Exam 8006/BOSS

amatullah2425

Saw a training bus at Franis lewis+23 avenue in queens today. I think they are exam 8006?? but i thought all driver must have cdl b class?? Because the driver of that training couldn't make most of the turns, and blocking traffic. good luck to him!picture.php?albumid=177&pictureid=740picture.php?albumid=177&pictureid=742

All I know is that bus is from Jamaica Depot. 8006 hasn't started yet, has to be from 5025. How many students did you see inside the bus? Just because you have a CDL B doesn't mean that you are capable of driving for the MTA. No CDL driving school trains students on RTS buses.

They should put a sign on the back of all of the training buses. "Warning"Keep back 500 feet".

Saw a training bus at Franis lewis+23 avenue in queens today. I think they are exam 8006?? but i thought all driver must have cdl b class?? Because the driver of that training couldn't make most of the turns, and blocking traffic. good luck to him!

That has got to be the last class that was called from 5025

and the driver may have only a permit, and this is his first time in a bus.

Every one has to start somewhere

Hey guys! I hope and pray that they start going down the list soon for the people that took exam#8006. I am very desperate, and in need of another job. I'm still looking around everyday, and I am not happy where I'm at. I don't have the hours not even O/T, and falling behind on bills....

I am waiting anxiously for 8006 to start. With a list # in the low 600s I hope its soon.:cool:

I am just like you waiting, but my list# is 2950.5. I so far have my CDL Class B lincense with air brakes Tank, and Passenger endoresment, and took the BOSS exam back in June of this year. I've had my CDL for already a year, and I would like to put it to good use!!!

I am just like you waiting, but my list# is 2950.5. I so far have my CDL Class B lincense with air brakes Tank, and Passenger endoresment, and took the BOSS exam back in June of this year. I've had my CDL for already a year, and I would like to put it to good use!!!

"but my list# is 2950.5 "

Your list number is 2950.5 ? 2950 and a half ?

:P

BTW, I moved you up one number. My number on that list was 6 or so , so every one above 6 is moved up by one number

"but my list# is 2950.5 "

Your list number is 2950.5 ? 2950 and a half ?

:P

BTW, I moved you up one number. My number on that list was 6 or so , so every one above 6 is moved up by one number

WOW! That’s wired? How is it that we have the same list# from the same exam that we took? I went to look at my list# card from DCAS, and I also made a copy from the BOSS exam notice just to keep for records. Maybe it’s true that we did move up a number.

WOW! That’s wired? How is it that we have the same list# from the same exam that we took? I went to look at my list# card from DCAS, and I also made a copy from the BOSS exam notice just to keep for records. Maybe it’s true that we did move up a number.

huh

what are you talking about ?

About us having the same list number from the same exam that we took...

My exam number on 8006 is number or so , i through out the paper couple of days ago , i was making fun of your number that you put couple of days ago, because you put it not as a whole number but as a point 5, so like one and a half

aaa, never mind forget it ;)

My exam number on 8006 is number or so , i through out the paper couple of days ago , i was making fun of your number that you put couple of days ago, because you put it not as a whole number but as a point 5, so like one and a half

aaa, never mind forget it ;)

I didn't catch on to the joke, but its all good:cool: You should of kept the paper with you just in case for your records.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am currently in college (sophmore) and am planning what to do for next year. A big factor in my planning is whether or not I will get called for the 8006 exam. In my current situation, I will be taking the bus driver job if offered. I need the steady pay and benefits. I intend to take a year off from college during the probationary period and return to college, perhaps part time, to complete my degree after my probation at the MTA concludes.

Does anyone have any idea, or suggestions for me regarding the discovery of, when the 8006 test list will be called for employment? I have a list number in the 24X range. Being withing the first 250 list numbers, when can I expect to be called once the list is active? How large is each class? Are they a standard number, or do they fluctuate in size?

Also, is there a physical that requires performance of certain acts? I remember taking other city tests years ago, and for the PD they had us jumping walls and running obstacle courses for example. I also recall that during the medical for the PD we had to hop on each leg 5 times. Is there anything like that with the bus drivers? Particularly, is there a hopping on one leg requirement in either the medical or physical?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and address my concerns.

