Strip Signs for R44 to R68A? [IND/BMT]

mark1447

Why cant the (MTA) add route strip signs to the isles of these cars, similar to the R62/A?

I mean if the (MTA) can spend money making a new (7) line version of it[Which is white], they could at least put some money to add it to lines serving the R44, R46, R68 and R68A... (Maybe not the R44s as they will retiree soon)

Unless the reason is cuz these cars get swapped with other lines such as R68A (Q) using (B) cars during weekends or something...

Why cant the (MTA) add route strip signs to the isles of these cars, similar to the R62/A?

I mean if the (MTA) can spend money making a new (7) line version of it[Which is white], they could at least put some money to add it to lines serving the R44, R46, R68 and R68A... (Maybe not the R44s as they will retiree soon)

Unless the reason is cuz these cars get swapped with other lines such as R68A (Q) using (B) cars during weekends or something...

That was the reasoning. But, they could add them to Concourse's R68s, since they pretty much run on the (D). Not so much to Jamaica's R46s, because that's on the (F), (G), (R), and (V), and we'd have 180th's R142 syndrome over there.

That was the reasoning. But, they could add them to Concourse's R68s, since they pretty much run on the (D). Not so much to Jamaica's R46s, because that's on the (F), (G), (R), and (V), and we'd have 180th's R142 syndrome over there.

Confused about the R142 ones..

And yeah have it on the (D) at leats and maybe the (A) since it doesnt swap except the (S) Rockaway..

I remember the R36s on the (7) line had one before too, tho above the storm doors lol

And yeah have it on the (D) at leats and maybe the (A) since it doesnt swap except the (S) Rockaway..

I remember the R36s on the (7) line had one before too, tho above the storm doors lol

I mean that the R142s get switched around a lot, as do the R46s from day to day. The R44s would be good, maybe they can have a little blurb about the Rockaway Park (S) unless it won't fit (which it probably won't because the (A) is so long).

I mean that the R142s get switched around a lot, as do the R46s from day to day. The R44s would be good, maybe they can have a little blurb about the Rockaway Park (S) unless it won't fit (which it probably won't because the (A) is so long).

I bet it would fit on the R44/46s. Tho since the (A) makes Local stops after 11PM then i dunno..

Would it ever be possible to use Strip maps like the NTT? Tho i now thats not possible...

Granted the 2/5 swaps often, they still do share northern and southern terminals. So it can still be possible to use the strip maps. Plus there can be the odd times the 5 runs on the West side and the 2 on the East side. Though I'm not sure if the strip map is lit up when that happens.

Granted the 2/5 swaps often, they still do share northern and southern terminals. So it can still be possible to use the strip maps. Plus there can be the odd times the 5 runs on the West side and the 2 on the East side. Though I'm not sure if the strip map is lit up when that happens.

When (2)(5) is swapped ether on Lex or 7th Ave, the Strips are marked not in use... And yes they also swap cars in the northern terminals tho via Yard same for flatbush.

I was really surprised that the R62-R68A never got flipdots or LCD side signs. The R32-R46 fleets were rebuilt around the same time that the R62-R68A were ordered and the R32/R38 received flipdots in place of bullets, while the R44/R46 got LCD in place of rollsigns. If anything were to be replaced, it should be these two components. As for route strips, maybe they are too advanced in terms of circuitry and weren't introduced until the R142s hit the rails. Not to mention, the R110A/B never had route strips.

Strip maps on the R44 would be a good idea since the (A) or (S) (Rockaway Park) only use them, I'm not sure about the R46, R68 and R68A though.

R46 is used by the (A)(F)(G)(R) and (V). The (F)(G)(R)(V) often switch their cars.

I think the Concourse R68s on the (D) should get some strip maps since 2500-2724 mostly appear on the (D) and not the (B). Any higher numbered R68 wouldn't be a good idea (with the exception of the cars used on the (S) Franklin Avenue Shuttle)

R68As having a sticker map wouldn't be a good idea since the (B) and (Q) switch those cars.

That's just my opinion.

Strip maps for the (A) and (D) would make sense to me in this case.

When (2)(5) is swapped ether on Lex or 7th Ave, the Strips are marked not in use... And yes they also swap cars in the northern terminals tho via Yard same for flatbush.

Oh ok then. But one time i did see the strip map lit on a 2 train running with a strip map for the 5. It started from Flatbush and after Franklin, the lights were obviously lit up for the wrong stations, but I think eventually they were turned off when the train arrived in Manhattan. It's been over a year that I last saw it so my memory of it is not as fresh.

I was really surprised that the R62-R68A never got flipdots or LCD side signs. The R32-R46 fleets were rebuilt around the same time that the R62-R68A were ordered and the R32/R38 received flipdots in place of bullets, while the R44/R46 got LCD in place of rollsigns. If anything were to be replaced, it should be these two components. As for route strips, maybe they are too advanced in terms of circuitry and weren't introduced until the R142s hit the rails. Not to mention, the R110A/B never had route strips.

He's talking about the paper maps on the older cars, not the strip signs with the LED lights on them on the R142s and R143s. They won't work on any line except for the (D). They won't work on the (A) either because the (C) will be using those cars eventually.

He's talking about the paper maps on the older cars, not the strip signs with the LED lights on them on the R142s and R143s. They won't work on any line except for the (D). They won't work on the (A) either because the (C) will be using those cars eventually.

That would be one very long strip map if it were to show every stop the A makes late at night. The only way they can have a paper map on the R46's would be to have both the A/C lines displayed. Much like the way the 7/<7> is.

Archived