkwy Local because of the Parade. Which means that local track would be over-congested and (3)s to New Lots would be extremely delayed. And if it is sent via the Express after Nevins, then delays start happening at Nevins St because you're crossing trains in front of each other. The Loop station, I think it would take too much to get it back to revenue active status right now. But, who knows. It might be worth it if this persists.

I didnt mean open up loop i mean have trains loop around, After Rector st, next would be Bronx bound rector st side.

As for the (4) via Local wouldnt there still be a delay for the (2)(3)?

Heres an Update:

Posted on:9/7/2009 3:36:39 PM

FREE Shuttle Bus service will operate between the Chambers Street Station and the South Ferry Station in both directions.

This G/O must be bad then, since now (S)buses will replaces this line?! Luckly this is Labor Day and NOT a regular weekday service, cuz then this would be a a bad day for rh!

I didnt mean open up loop i mean have trains loop around, After Rector st, next would be Bronx bound rector st side.

As for the (4) via Local wouldnt there still be a delay for the (2)(3)?

Well, the signal problem could be at the separation between new and old SF.

Archived