Hello everyone,

I am currently in college (sophmore) and am planning what to do for next year. A big factor in my planning is whether or not I will get called for the 8006 exam. In my current situation, I will be taking the bus driver job if offered. I need the steady pay and benefits. I intend to take a year off from college during the probationary period and return to college, perhaps part time, to complete my degree after my probation at the MTA concludes.

Does anyone have any idea, or suggestions for me regarding the discovery of, when the 8006 test list will be called for employment? I have a list number in the 24X range. Being withing the first 250 list numbers, when can I expect to be called once the list is active? How large is each class? Are they a standard number, or do they fluctuate in size?

Also, is there a physical that requires performance of certain acts? I remember taking other city tests years ago, and for the PD they had us jumping walls and running obstacle courses for example. I also recall that during the medical for the PD we had to hop on each leg 5 times. Is there anything like that with the bus drivers? Particularly, is there a hopping on one leg requirement in either the medical or physical?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and address my concerns.

do u have ur CDL permit or a lincese if not i would strongly recommend u get the CDL lincese 1st this way u don`t have to take the road test twice meaning the mta way and the dmv way meaning if u have ur lincese now the cdl let`s say all u need 2 do is pass the mta way meaning learn 2 drive there way. theres one on richmond ave by eltingville train station the driving school called AAAA if you book ur lessons there ask for john to be ur instructor he`s good that`s who i had. anymore questions feel free to ask i`ll do my best to answer as much as i know. i`m waiting to to be called from 8006 exam my list number is 3,514.

do u have ur CDL permit or a lincese if not i would strongly recommend u get the CDL lincese 1st this way u don`t have to take the road test twice meaning the mta way and the dmv way meaning if u have ur lincese now the cdl let`s say all u need 2 do is pass the mta way meaning learn 2 drive there way. theres one on richmond ave by eltingville train station the driving school called AAAA if you book ur lessons there ask for john to be ur instructor he`s good that`s who i had. anymore questions feel free to ask i`ll do my best to answer as much as i know. i`m waiting to to be called from 8006 exam my list number is 3,514.

and the physical that u said i don`t u do that. not sure.

I Suggest people take the CDL classes and get their license before the MTA Calls They are very strict on the road so it would help if you had a little experience. The last class they had out of 110 people only 40 made it through. Just some food for thought.

Sounds like good advice Primo, but getting work even with the license can be tough for that experience. A certain school bus company put people through the hiring process then there wasnt any work there either.. I realize it's a different world driving a school bus but still would have been good experience. Hopefully many years of good driving experience helps should the 8006 list start moving.

Thanks

I have come to the conclusion that there is a very good reason why commercial driving schools don't use transit buses for training, like the RTS's for example. The MTA either scraps them when they have reached the end of their life or sell them out of state. All of the RTS buses that I have seen for sale are from out of state.

The thing is Fred that if you do get a bus driving job with a coach bus company before being called from the MTA you risk your clean CDL B if you get into an accident. Better to come into training with a clean CDL with no driving experience in my opinion. Besides we have to learn how to drive the MTA way, every other bus company will have different ways of training so you don't pick up bad habits.

You still have to take 2 road test no matter what.

one for your actual cdl and the other for the city.

I have come to the conclusion that there is a very good reason why commercial driving schools don't use transit buses for training, like the RTS's for example. The MTA either scraps them when they have reached the end of their life or sell them out of state. All of the RTS buses that I have seen for sale are from out of state.

The thing is Fred that if you do get a bus driving job with a coach bus company before being called from the MTA you risk your clean CDL B if you get into an accident. Better to come into training with a clean CDL with no driving experience in my opinion. Besides we have to learn how to drive the MTA way, every other bus company will have different ways of training so you don't pick up bad habits.

I think the reason why they dont buy rts's is because those buses are expensive to maintain. its cheaper to fix an old international bus, rather than a rts

thanks Al...

What does the list being published mean at this point?

Archived