Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Tinamarie

Question about the M train.

Ok I have a question about the (M) train.

I was on MTA.INFO and I have a question and I'm going to try my best NOT to make it confusing sounding:

Ok so from Flushing Avenue to Chambers Street, it runs Part-Time from 6am-7:30pm.

From 3:30pm to 11pm, the (M) train goes from Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Pkwy so after 7:30pm, does the Metropolitan bound trains skip all the stops between Chambers to Flushing Avenue and vice-versa? How does this work?

Ok I have a question about the (M) train.

I was on MTA.INFO and I have a question and I'm going to try my best NOT to make it confusing sounding:

Ok so from Flushing Avenue to Chambers Street, it runs Part-Time from 6am-7:30pm.

From 3:30pm to 11pm, the (M) train goes from Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Pkwy so after 7:30pm, does the Metropolitan bound trains skip all the stops between Chambers to Flushing Avenue and vice-versa? How does this work?

No, the (M) train never makes express stops. It's a complete local along the lines it serves. So, after 7:30 PM, all (M) trains make all stops between Broad St & Metropolitan. I think the part that confused you was the first one. Trains do run part time between Flushing & Chambers, but now they make those stops all day, from 6 AM to about 11 PM. Trains to Bay Parkway stop running at about 7:45-8 PM (not sure about that time). At that time, trains start turning at Broad St.

It doesn't. Here's the service pattern: weekday (M) trains operate between Metropolitan Avenue and Chambers Street. Rush hour service is extended from Chambers Street (6:30-9:30 a.m. and 3:30-8 p.m.). Evening service is extended to Chambers Street (8-midnight). Late night and weekend service is cut back to Myrtle Avenue. Hope this helps.

Ah ok thanks! I think the MTA.INFO site should update some of these things especially about what you said about the (M) train and about more midday service for the (5) train. I mean they updated the extra stops on the (G) so I don't see why they can't update the other stuff.

No, the (M) train never makes express stops. It's a complete local along the lines it serves. So, after 7:30 PM, all (M) trains make all stops between Broad St & Metropolitan. I think the part that confused you was the first one. Trains do run part time between Flushing & Chambers, but now they make those stops all day, from 6 AM to about 11 PM. Trains to Bay Parkway stop running at about 7:45-8 PM (not sure about that time). At that time, trains start turning at Broad St.

M service to Bay Parkway stops at around 7pm weekdays.

Possibly the best way to remember this is:

(M) Rush Hours: To Bay Parkway

(M) Middays: To Chambers Street

(M) Evenings: To Broad Street

(M) Late Nights And Weekends: To Myrtle Avenue (Connection to (J) for continuing service to Canal Street and Chambers Street).

Having four southern terminals based on day-part makes the (M) fun.