The (F) Train

Urbanfortitude

I'm glad that they F will remain half R46 after the R160 order is complete. The R46s are the most comfortable trains on the QBL and especially best on the express from Manhattan to Queens. As rocky as they are comparing the R160s, bucket seats will always favor me. It's definitely the best alternative to the 7 express from 42nd St to 74th St/Broadway. I would always wait for an F train through 63rd St instead of taking a first come sluggish E train.

I really miss the SMEEs on the (F). When I had to run errands for my mom, I often took the (Q) from Sheepshead Bay and then take the (F) at Coney Island, then rode it all the way to Jay Street and caught an (A) train to take me back home. R32s, R40Ms and R42s were the bomb on that line, idc what anyone says. No matter which one of those car classes I ended up on, the bumpy part from Fourth Avenue to Smith-Ninth Streets was and still is my favorite part of the (F) route.

The (F) is not only my home line, but my favorite route until it goes south of Church Ave. I think most will agree that the best section, atlest in Brooklyn is the Prospect Park Line. I really don't care what equipment runs on the line, but as a kid I loved the R32s because I could see out the window the whole way. Guess one of the cool parts of the line is how there are the express tracks that sit unused. It's the only place I can think of where express tracks are not used at all.

I wish the (F) was back at running on 53rd. Then it would be easier to catch a local at Queens Plaza to Elmhurst(I have no clue why I said that. I think I'm used to the Local side than express...and I didn't even go to Manhattan that often...).Either that or its just less crowded than if I catch a Local and Rossevelt. (Too crowded by my standards back then.)and R46 all the way for the (F). A lot comfortable because of the bucket seats.

The (F) is not only my home line, but my favorite route until it goes south of Church Ave. I think most will agree that the best section, atlest in Brooklyn is the Prospect Park Line. I really don't care what equipment runs on the line, but as a kid I loved the R32s because I could see out the window the whole way. Guess one of the cool parts of the line is how there are the express tracks that sit unused. It's the only place I can think of where express tracks are not used at all.

I've always been intrigued by that myself, and I would also add the Bergen St Lower Level to one of the interesting points of the (F) in Brooklyn. I'm glad I got a chance to ride through it a few years ago when there was a GO rerouting the (F) to the express tracks N/O 4 Av, with an R-32 nonetheless.

I've always been intrigued by that myself, and I would also add the Bergen St Lower Level to one of the interesting points of the (F) in Brooklyn. I'm glad I got a chance to ride through it a few years ago when there was a GO rerouting the (F) to the express tracks N/O 4 Av, with an R-32 nonetheless.

Bergen and 63/Lex make it an interesting line. Don't forget about the middle track (trackway since the tracks are gone) is also very cool.

LUCKY! :cool:

I was lucky when the R32s was on the (F). I stood at the RFW from 179th Street, Jamaica to Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island. Well of course my feet was hurting, but it was worth a try! The (F) is a very long line (which I like), and it's about 27.40 miles. A one long trip! The (F) line, of course, is the second longest line in the system, after the (A) (to Far Rockaway).

I've always been an (F) train fan. I like the fact that it is mixed with 2 of my favorite subway cars but in all honesty, I will always think of it as an R46 line. It's so spacious, and while I'm not a fan of bucket seats, those seats work for me. I love the ride from Jamaica-179th St - Coney Island. It's long but fun. The R32's on that line were great too. I think my last ride on the R32's on the (F) was on my birthday earlier this year. I had been looking to ride those cars on the (F) for a while so when that happened, I figured that God gave me a birthday present. LOL Just like the (E), the (F) can use any subway cars and it will still rock! :cool:

as a everyday rider of the (F) before the (V) the (F) had better service and has been sacrificed because of the (V) but since teh new gm took over the (F) has the best selection of cars with the 46s and 160s combo i love it the perfect mix now the (F) just needs more reliable service and it would be the perfect line

as a everyday rider of the (F) before the (V) the (F) had better service and has been sacrificed because of the (V) but since teh new gm took over the (F) has the best selection of cars with the 46s and 160s combo i love it the perfect mix now the (F) just needs more reliable service and it would be the perfect line

After all these years I still dislike the (F) via 63rd. At least they're building a real transfer at Broadway/Lafayette

After all these years I still dislike the (F) via 63rd. At least they're building a real transfer at Broadway/Lafayette

You could always take the R to 60th. That transfer is much easier and you can catch the 4/5 as well. The express in the rush hours is not much faster than the local as there's so many trains on the express and are always crowded.

Archived