Exam 8006/BOSS

amatullah2425

Hello,

took exam in 2008, took boss in May 2009, have not heard back from BOSS, my list number is 3625, dont know actual score. I do have a few questions:

1. how high can the list number be?

2. for B/O do i have to have my CDL before hire or that something that can be obtained while in training.

3. If you have not received your score or a letter regarding the BOSS does that mean i failed the BOSS?

1. Its better to be under 800 people are below. Anything above it won't get your anywhere, depends

2. I'd have the CDL first before going into training. Since you may drive a test bus and you need it!

3. It can take up to a year to get yout score in the mail with list number

my (2) cents

Hello,

took exam in 2008, took boss in May 2009, have not heard back from BOSS, my list number is 3625, dont know actual score. I do have a few questions:

1. how high can the list number be?

2. for B/O do i have to have my CDL before hire or that something that can be obtained while in training.

3. If you have not received your score or a letter regarding the BOSS does that mean i failed the BOSS?

I can answer your question better than Mark did. I am on the 8006 list also with a decent number(706). They don't send you a notice letting you know if you pass or failed the BOSS. Don't worry about it, everybody passes it.

There are 3,757 people on the 8006 list. You only need to have the CDL B Permit to get on, but it is a good idea to get your CDL B on your own, one less thing to worry about.

The status of the 8006 list is that it won't start until next year. The list going on now(#5025) is up to around #4,000, that list is a little bigger, about 4,885.

Now with your number being almost at the end of the list, it is going to take 2-3 years. I do believe they will go through the entire list since it is small. Remember this, to get 1 class of 100 they go through about 300-400 list numbers. You need patience, all of us do. Some B/O's have waited 4 years to get on, good luck, see you on the other side.

I can answer your question better than Mark did. I am on the 8006 list also with a decent number(706). They don't send you a notice letting you know if you pass or failed the BOSS. Don't worry about it, everybody passes it.

There are 3,757 people on the 8006 list. You only need to have the CDL B Permit to get on, but it is a good idea to get your CDL B on your own, one less thing to worry about.

The status of the 8006 list is that it won't start until next year. The list going on now(#5025) is up to around #4,000, that list is a little bigger, about 4,885.

Now with your number being almost at the end of the list, it is going to take 2-3 years. I do believe they will go through the entire list since it is small. Remember this, to get 1 class of 100 they go through about 300-400 list numbers. You need patience, all of us do. Some B/O's have waited 4 years to get on, good luck, see you on the other side.

are you saying mine isnt better? Even tho im not saying it is.. Just curious. But your answer is ok.

Mark thanks for you help but just let the people who already been through/or going through this process answer the questions.

Plus the process to become a Bus Operator is slightly different than that for other transit positions like Train Operator and Conductor. Like the BOSS exam. It's not the exam that is given to get your list number, so Mark's answer for question #3 is wrong since the BOSS exam is given to make sure you're not a wacko.

1. Its better to be under 800 people are below. Anything above it won't get your anywhere, depends

2. I'd have the CDL first before going into training. Since you may drive a test bus and you need it!

3. It can take up to a year to get yout score in the mail with list number

my (2) cents

WOW Mark , you are 3 out of 3 wrong :)

you have the perfect score :P

1 800 or bellow ? cmone that is first or at most second class as soon as they will get to that list. So you are saying that third and fourth class will not get any where ?

2 you dont need CDL to drive training bus ! you will need a permit with P and Air

3 you will not get any score after BOSS test, you passed dont wory;)

thanks to all... this was helpful...

I would also like to say that i have some friends who applied for Mabstoa exam and MTA --summer last year, say around May 2008. A month passed they got called to take BOSS waited about 2weeks and was called in to do medical, and background all in the same day. They were told that day that it would take another 2 weeks to get all that done and if all is well would be starting in a month. Well over a year later suffice it to say they are B/O for Mabstoa and did not bother with the MTA exam they paid for b/c they are on already.

I myself took as u know took 8006 last year and BOSS this year relative to this exam.

I also applied for Mabstoa for B/O a letter of acknowledgement which also advised me that there would be ramdon selections made as spots become avail.

All that being said who do you think will contact me first?

Should get my permit now or wait?

Based on the responses to my earlier inquiries i am basically done for the 8006 is what it sounds like so maybe i will hear from Mabosta and retake their BOSS. what do you guys think?

Just sit and wait

MTA stopped hire process for now, and 5025 list is not done yet, so who knows how long it will take to restart the hire process.

Get a book for permit, get your self familiar with it, but take the test when you will get called, dont worry you will have atleast 1-2 weeks to do it. CDL permit is very easy

but make sure you will get P endorsement, and NO air brake RESTRICTION

WOW Mark , you are 3 out of 3 wrong :)

you have the perfect score :P

1 800 or bellow ? cmone that is first or at most second class as soon as they will get to that list. So you are saying that third and fourth class will not get any where ?

2 you dont need CDL to drive training bus ! you will need a permit with P and Air

3 you will not get any score after BOSS test, you passed dont wory;)

ok.... you dont have to be pushy just cuz your a B/O .. No offense meant!

Anyways carry on

@Harry- thx and got it

thanks to all... this was helpful...

