Arcade Games (Coin Machine Only)

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

What Arcade games do you love (Coin Machine Only)

Sega Out Run/ Turbo Out Run -(F)ull simulator versions

Sega Hang On /Super Hang On

Super (S)print -3 (D)river version

After Burner Full simulator

(H)ouse of the dead

Robocop (data east)

(W)onderboy

(S)treet Fighter all versions

(V)irtual Fighter

(G)olden Axe

That's just A few what games did you like?? :P

Ahh where did I blow my small fortune as a kid/early teen...

House of the Dead

Area 51

Time Crisis

Top Skater

NBA Jam

Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey

Cruisin USA

Cruisin World

Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter

Pac Man (I was never very good at it...)

Tokyo Wars

Skee Ball (used to win madddd tickets on it...)

those are the ones that come to mind...

That has been gone for years, I don't remember when but it was the last arcade in NYC.

They have an arcade on Mott Street in Chinatown but it's mostly old 1990's games. Dave and Busters and ESPN Zone in Times Square have imitation arcades. There was this arcade called Broadway City that I loved. It was the largest arcade I've ever been to. It was always crowded. Unfortunately there was a shooting there and they shut it down in 2003.

They have an arcade on Mott Street in Chinatown but it's mostly old 1990's games. Dave and Busters and ESPN Zone in Times Square have imitation arcades. There was this arcade called Broadway City that I loved. It was the largest arcade I've ever been to. It was always crowded. Unfortunately there was a shooting there and they shut it down in 2003.

I lived near that Arcade and those games in there are hot well 80's/90's do you remember the Tic Tac Toe chicken ??(K)<R>

Yeah I remember Broadway City as well that used to be the good stuff back in high school...go there then get ice cream from cold stone

ESPN zone is very overrated and Dave and Busters is very expensive plus I dont like the "after work" crowd at Dave and Busters arcades shouldn't be so formal

I lived near that Arcade and those games in there are hot well 80's/90's do you remember the Tic Tac Toe chicken ??(K)<R>

Its still there. I went there on wednesday after court. Brought me baqck playing the old SF games. KR you hit the nail o the head in regards to the SEGA games especially Turbo Out Run and After Burner. I used to beat the Arcade simulator in 1 quarter New York to California. Awesome game. First you got the highpower engine then the tires after chicago and the the turbo to finish it off. Miss that game. My arcade was Station break @ Penn Station where the Kmart is now on the concourse level. It was shut down after many years of drugs being sold out of that arcade. I grew up playing there and at Playland in the old times square.

Its still there. I went there on wednesday after court. Brought me baqck playing the old SF games. KR you hit the nail o the head in regards to the SEGA games especially Turbo Out Run and After Burner. I used to beat the Arcade simulator in 1 quarter New York to California. Awesome game. First you got the highpower engine then the tires after chicago and the the turbo to finish it off. Miss that game. My arcade was Station break @ Penn Station where the Kmart is now on the concourse level. It was shut down after many years of drugs being sold out of that arcade. I grew up playing there and at Playland in the old times square.

Yeh man yeh it's been Awhile but Penn station was where I first played turbo outrun ,yeh man that arcade was the bomb ,also Mott st arcade I had some good years in that place ,hey do they still have that (tic tack toe chicken )?

The arcade era is over. Considering that I can't afford any of these expensive systems (Playstation 3, X Box, etc) I hardly play videogames anymore. The 1990's were the videogame era.

The games now a days are expensive indeed ,when I take my son to this arcade up at Bay Terrace we play this motorcycle game and we play it at least 20 times along with (N)ok/(A)ir (H)ockey another fav:tup:(K)<R>

The games now a days are expensive indeed ,when I take my son to this arcade up at Bay Terrace we play this motorcycle game and we play it at least 20 times along with (N)ok/(A)ir (H)ockey another fav:tup:(K)<R>

There are a lot of sports themed games (racing, basketball, etc) but there are hardly any traditional arcade games. There used to be arcade games based on Marvel superheroes.

The arcades that I played in my days were:

Contra

Super Contra

Super Mario Bros

Donkey Kong

Spy Hunter

Outrun

Ring King

Kung-Fu

Pac-Man

Ms.Pac-Man

Galaga

Kid Niki

Shinobi

Rygar

Mortal Kombat 1,2,3,4,5

Street Fighter 1,2,3,4,5

NBA Jams

Street (F)ighter /(M)ortal Kombat /(T)ekken /(V)irtua (F)ighter ,it don't get any better then playing these games in the Arcade against other peeps

a few years ago i actually bought the mk2 arcade machine on ebay, squeezed it into my apt. but i got rid of it.

i used to play;

bubble bobble

narc

shinobi

mk 1,2,3

street fighter 2 champ edition (the version you can throw 100 sonic booms at a time)

crusin usa

nba jams

mario bros

and many others i can't remember right now

Archived