NYCT Worker causing trouble to Rail Buffs

mark1447

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you wanted cab shots who is this freind you are going to ask?

Does this friend work down here?

I have railfan freinds who dont work down here, no disrepsect to them but No Way i will open a cab door and let them take cab shots none.

You are asking one of us to break a rule this is what you are saying right?

You need to stop right there...:confused:

Yes I do have freinds that work down there, Like I said before I was not in the Damn Cab,

And Im going to be honest to all of you, 1 Im not a Foamer, For all of you that were not there You did not see what happened, I was taking a Video of the last Pair of Mods after waiting for it, I get in and take My Last photo's and video and that C/R that came out is the one that keeps on getting on my nerves, This is not the only time I had it in with this guy, I was not in the Cab, I don't go in cabs, If I want a shot of a Cab, I put My Camrea on zoom, I don't open cab doors and just take photo's I don't do that S%^t, And If I Wanted to get a cab shot, I simply ask whoever I know Can I get one But I don't ask becasue I don't need one, All I did is take a Video and Photo's that's all, And If the Cab door is open at a terminal, That's on you if you decide to take photo's and what not, So don't come at my head and disrespect me, If I was all of you (Railfans) I would not be near this C/R, He will give you problems, I took a Photo of 3511 on the (R) on a saturday and told me the same s&^t he told me in the video and I was not even near a cab or what Not, I was on the Platform taking a photo.

And yes RTO will get on your ass if you take a Photo, That's why you should carry the Rules, They will get on your nerves bottom line.

No i dont...

I never harassed any railfan i seen taking pictures legally,as a matter of fact i havent seen nay railfans in my 8 years down here taking pictures in restricted areas at that.

They are doing a hobby they love im fully aware of the rules dont paint all of us with a broad brush now.

Can someone PLEASE shut this thread down before it turns into a flamefest?

-rr4567 (JFK)

I am detecting the beginning stages of a flamefest.....let's calm down, this isnt Subchat :cool:

Calm down :cool:

Dude take a damn chill pill already. There's nothing happening here but a discussion.

Number 1. I was not in the Cab,

Number 2 .I just took an interior shot and Videio of the last Pair Of R40M's, And If I wanted cab chots I can ask a freind of mine for Permissoin, That C/R has always gave me problems as well as other Railfans,

So If I was you I stop minding other peoples business and you should mind yours, Im not trying to start something but I don't like when People get In my business, So Please Mind yours.

Thank you

For someone that wants to keep their business private, putting it on youtube seems rather stupid. Don't want people to discuss your business? Then keep it private. B)

For someone that wants to keep their business private, putting it on youtube seems rather stupid. Don't want people to discuss your business? Then keep it private. B)

I did not put it on you tube, some other Railfan took the video without my notice, I don't even put my videos on you tube no more

I did not put it on you tube, some other Railfan took the video without my notice, I don't even put my videos on you tube no more

Doesn't matter how it got there or to the forums ... it's here now and it's no longer private. I'm glad it did show up here since the employees and knowledgeable posters here were able to extend a warning to the offenders and other foamers like them to stop making railfans look stupid. I fear one day someone is gonna go too far and ruin it for everyone, permanently.

Taking a photo inside a train is okay, just not inside a cab. I'll give a few pointers here.

1. Going inside a train cab at any time is illegal, wheter you are let in or not.

2. If you are ever let inside a cab though, it's best to keep it to yourself to avoid trouble for you and the operator or conductor. (Photos inside the cab with the operator/conductor permission should be kept private.)

3. I believe if you are caught photographing in a restricted area, you'll be ejected from the subway system.

4. In my opinion like what some have said, I do agree with the worker's actions, since the riders were commiting an infraction.

That's all I'll say.

I agree with #2 i made a mistake of posting a shot of a worker letting me in a P32AC-DM #203 showing the cab I was quickly PM'ed and told to take it down so I just keep it to myself I was lucky enough to get the shot.

I'd never go in a cab without being let in from someone

Doesn't matter how it got there or to the forums ... it's here now and it's no longer private. I'm glad it did show up here since the employees and knowledgeable posters here were able to extend a warning to the offenders and other foamers like them to stop making railfans look stupid. I fear one day someone is gonna go too far and ruin it for everyone, permanently.

Thank you. And that also goes for the a-hole railfans on museum trains that stick their heads out the window and scream and curse at passengers on the platform as the train bypasses stations.

