New B division Assignments as of 9-14-09

Fan Railer

R160B1 = Alstom Propulsion

R160B2 = Siemens Propulsion

That's my guess. Anyway it seems accurate, the only mistake I see is that there are many more than 2 R46s on the (V) - at least 5-7 sounds more appropriate. Also, the (R) runs 1-2 R42s at all times - I got on one around 12:30 today from Roosevelt to Lexington Ave.

R160B1 = Alstom Propulsion

R160B2 = Siemens Propulsion

That's my guess. Anyway it seems accurate, the only mistake I see is that there are many more than 2 R46s on the (V) - at least 5-7 sounds more appropriate. Also, the (R) runs 1-2 R42s at all times - I got on one around 12:30 today from Roosevelt to Lexington Ave.

September 14, 2009 is the date. The 1-2 R42s will be off by then as more R160s will be on service.

Looks like come September 14, 2009, we will have the oldest cars on the (V). Eventually (F) will get more R160. (V) remains the vintage trains for a little while till they get back the R46's.

Finally (E)(F)(G)(R) are stabalized back to R46 or newer. (V) will see them off soon enough.

Yay! When I use the transit system it is either LIRR or (E) mostly. And occasionally the (F) because of its close proximity to Upper East side.

The other trains really just don't make much sense for me though but if I did have to get locally by train and couldn't walk then maybe I would use the (R) for just very short routes.

I hated the old days when I would get on broken cars or cars with busted A/C.

By the way what is up with the 53rd street dig out track work?

The work on the subways never ends. Hopefully 2010 is a better year. :-)

Finally happy that the R32+R42s won't be on my routes anymore but others can still enjoy them on the (V) for the time being, plus every so often Ive seen the MTA put in historical trains on routes so those subway junkies can enjoy them.

So whats the odds of getting an R42 (V) now? Im hearing conflicting reports. It seems that there should be a lot of them on the (V), more than R46s

yup. Was in manhattan today so loads of r42 (V)s only 1 set i caught at W4th, which ran exp to qns cuz of a stall (F) at 14th..

Only 1 set i saw of R32 (V) at 42nd St.

Your chances for R42s are good! Unless they get swapped with (R), but i dont think much worrying is needed ;)

The (J)(Z)(L) and (M) are now B.M.T./IND. routes and the (R) is now an IND. route? The (V) will be R42s?

i think its a mistake. Must be for car related...

The R42s has alway been on the (V) since the GMs took em out of the (E)(F) in July i think.. (V) is R32/R42/R46! As more R160s come in, r42s get kicked out to 207 while R46 gets back in..

wish me luck for next time, last time i wound up on an R46 (V)

The very best! If you do catch one tomo or Friday then praise and enjoy it ;)!

Thank you, Mark. The new sheet is interesting, showing only 16 R46s on the (V) and now only 20 R32 Brightliners on the (A) (Two sets).

Only 1,098 R160s (between R160A, R160B1 and R160B2) and only 184 R32 Brightliners are showing in service. The (N) will have all 220 R160B2s and 10 R160B1s.

88 R46s on the (A) and the (E) is 210 R160As and 50 R160B1s. Eighth Avenue will be looking nice.

why would Option 2 go to the (N)? I thought they were going on the (E)(F) lines
What I've been hearing is that they are going to shift some of thwe cars over there now to be with the others at Jamaica. I think it's the Siemens. You would think they would send the 60 A2's over to be with the others, but it is B's they're sending.

So CI will need new cars to replace them.

The (J)(Z)(L) and (M) are now B.M.T./IND. routes and the (R) is now an IND. route? The (V) will be R42s?

Looks like they just renamed South back to BMT, Queens back to IND, and North to IND/BMT. Would make some sense, except that all three sections are a mixture of BMT and IND. The North was simply divided more evenly between the two.

What they should have just done is rename it as East, because that's more accurate; and leave the others as North and South. East is the old BMT division for that area, and the two IND lines would simply be joining it.

Assignments are not the same as reality.

(ALL Siemens cars are assigned to the N. In reality, they can easily show up on the Q or W, but they are assigned to the N, etc.) The R has not had R32s or R42s assigned to it for nearly a decade, yet over the past 10 years, R32s have fairly constantly been on the line.

In other news, there may be an interesting equipment move shortly.

no more R32 (R)??? So there is only 2 sets of R32s out jamaica now? And of course bye bye to R68s on (W) i guess. I wonder does this source come from...

The R32 assignments haven't changed. And the R68's on the (W) have been gone for a while I think, except for a few that may see service occasionally.

So whats the odds of getting an R42 (V) now? Im hearing conflicting reports. It seems that there should be a lot of them on the (V), more than R46s

You shouldn't be waiting for over 20 minutes for an R42 (V) train. The (V) is about half-and-half or slightly more R42 at this point.

(A)(C)(J)(L)(M)(Z) = North division, BMT/IND is just a new name

(E)(F)(G)(R)(V) = Queens division, IND is just a new name

(:)(D)(N)(Q)(W) = South

The R32 assignments haven't changed. And the R68's on the (W) have been gone for a while I think, except for a few that may see service occasionally.

You shouldn't be waiting for over 20 minutes for an R42 (V) train. The (V) is about half-and-half or slightly more R42 at this point.

(A)(C)(J)(L)(M)(Z) = North division, BMT/IND is just a new name

(E)(F)(G)(R)(V) = Queens division, IND is just a new name

(:)(D)(N)(Q)(W) = South

Thank you.

Archived