Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R10 2952

So what's been going on with the subways?

Hey guys, I finally returned from my trip to Poland on September 4th. I am already looking at some threads here and there, but I can't possibly go through all of them at once. Could somebody give me a 'crash course' on changes/events related to the NYC subway in general that have occured since July 8th, 2009?

p.s. I intend on posting my transit pictures from Poland on the 'World Transit Systems' forum later today.

Hey guys, I finally returned from my trip to Poland on September 4th. I am already looking at some threads here and there, but I can't possibly go through all of them at once. Could somebody give me a 'crash course' on changes/events related to the NYC subway in general that have occured since July 8th, 2009?

p.s. I intend on posting my transit pictures from Poland on the 'World Transit Systems' forum later today.

Basically this: more R160's delivered, more SMEE's retired (only R32's and R42's remain). and Random GO's that have to do with the painfully slow modernization programs and weekly track maintanance.

also, a number of mishaps on the 7th ave line (1)(2)(3) which include out of control taxi into station entrance, and roof collapse at 181st street.

but other than that, i don't think you missed much.;)

B Division apparently has restored the names B.M.T., IND. and B.M.T./IND. replacing B-1 and B-2.

The R32 Brightliners are still rolling along - primarily on the (C) but some are still on the (A) and some on the (V).

181st Street (1) reopened.