How hard is it to behave? Act like you all got some breeding. And posting stuff on Youtube whether you did it or your friend did it I would DEMAND it be removed, or #2 option, cease to hang out with whoever it was that posted that, that's it done. You gotta have standards, if you don't no one else will either. There are people in this hobby and I know who they are, and I will NEVER go anywhere with them or even engage them in conversation. That's it done. Why? Don't want to deal with the BS of someone who "all they think about is trains" or some "know it all" that thinks he owns the system because he has a friend that works for TA. Plus I wanna work down here and while I have an interest in learning what I can, I don't want to be "one of those" and at the end of the day it's a train. To me it's only worth getting a photo if it's something new or different. R40M's, hell, just go on nycsubway and there's a million shots of 'em.

And if you're having repeat run ins with a specific crew member, maybe it's time to do like a certain poster on Subchat needs to do and ask himself "why?" (and I'm not going to name who that person is but I'm sure some here already know)

Look it's one thing when you're 10-15 and a teen/preteen. Fine everybody at that age is just enjoying the train ride and maybe going a bit overboard and whatever it's all part of fun and growing up, and I don't care about that, you're a kid go have your fun, no judging going on over here unless you do something dangerous. But when you are a legal adult of more than 18 years of age and still chasing trains around the system like a puppy chasing cars that got loose at a NASCAR event and screaming, and yelling, and taking pictures of things you shouldn't, and stealing signs, and moving layups and all the other BS that "railfans" have been caught doing the last couple years it's time to take a real look at yourself and frankly how pathetic you are. This is not addressed to any one person or group in particular but it should be pretty f-ing obvious to anyone who these people are and it is always the same ones.

The question with this video is after sitting there and "yessiring" the C/R to death, was the response mentally "f you I'm going to go back to doing what I want" or "you know what, I see his point, maybe I should tone it down a bit." Hey everybody likes to be right but no one ever thinks about the other side of the story. Rest assured, when I'm a C/R it's the same thing. You wanna take a pic fine. But do anything illegal and I wont say a goddam word you're getting banged in to the cops and that's it, I don't care. Railfans who break the rules or do boorish behavior look bad on the WHOLE HOBBY, anyone with an interest, and give people ammunition to make rules tighter for the majority of us that behave, and also give ammunition to do fewer events or water them down. DONT BE THAT GUY.

Here is what happened when I was on front car of Flushing-bound <7>. I wasn't in cab, but his cab door was open and he did not let me see the railfan window. I was so upset, I waited for next <7> and reported to supervisior on that train I change because of nasty operator. I was (cry)ing at whole time. Other (7)<7> operators let me see, even if train cab is open.

Customer (Yuki Endo) - 04/28/2009 08:51 PM

To whom it may concern:

I not sure if <7> express that departed Times Sq at 19:48 on #2153 (first car), that he was so mean and nasty to me. I wanted to see railfan window, but due to his cab was open on Flushing-bound direction, he rudefully told me to SIT DOWN. He did not respect me to see the railroad fan window.

Other train operators of <7> express R62A, R40/R42 (A), (E), (F) let me see the window, however not the #2153.

I had most uneasy commute as in result of him.

Respectfully,

concern citizens.

Response (Melissa Glasgow) - 04/29/2009 11:43 AM

This is in response to your recent e-mail message to MTA New York City Transit reporting a conductor on the No.7 line.

We regret the incident you reported. In response to your complaint, we have forwarded a copy of your call to supervision in our Department of Subways with a request that train crews on the No. 7 line be reinstructed to properly display correct symbols on their train's front head sign by indicating a "diamond" for express, and a "circle" for local service. Be assured that supervision will continue to closely monitor service and announcements for content and clarity on the No. 7 line to prevent any recurrence of this incident.

The type of action you reported is not indicative of the high standards of courtesy, customer service, and professionalism set forth in our guidelines. All station agents are expected to provide prompt, courteous service at all times, and are held accountable when they do not abide by these guidelines. Consequently, we are referring your complaint to supervision in our Department of Subways for review. Based on the information you have provided hopefully we will be able to identify this conductor for further questioning. In order to investigate the situation properly and take the appropriate further action, we may also need to contact you by phone or mail. Please provide your phone number and address to us for forwarding to the Department of Subways.

I was reading this thread with no intention to post , but I gotta ask if I just read things right a post or two ago ... someone with a profile stating they are 24 years old was crying because he wasn't allowed to look out a window? I'm sorry but if I got that right that's friggin' hysterical ...

Here is what happened when I was on front car of Flushing-bound <7>. I wasn't in cab, but his cab door was open and he did not let me see the railfan window. I was so upset, I waited for next <7> and reported to supervisior on that train I change because of nasty operator. I was (cry)ing at whole time. Other (7)<7> operators let me see, even if train cab is open.

So you're actually admitting to crying because you couldn't look out the railfan window?? WOW...you're really 24? And then you go and report the guy? I'm sure a full investigation was done! Like MotormanMike said "FRIGGIN HYSTERICAL"

Archived