Back to School... Your Thoughts

mark1447

LOL and college isn't?

depends on what college ya go to from what I've seen. but comparing college to high school im definitely enjoying college more even though i hate school as a whole. I definitely see the difference in my classmates now from the ones i had in high school. High School had way more of a "have to fit in" sort of feel. I feel like I'm going to school with people who know whats going on outside the classroom.

Eh I wouldn't compare it to High School really. I personally thought High School was an absolute waste of my time. I'd have preferred being home schooled than dealing with the crap I had to go through with that. What I like about college is the diverse group of people you get to meet socially within your own class and the professors are vastly more interesting. High School was one big popularity contest.

People need basic skills in reading and math. However, learning about Plato or Descartes does not prepare you for the real world. I wish schools taught more vocational and career-oriented courses and less of these fantasy courses.

People need basic skills in reading and math. However, learning about Plato or Descartes does not prepare you for the real world. I wish schools taught more vocational and career-oriented courses and less of these fantasy courses.

Example at a job interview:

Oh, I don't know how to operate heavy machinery BUT I DO know all about the 18th Century.

Now what would an employer say?

Personally I think shop class and woodworking should be required in every high school in the country.

I also think kids in college should be required to work jobs for the school for work-study during their time there, for 10-15 hours a week...and those jobs should NOT all be as "lab assistants" or answering phones. Heck I worked at the ice rink when I was in school...

What interesting names for classes they have these days. Do they still have classes like English 7 and Arithmetic 7 and not New York State Studies today and do students still get reprimanded for going up the down staircase (or vice versa)?

65% was passing.

Yeah :P I'm taking English 7 ;)

Archived