What will happen to the D45 Vikings when?

dmouse

Seeing that they're near retirement,

what's going to happen to them? They're are only 4 in exsistance, 1 in texas and 996-998. I'm guessing one will stay as a museum piece?

Do you think (MTA) will keep them in service longer than the average 12 years?

Then they might as well save all three.

Perhaps, but where would they store it? It would be nice if there was a place that can house all the buses.

I still say they should convert one of the aircraft hangers at Floyd Bennett Field into a bus museum. That way there would be enough space to house all the buses and they wouldn't have to 'go far' for the MTA Bus roadeos. And then the public can at least see the buses more than just 4 days a year. [And the vintage bus runs in December, provided they still have the money and 'justification' to run them this year.]

Nah, just keep them all working. Why bother with the static display? I don't see the point.

Parts, plus you want one that sits in a museum vs roll around. You can't keep these guys rolling forever, might as well have one that doesn't need upkeep.

- A

Nah, just keep them all working. Why bother with the static display? I don't see the point.

As it is there is no display because they are all spread out at their respective depots. A static display is better than nothing. Of course I don't mind if they ran a few for special events like the MTA Bus Roadeo or the Holiday Vintage bus runs.

As it is there is no display because they are all spread out at their respective depots. A static display is better than nothing. Of course I don't mind if they ran a few for special events like the MTA Bus Roadeo or the Holiday Vintage bus runs.

They're only at one depot, since we're talking about the Vikings here. You're still keeping all three anyways, if you have one static, one working, and one for parts.

I only seen that bus once and I regret that day cuz that's the day my camera broke :P. But don't they only run on the X51 anyway? Plus since its only 3 buses, why not keep all 3 at Stengel? I'm sure they have room for them. If not send 2 to other depots and split them up.

Archived