Exam 8006/BOSS

amatullah2425

Thank you guys for all the helpful info now I'm just going get the cdl license and just be patiences like y'all said. I've already took The boss survey so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Work on getting your CDL, read some of the bus operator threads on here and don't be afraid to ask questions, they give some very good solid advice on these forums. Keep us updated on your quest to becoming a CDL holder.

I've also heard the 8006 list might start pretty soon. A friend that does training had a student that said he's one of the last from the list. I assume it's the 5025 list which I read was towards the end. Anybody else hear any more? That DCAS status # must be overflowing because you can't get through to the general # or the ones they redirect you to. I know as soon as anything is happening you'll get notice in the mail.

I've also heard the 8006 list might start pretty soon. A friend that does training had a student that said he's one of the last from the list. I assume it's the 5025 list which I read was towards the end. Anybody else hear any more? That DCAS status # must be overflowing because you can't get through to the general # or the ones they redirect you to. I know as soon as anything is happening you'll get notice in the mail.

Don't assume, verify the information first Fred. I don't think the 5025 list is near the end. Can somebody that is on the 5025 list call up and try to find what list number they are up to? thanks

Don't assume, verify the information first Fred. I don't think the 5025 list is near the end. Can somebody that is on the 5025 list call up and try to find what list number they are up to? thanks

Good point Loco. I sent a text to my friend to see what list # that guy was referring to. Stay tuned

Hey Guys! I went to the Livingston office in person last Friday, and they told me that there still working on the people that took exam#5025 since they were on a freeze for a year. I am also on the list for exam#8006, and took the BOSS exam in June of this year. They told me they will start around next year with exam#8006. In the mean time while we wait and your best off getting your CDL class B license on your own. You only need a Class B with Passenger Endorsement, and no airbrake restrictions. I had my CDL license for a year, and I would like to put into good use. You’ll save a lot of time if you do it on your own.

Hey Guys! I went to the Livingston office in person last Friday, and they told me that there still working on the people that took exam#5025 since they were on a freeze for a year. I am also on the list for exam#8006, and took the BOSS exam in June of this year. They told me they will start around next year with exam#8006. In the mean time while we wait and your best off getting your CDL class B license on your own. You only need a Class B with Passenger Endorsement, and no airbrake restrictions. I had my CDL license for a year, and I would like to put into good use. You’ll save a lot of time if you do it on your own.

I guess you got tired of getting a busy signal on the phone, good job MP....now tell us all something that we don't know like what was the last list number that they called off the 5025.:tup:

I guess you got tired of getting a busy signal on the phone, good job MP....now tell us all something that we don't know like what was the last list number that they called off the 5025.:tup:

I was more concern about my status from the BOSS exam that I took in June, and I have no info to share with you about the list number that they called off from exam#5025. I never did called just decided to make a trip out there myself on my own time.

I was more concern about my status from the BOSS exam that I took in June, and I have no info to share with you about the list number that they called off from exam#5025. I never did called just decided to make a trip out there myself on my own time.

They don't notify you in writing if you passed or failed the BOSS, you went down there for that reason? I bet they told you nothing about your BOSS results. Take a chill pill and relax, the wait for some of us on the 8006 will be over sooner or later.

They don't notify you in writing if you passed or failed the BOSS, you went down there for that reason? I bet they told you nothing about your BOSS results. Take a chill pill and relax, the wait for some of us on the 8006 will be over sooner or later.

Hey Loco,

Won't taking a chill pill mess up the drug test? LoL

:eek:

I am relax just in need of another job, because I'm not happy where I'm at, but I am looking around at the sametime. Who knows when there going to call?

Greetings!

I am a little confused with respect to the passing of the 8006 boss exam responses as posted. Some of you folks state "Everyone passes so don't worry about it."

:P

If the boss exam is designed to weed out psycho's, at what point are psycho's actually weeded out in the process? Are they called in for the medical/drug testing as well?

:confused:?

I took the BOSS in June 09 and haven't heard anything with respect to test results and donot expect to as we were advised that we wouldn't when we took the test.

Is there any way of actually knowing where they actually are at "ANY" point in time with respect to what list they are actually working on and approx. what number they are up to? It would be nice to be prepared with the CDL & training!

Thank you in advance for your response and have a great day!

Greetings!

I am a little confused with respect to the passing of the 8006 boss exam responses as posted. Some of you folks state "Everyone passes so don't worry about it."

:P

If the boss exam is designed to weed out psycho's, at what point are psycho's actually weeded out in the process? Are they called in for the medical/drug testing as well?

I took the BOSS in June 09 and haven't heard anything with respect to test results and donot expect to as we were advised that we wouldn't when we took the test.

Is there any way of actually knowing where they actually are at "ANY" point in time with respect to what list they are actually working on and approx. what number they are up to? It would be nice to be prepared with the CDL & training!

My husband's class was 8/17 and they went up to approximately number 4000. I know they had a class after that , not sure what they went up to there...but I do know that there are 4886 people on list 5025.

You need license for 3 years to get a job , NOT NY license, ANY license

you will have to get an abstract from CT dmv and bring that with your CT CDL permit

okay, b/c announcement says must have NYS license for 3 yrs. In my case I have had a license for a total of 9-10 years but in 3 different states-- NY, GA, and CT. Would it be advisable to chnge back now or should i wait?

okay, b/c announcement says must have NYS license for 3 yrs. In my case I have had a license for a total of 9-10 years but in 3 different states-- NY, GA, and CT. Would it be advisable to chnge back now or should i wait?

Nop, it states a little differently

"You must possess a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York for at least three years"

Your CT license is just fine, but MTA cannot look up out of state DMV records, thats why they make people bring abstract from DMV

Greetings!

:(

Everyone does not pass the BOSS exam, and it is designed to weed out those who don't know how to lie on that exam...........

Did they come in and say, "do not tell us what you think we want to hear, be honest with your answers". Some are honest, and never hired........

Everyone does not pass the BOSS exam, and it is designed to weed out those who don't know how to lie on that exam...........

Did they come in and say, "do not tell us what you think we want to hear, be honest with your answers". Some are honest, and never hired........

I have never heard about any one being not hired because of BOSS

with the questions they ask you realy have to be dumb like a light pole to fail the test :(

Archived