Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Tinamarie

Is it true that the Z train is dead now?

I saw a (Z) train this morning for the first time in my life! I'm sure it was a (Z) train because it was an R160 or R160A and it said (Z) on the front and it said (Z) on the side plus it said Skip-Stop service. My friend says there are no more (Z) trains, but I know I saw one. I was inside the (M) train and I had no camera on me so I didn't get to take a picture.

The (Z) train is alive and well, although it was on the chopping block a few months ago due to the MTA's budget deficit. At least it's safe to say that there are no cuts projected for next year, let's see what 2011 will be like.

The (Z) is a life-saver. I don't live along the line but it saves riders 3-5 minutes to get to Manhattan, and that extra time does help out.

The (W) continues to run Ditmars Boulevard to Whitehall via Broadway Local weekdays 6am to 11pm, the (Z) continues to run Jamaica Center to Broad Street weekday rush hours and the (3) continues to run Harlem-148th Street to Times Square-42d Street late nights.

They hardly run the (Z), compared to other diamond and skip stop routes like <6><7>(9)

They do run the (Z), between the designated times (leaves Jamaica Center between 7:21 and 8:12, and leaves Broad Street between 4:35 and 5:45). (Z) trains operate every 10 minutes though.

They do run the (Z), between the designated times (leaves Jamaica Center between 7:21 and 8:12, and leaves Broad Street between 4:35 and 5:45). (Z) trains operate every 10 minutes though.

The last skip stop (J) train leaves Jamaica Center at 8:17 AM. Today I had to head to lower Manhattan. I sprinted to catch that train since I didn't want to take the local.

still its a very narrow window, <7> runs all the way into mid morning by way of comparison.
they must not like the route if they have it at short hour runs.:tdown::cry:(Z)

The last skip stop (J) train leaves Jamaica Center at 8:17 AM. Today I had to head to lower Manhattan. I sprinted to catch that train since I didn't want to take the local.

Each (J) comes every 10 mins and each (Z) comes every 10 mins. But when the (Z) runs, each one alternates and comes every 5 mins.

and the MTA wanted to dump J express service too!that would've been a painfull ride to ride the local J on weekdays...I sometimes wish they have J express service on the weekends.

I think this might be an issue (not the thread) beacuse some people like the (Z) skip-stop service, but others would rather eliminate it because it eliminates confusion of where the (J) and (Z) stop during rush hours. I think the (J) should make every stop and the (Z) should be express between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction during peak direction using the middle track and it would run local between B.J. and Jamaica Ctr.