NYCT Worker causing trouble to Rail Buffs

mark1447

Cabs and any operational areas are for employees, not railfans. If you want to photo a cab do it from the platform in the side window, or go to the transit museum.

- A

That's the most legal way to do it...but some employees will probably question you?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im aware of the MTA stand on this...

That dont mean you can go in an unaccouupied cab and start snapping away.

Customers arent allowed in them.

True, but foamers don't care. Personally, I'm not giving any warnings. If I catch anyone entering a restricted area, I'm calling the cops. Period.

True, but foamers don't care. Personally, I'm not giving any warnings. If I catch anyone entering a restricted area, I'm calling the cops. Period.

Now if these people were taking a pic of a cab from the platform, then that's not breaking the rules.

Just to debate...what if the door was left open (on a half cab)...would it be illegal for them to be outside the cab and take shots?

Yeah i read..

I wonder if the RTOs rules are different compared to the (MTA)s offical rules.

Of course i never enter the cab. I snap photos from the outside, tho most workers still find it illegal.

Actually, I need to clarify what I said earlier.

Yes you can take photos of the system; but, you are not allowed to take photos of restricted areas. Even though the cab is visible to the public through the window, technically it is still a restricted area and thus against the rules.

It's what you would call a grey area, not black or white. I've edited the prior post to reflect my correction.

Yes you can take photos of the system; but, you are not allowed to take photos of restricted areas. Even though the cab is visible to the public through the window, technically it is still a restricted area and thus against the rules.

It's what you would call a grey area, not black or white. I've edited the prior post to reflect my correction.

There we go...debate over :)

i think this rule is kind of moot at this point (at least when you apply it to Cabs) there are already so many photos and even a few vids out with cab shots.

and speaking technically, tunnels are restricted areas so it's basically saying that shooting vids and pics out of the railfan windows are illegal lol.

like that matters at all at this point.:)

SUBWAYNAZIS (11 minutes ago)

The rail fans where not in no cab they where taking a photo of the interior of the last R40m in service when this F**K said how many time do i have to tell you no photo of the subway you are interfering with the operation of the train also he said that if i see you taking photo by a cab of at all i will find you and report you. the rail did nothing wong

well the (MTA) needs to fix its own rules on the web, cuz i dunno why they dont have restricted areas are not allowed.

All you grt is 1050.9C like this:

Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

So your same taking a pic of the cab from the window is illegal too...?

SUBWAYNAZIS (11 minutes ago)

The rail fans where not in no cab they where taking a photo of the interior of the last R40m in service when this F**K said how many time do i have to tell you no photo of the subway you are interfering with the operation of the train also he said that if i see you taking photo by a cab of at all i will find you and report you. the rail did nothing wong

well then that explains a bit. But still why would taken a pic cause a problem to the entire system. geez its a pic, like taken a picture of a building, whats the deal. 9/11 again oh boy... I understand getting in people way but still like wtf?

when this F**K said how many time do i have to tell you no photo of the subway you are interfering with the operation of the train

Well, if they are interfering with service then the employee had every right to say what he said. Also as stated before, you can't take pictures of the cab since it is a restricted area. Yea others have done it before. So what! They got caught doing it so get over it.

Hey some learn from thier mistakes while others continue to make more...

:tup:

Good thread, no flaming like it...

Those lids are lucky the worker didnt call the police becuz if it's true and they was in fully then ,the worker was 100percent on this one and he could of made matters worst for them kids and we all know these days what might happen when peeps wanna make a statement and man I could see it now what (MTA)would of turned this into let's just say them kids where lucky this time but hey to whom ever they where don't go into any restricted tracks or cabs cuz (MTA)is in servo mode and blv me they will make a big deal out of stupid ish (K)<R>

Taking a photo inside a train is okay, just not inside a cab. I'll give a few pointers here.

1. Going inside a train cab at any time is illegal, wheter you are let in or not.

2. If you are ever let inside a cab though, it's best to keep it to yourself to avoid trouble for you and the operator or conductor. (Photos inside the cab with the operator/conductor permission should be kept private.)

3. I believe if you are caught photographing in a restricted area, you'll be ejected from the subway system.

4. In my opinion like what some have said, I do agree with the worker's actions, since the riders were commiting an infraction.

That's all I'll say.

Well, if they are interfering with service then the employee had every right to say what he said. Also as stated before, you can't take pictures of the cab since it is a restricted area. Yea others have done it before. So what! They got caught doing it so get over it.

If they were just taking a pic of the R40M interior then that's not interfering with service. Neither is it interfering with service if they are taking a pic of the cab. That being said, there's two different sides to the story being told here.

If the railfans were just taking an interior pic then they didn't deserve the T/O reprimanding them. If they were taking a cab pic, then they got what they deserved. I think it's as simple as that.

Also, in the video the T/O says "If I find you taking pictures in the cab then I will report you...". This doesn't mean he found these guys in the cab. He's just giving them a warning in case they got any ideas. We don't have a way of knowing if they were really in the cab or not, but I've also railfanned with some of the people in the video and I almost certainly don't beleive these people would trespass.

If they were just taking a pic of the R40M interior then that's not interfering with service. Neither is it interfering with service if they are taking a pic of the cab. That being said, there's two different sides to the story being told here.

If the railfans were just taking an interior pic then they didn't deserve the T/O reprimanding them. If they were taking a cab pic, then they got what they deserved. I think it's as simple as that.

Also, in the video the T/O says "If I find you taking pictures in the cab then I will report you...". This doesn't mean he found these guys in the cab. He's just giving them a warning in case they got any ideas. We don't have a way of knowing if they were really in the cab or not, but I've also railfanned with some of the people in the video and I almost certainly don't beleive these people would trespass.

Yup ive seen one of em[Not saying names] and I know he wouldnt trespass. Besides how can they trespass if the cab door is suppose to be locked, unless the worker left it unlocked then its his fault!

Many workers leave it unlocked. About 2 times ive seen it, one was on a bronx bound (2) the cab of the last door opened and i didnt even know that. It just opened up once the (2) left 96th street, So i closed it.[i DIDNT OPEN IT!!]. second time was on a queens bound (R) the cab door was open and help by that yellow wodden bar, and when i left the train no one is in the cab.

Sof sometimes workers are to blame for this for not locking the doors. Unless they stepping out fast, but still..

Failure to lock the cab door is not a free pass for you to go willy nilly. How hard is it to just sit down and enjoy the ride? Some people here have a propensity to get themselves into trouble.

Yes, but still a good target for terrorist! And for foamers who just love being in the cab just like these dudes in the video:

Its old news but new news to people who didnt see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWS5dyKvoIw

So i would still lock the cab door!

btw welcome bk dude! No time no see :)

Yes, but still a good target for terrorist! And for foamers who just love being in the cab just like these dudes in the video:

Its old news but new news to people who didnt see:

So i would still lock the cab door!

btw welcome bk dude! No time no see :)

oh please, a locked cab door won't stop a terrorist with malicious intentions.

Archived