Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Question about the M train.

Tinamarie

Ok I have a question about the (M) train.

I was on MTA.INFO and I have a question and I'm going to try my best NOT to make it confusing sounding:

Ok so from Flushing Avenue to Chambers Street, it runs Part-Time from 6am-7:30pm.

From 3:30pm to 11pm, the (M) train goes from Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Pkwy so after 7:30pm, does the Metropolitan bound trains skip all the stops between Chambers to Flushing Avenue and vice-versa? How does this work?

Ok I have a question about the (M) train.

I was on MTA.INFO and I have a question and I'm going to try my best NOT to make it confusing sounding:

Ok so from Flushing Avenue to Chambers Street, it runs Part-Time from 6am-7:30pm.

From 3:30pm to 11pm, the (M) train goes from Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Pkwy so after 7:30pm, does the Metropolitan bound trains skip all the stops between Chambers to Flushing Avenue and vice-versa? How does this work?

No, the (M) train never makes express stops. It's a complete local along the lines it serves. So, after 7:30 PM, all (M) trains make all stops between Broad St & Metropolitan. I think the part that confused you was the first one. Trains do run part time between Flushing & Chambers, but now they make those stops all day, from 6 AM to about 11 PM. Trains to Bay Parkway stop running at about 7:45-8 PM (not sure about that time). At that time, trains start turning at Broad St.

It doesn't. Here's the service pattern: weekday (M) trains operate between Metropolitan Avenue and Chambers Street. Rush hour service is extended from Chambers Street (6:30-9:30 a.m. and 3:30-8 p.m.). Evening service is extended to Chambers Street (8-midnight). Late night and weekend service is cut back to Myrtle Avenue. Hope this helps.

Ah ok thanks! I think the MTA.INFO site should update some of these things especially about what you said about the (M) train and about more midday service for the (5) train. I mean they updated the extra stops on the (G) so I don't see why they can't update the other stuff.

No, the (M) train never makes express stops. It's a complete local along the lines it serves. So, after 7:30 PM, all (M) trains make all stops between Broad St & Metropolitan. I think the part that confused you was the first one. Trains do run part time between Flushing & Chambers, but now they make those stops all day, from 6 AM to about 11 PM. Trains to Bay Parkway stop running at about 7:45-8 PM (not sure about that time). At that time, trains start turning at Broad St.

M service to Bay Parkway stops at around 7pm weekdays.

Possibly the best way to remember this is:

(M) Rush Hours: To Bay Parkway

(M) Middays: To Chambers Street

(M) Evenings: To Broad Street

(M) Late Nights And Weekends: To Myrtle Avenue (Connection to (J) for continuing service to Canal Street and Chambers Street).

Having four southern terminals based on day-part makes the (M) fun.

Archived