I would also like to say that i have some friends who applied for Mabstoa exam and MTA --summer last year, say around May 2008. A month passed they got called to take BOSS waited about 2weeks and was called in to do medical, and background all in the same day. They were told that day that it would take another 2 weeks to get all that done and if all is well would be starting in a month. Well over a year later suffice it to say they are B/O for Mabstoa and did not bother with the MTA exam they paid for b/c they are on already.

I myself took as u know took 8006 last year and BOSS this year relative to this exam.

I also applied for Mabstoa for B/O a letter of acknowledgement which also advised me that there would be ramdon selections made as spots become avail.

All that being said who do you think will contact me first?

Should get my permit now or wait?

Based on the responses to my earlier inquiries i am basically done for the 8006 is what it sounds like so maybe i will hear from Mabosta and retake their BOSS. what do you guys think?

What Mabstoa list are you on? 2801 or 2901? they will resume hiring again by the end of this year. Since they are going to give another Mabstoa/MTA Bus exam early next year the current lists should all be exhausted by the end of next year at the earliest.

Since your list number for the 8006 exam is close to the bottom, obviously Mabstoa will contact you first. Good luck.

I'm on 2901. I was given a random

This is big question-- traded in my NYS license in 2001 or GA and then again in 2006 for CT; I know I am required to have a NYS for 3 yrs to get appointed.

Can I get CDL license or permit for NYS with my CT license or do I need to transfer back to NYS first and then get my CDL or permit?

I'm on 2901. I was given a random

This is big question-- traded in my NYS license in 2001 or GA and then again in 2006 for CT; I know I am required to have a NYS for 3 yrs to get appointed.

Can I get CDL license or permit for NYS with my CT license or do I need to transfer back to NYS first and then get my CDL or permit?

You need license for 3 years to get a job , NOT NY license, ANY license

you will have to get an abstract from CT dmv and bring that with your CT CDL permit

ok i have a question that was probably answered in a forum before but im just tried of going through 30+ threads...ok so do you still have to take a road test for mta b/o if you already have the cdl license or is it just if you only have the permit?? and do anyone know a cdl driving school in manhattan or brooklyn that is good and not a con/scam?

ok i have a question that was probably answered in a forum before but im just tried of going through 30+ threads...ok so do you still have to take a road test for mta b/o if you already have the cdl license or is it just if you only have the permit?? and do anyone know a cdl driving school in manhattan or brooklyn that is good and not a con/scam?

As a newbie you are required to read every single post on every single thread that fits your criteria, that having been said expect to be banned by lunch time. B) J/K

To answer your question you have to qualify to drive the MTA way, if you have your CDL B with passenger endorsement that is not enough. If you only have your CDL B permit you will be trained by the MTA at no cost to take the DMV road test before your qualifying period.

I don't know much about driving schools in Manhattan or Brooklyn, others on here can help you with that. What list number are you from the 8006 exam?

aww but digging through threads is half the fun of learning the answer to your question.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11295

Here is a thread that has all the answers you need.

Passed the exam but never got The letter for the boss is there a number for me to cAll please help me out here thAnks

What is your list number and from what exam? I am pretty sure they went through the entire list from the 8006 exam for the boss. You are a little late to say the least, not sure if they have removed you from the list.

As a newbie you are required to read every single post on every single thread that fits your criteria, that having been said expect to be banned by lunch time. B) J/K

To answer your question you have to qualify to drive the MTA way, if you have your CDL B with passenger endorsement that is not enough. If you only have your CDL B permit you will be trained by the MTA at no cost to take the DMV road test before your qualifying period.

I don't know much about driving schools in Manhattan or Brooklyn, others on here can help you with that. What list number are you from the 8006 exam?

thanks i do have my cdl b permit with passenger and air brakes endorsement. my list number is 2800 (exam8006) high as hell i know but what im saying is would i still have 2 take a road test for the mta after the training even though i have a license already?. i've been reading a few threads and they help but i wasnt sure about the license/permit thing thanks again

thanks i do have my cdl b permit with passenger and air brakes endorsement. my list number is 2800 (exam8006) high as hell i know but what im saying is would i still have 2 take a road test for the mta after the training even though i have a license already?. i've been reading a few threads and they help but i wasnt sure about the license/permit thing thanks again

You might think you have a high list number but it was a very hard exam to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that more people failed then passed.

You have a CDL permit for now, so to answer your question yes you will have to take the dmv road test after training. If you have your CDL then all you have to do is qualify(10 day training process).

Since it will be awhile before they reach your list number, it is better for you to get your CDL on your own, that way you have 1 less thing to worry about. All of the driving schools use school buses which are very different from transit/ coach buses. Making turns, different blond spots,etc.

I went to Great American Driving School in Sheepshead Bay. Instructors were patient and helpful and we had laughs too. I'm not sure of the cost, Dept of Labor paid it when I was laid off... their # is 718-769-5247

good Luck

I went to Great American Driving School in Sheepshead Bay. Instructors were patient and helpful and we had laughs too. I'm not sure of the cost, Dept of Labor paid it when I was laid off... their # is 718-769-5247

good Luck

They charge 20 $ more per hour and 40 more per road test, then ... i will get you the number of a different school

They are right on redhook, and they are cheaper. the service was exellent

As a newbie you are required to read every single post on every single thread that fits your criteria, that having been said expect to be banned by lunch time. :P J/K

Be sure also to check out the packages the schools have, not just hourly rates.. It might be a good idea for what neighborhood works best as part of the overall comparison.

Archived