Hello From California!!!

Utica Ave

I just recently found this forum and I will say that I am pleasantly surprised. So far I like everything I've seen and the layout is easy to navigate. Very nice.

Don't let the title of my thread fool you. I'm from Brooklyn and claim it to anyone within earshot. Grew up in Bed-Stuy and both Utica Ave stations were my jumping off point as a kid. Been living in Cali now for over twenty years but your home is your home.

Ever since I can remember, I've loved transit systems. Especially New York's. Rode many from all over the world but MTA is mine. I have and still draw maps of it and always interested in related media. I can't break down consists, not really good at identifying individual cars, don't know braking systems, AC, power consumption or any minutiae of the sort but I do like talking about trains. I've lurked over at Subchat and it's predecessors for years with an occassional comment but the flame wars drive me crazy at times. So here I am. I will find ways to participate.

I just recently found this forum and I will say that I am pleasantly surprised. So far I like everything I've seen and the layout is easy to navigate. Very nice.

Don't let the title of my thread fool you. I'm from Brooklyn and claim it to anyone within earshot. Grew up in Bed-Stuy and both Utica Ave stations were my jumping off point as a kid. Been living in Cali now for over twenty years but your home is your home.

Ever since I can remember, I've loved transit systems. Especially New York's. Rode many from all over the world but MTA is mine. I have and still draw maps of it and always interested in related media. I can't break down consists, not really good at identifying individual cars, don't know braking systems, AC, power consumption or any minutiae of the sort but I do like talking about trains. I've lurked over at Subchat and it's predecessors for years with an occassional comment but the flame wars drive me crazy at times. So here I am. I will find ways to participate.

Welcome aboard, Utica Ave!

I have former Intership Teacher who used to teach at High school for Environmental Studies lives in California and he sent me copy of Los Angeles Metro.

Greetings from a former Jersey City resident and welcome to NYC Transit Forums! Do you like BART, Utica Ave?

Actually, I like the trains but the operation of it bugs me. I was spoiled by New York's 24/7, get you pretty much anywhere you want to go when I was coming up. So I'm biased. My take is it's the trains to nowhere and it takes you too long to get there

On a side note, it's one of the (subliminal) reasons I think I wound up in the bay area. I remember reading about San Francisco and BART was being planned when I was a kid. The SOAC's were mentioned so I knew I was going to have to find a way to get out here someday. Took me awhile but I finally made it.

Thanks Harry, I'll try to make myself useful.

Thanks everyone else for the welcome.

Famous, I've been to every major city out here and I still haven't come across any rude T/O's or drivers. Not saying there aren't any but I haven't met one. They generally keep their equipment in good shape. That goes for SF, Oakland, San Jose, San Diego, Sacramento and LA. One bad station agent but most are nice. You've heard differently?

Archived