Question about the R32s.

Tinamarie

Is it just me or the seats in the R32 really uncomfortable? Everytime I sit down, it hurts my back. I have no problem with any other trains interior seats except for this type of train. I don't even want to put my back against it because it feels uncomfortable.

What?! The R32s have the best seats in the MTA!!! Your height may be a factor, though. :P

I'm 5'7. Is this why? LOL

I'm 6'0 and having flat backrests is definitely better than having those contour backrests in the NTTs. In fact, the R32 seats contour best for your bottom. The NTT seats are too flat and the R40/R42 seats have that annoying hump that feels sharp upon sitting.

i love the seats on the R32's....i'm 5'9'' and i loved sitting on those seats when the cars ran on the (E) and (F). when the first R160 arrived i was excited but that feeling would soon go away. now i miss the r32's comfortable seats. R160 seats are so uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!that is one of the reasons i started to take the (7)<7>:P

Maybe I am confusing the seats with a different type of train?

Aren't the R32s the one frequently on the (C)(V)(R)?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/error46146/DC-Transit/DSCN0029.jpg

These are the seats that are uncomfortable for me for some reason. Maybe I am not used to sitting in these seats since I am usually on a R160 train for most of my days.

Maybe I am confusing the seats with a different type of train?

Aren't the R32s the one frequently on the (C)(V)(R)?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/error46146/DC-Transit/DSCN0029.jpg

These are the seats that are uncomfortable for me for some reason. Maybe I am not used to sitting in these seats since I am usually on a R160 train for most of my days.

No that is correct, that's an R32 interior. Hem that is kind of strange. I guess it must be different for you then. I have no idea why.

For me if the 'lump' of the R142/143/160 seats were placed a bit lower, then the seat would be much more comfortable to sit in. Currently I just keep my backpack on or slouch down on the seat to stay comfortable.

Eh it's ok. I hardly ride on R32s so whatever. If I have to ride on them, I do sit down. If I ride the R32 again, I'll see how I feel and keep everyone posted. LOL

And it's the opposite for me, I am comfortable with the R160s and R142s and all the other trains. I guess I'm so used to them.

Eh it's ok. I hardly ride on R32s so whatever. If I have to ride on them, I do sit down. If I ride the R32 again, I'll see how I feel and keep everyone posted. LOL

And it's the opposite for me, I am comfortable with the R160s and R142s and all the other trains. I guess I'm so used to them.

Maybe bucket seats are still the best ones out there for someone like me!

hah, I can sleep on an R32 :P

• 2 weeks later...
i love the seats on the R32's....i'm 5'9'' and i loved sitting on those seats when the cars ran on the (E) and (F). when the first R160 arrived i was excited but that feeling would soon go away. now i miss the r32's comfortable seats. R160 seats are so uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!that is one of the reasons i started to take the (7)<7>:P

Thank you for this very useful post! Lol

But yup, the seats on the NTTs are too flat! The older cars had the contour bench seats. If the R160s had those seats then that would be one flaw removed, although it's like the seats are currently set up the wrong way! Now they need to get rid of that pole in between the seats to hold more people because the R142s can seat more than the R160. I find that sad. :P

In addition, bucket seats are comfortable, but only if you're skinny enough for them...fat people tend to have a problem as they can't squeeze into the seat, and as a result, they often take up 2 seats. As for sleeping on the subway, not a very good idea, because you can get robbed, no matter what time of day. I can wait until I get home to get all the sleep I need. The last time I remember dozing off on the subway was on an R143 in 2007.

Thank you for this very useful post! Lol

But yup, the seats on the NTTs are too flat! The older cars had the contour bench seats. If the R160s had those seats then that would be one flaw removed, although it's like the seats are currently set up the wrong way! Now they need to get rid of that pole in between the seats to hold more people because the R142s can seat more than the R160. I find that sad. :P

In addition, bucket seats are comfortable, but only if you're skinny enough for them...fat people tend to have a problem as they can't squeeze into the seat, and as a result, they often take up 2 seats. As for sleeping on the subway, not a very good idea, because you can get robbed, no matter what time of day. I can wait until I get home to get all the sleep I need. The last time I remember dozing off on the subway was on an R143 in 2007.

it was dumb of them to even think of that pole

Archived