Mechanical failure this morning

Harry

Wow. 30-45 minute delay. Crazy... Were the Uptown N and Q's rerouted via Broadway local as a result to this ?

Yes I watched in anger as train after train (N, R, Q & W) passed us by on the local. If only we were stopped earlier before the cross-over to the local.

Yes I watched in anger as train after train (N, R, Q & W) passed us by on the local. If only we were stopped earlier before the cross-over to the local.

True, if they only Radio-ed your train at Canal St, you wouldn't have been stuck. Yellow over Yellow signal approach ( if im wrong please correct me Transit guys :( ) would have been set, cross over South of Prince to run Local

True, if they only Radio-ed your train at Canal St, you wouldn't have been stuck. Yellow over Yellow signal approach ( if im wrong please correct me Transit guys :( ) would have been set, cross over South of Prince to run Local

Yep Two Yellows will get you from A4 to A2 track south of Prince..

I wish it could be that easy sometimes Control dont get the message right away and you have to transmit two or three times.

By then you can have a train or two over that switch..

When i was in the A div as SOON as i Left Union Square going Northbound i was hearing a train Calling Control that was BIE just North of Grand Central..

What made me grumble is the train still had a car over the Switch north of the Station so mines and 5 other Express trains behind me was stuck..

Oh yes by the way it was the Eve Rush.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

Lets there was a permanent break down by the train in front of yours. Can the train ever be backed up enough to use the crossover? Or is it better to just evacuate passengers through the tunnels?

Im being "real" with this response now..

A "Permanet Breakdown" means the train is on fire and there is bad damage and power is off..

Then passengers will be evacuated into another train along side of it or the train will move up realll close to the following train and move the passengers up to the station.

Having passengers walking those tunnels is a last resort.

That train NEVER gets backed up never, now you can change ends and wrong rail it to the last station or another train behind it, then have them go through the cars to the last station.

Other than that the train can and will be moved even if Car Equipment has to come and jack the train up on stilts to fixed it..

Which happened to a Qunicy Train at Prospect Park Last year if im correct, of coruse there was no Brighton Service for a long while..

The train had a runaway Motor which damaged the rails and melted the wheels..

Im being "real" with this response now..

A "Permanet Breakdown" means the train is on fire and there is bad damage and power is off..

Then passengers will be evacuated into another train along side of it or the train will move up realll close to the following train and move the passengers up to the station.

Having passengers walking those tunnels is a last resort.

That train NEVER gets backed up never, now you can change ends and wrong rail it to the last station or another train behind it, then have them go through the cars to the last station.

Other than that the train can and will be moved even if Car Equipment has to come and jack the train up on stilts to fixed it..

Which happened to a Qunicy Train at Prospect Park Last year if im correct, of coruse there was no Brighton Service for a long while..

The train had a runaway Motor which damaged the rails and melted the wheels..

Thank god it wasn't anything like what you stated above. I would have been 3 hours late.

Perhaps your train went BIE Harry?

Happened to me last summer on the (D) while heading to Coney Island. Good thing I got off the train at 36th Street because the train went BIE once leaving 36th Street. The first and second cars were going over the switch. The next (D) wasn't able to come into the station. But then it crossed over to 4th Ave Local into 36th Street and all (D) had to run down 4th Ave Local after 36th Street but making no stops until 59th Street and continued on from there on Sea Beach line. (D)s had to run down Sea Beach for almost a good hour.

Perhaps your train went BIE Harry?

Happened to me last summer on the (D) while heading to Coney Island. Good thing I got off the train at 36th Street because the train went BIE once leaving 36th Street. The first and second cars were going over the switch. The next (D) wasn't able to come into the station. But then it crossed over to 4th Ave Local into 36th Street and all (D) had to run down 4th Ave Local after 36th Street but making no stops until 59th Street and continued on from there on Sea Beach line. (D)s had to run down Sea Beach for almost a good hour.

Yes that's exactly what happened to the train in front of us not my train.

Yes that's exactly what happened to the train in front of us not my train.

Aw man, that sucks so bad. Hopefully you had something to read or an MP3 player because sometimes it takes quite a while to get that train movin' again.

You'll see alot less of something like that on the Brighton line around this time of year because now you'll have trains just slippy down the line with the C/R saying something like this, "This stop Sheepshead Bay, oops. Neck Road would be next. Never mind, Avenue U actually. Oopsies again. Kings Hwy we'll stop hopefully. Yup, this is Kings Hwy. for Avenue U, Neck Road, and Sheepshead Bay, go to the other platform and take a Coney Island bound (Q) hoping that the train will actually stop at those stations. Next stop is hopefully Avenue M, please stand clear."

Aw man, that sucks so bad. Hopefully you had something to read or an MP3 player because sometimes it takes quite a while to get that train movin' again.

You'll see alot less of something like that on the Brighton line around this time of year because now you'll have trains just slippy down the line with the C/R saying something like this, "This stop Sheepshead Bay, oops. Neck Road would be next. Never mind, Avenue U actually. Oopsies again. Kings Hwy we'll stop hopefully. Yup, this is Kings Hwy. for Avenue U, Neck Road, and Sheepshead Bay, go to the other platform and take a Coney Island bound (Q) hoping that the train will actually stop at those stations. Next stop is hopefully Avenue M, please stand clear."

lol.

Kings Highway, Manhattan Bound B Express, next stop Church Av, we cannot stop at Newkirk Av, because the hill north of Av H will just add speed to this train. lol

There was a mechanical failure (as reported by the train crew) this morning on what was most likely

(Q) train under broadway stranding us for about 30-45 minutes between 8 street and 14th stations.

how did you know it was an R68a it could have been an R160 with some kind of mechanical failure R160s break down too.

how did you know it was an R68a it could have been an R160 with some kind of mechanical failure R160s break down too.

I didn't know what it was for sure but it had to be a (Q) train. On the Broadway express lines in the mornings the express trains usually run (99%) N, Q, N, Q or Q, N, Q, N which ever first.

The express rerouted over the locals went in the same sequence with the locals mixed in. I recorded the train crews announcements just in case. My boss didn't care anyway. He was in a suprisingly good mood this morning.

I was stuck on a Bravo , SB between Atlantic & 7th Av's for about 25 min. Police had to board the Quincy at 7th Av. Bravos and Quincies were sent via the Delta, and Nancy from DeKalb to Stillwell. ( it was like 915pm, so the Mikey had ended already), I was on the last scheduled Bravo from 145 to Brighton; boarded it At Wash Sq Pk-West 4th St. This took place on July 17 of this past Summer.

Well talking about getting stuck on trains a lot of unlucky riders where stuck on two N trains at Stillwell Ave for a Police investigation for about 25 Minutes. The Police order both train in the terminal to be locked down and stop and stay do to a perp wanted for a robbery at 86 St. However they didn't find him.

Archived