R32 (B) Train (?) spotted at 145 St

Concourse Express

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
exactly. no more oldies on the Brighton unless its R68/R68A's ONLY.

You mean R68/A and R160! Cuz R160s run on it! Tho the R32s might be good for railfans who love joy riding and getting a gd view on the Brighton..

I would love to catch the (:) in this!

You mean R68/A and R160! Cuz R160s run on it! Tho the R32s might be good for railfans who love joy riding and getting a gd view on the Brighton..

I would love to catch the (:) in this!

no i literally mean R68/R68A's, lol. no more R32's, R42's or R160's* on the Brighton Line. lol.

*i wish.

well they can put the R32's back on the (F) if thats the case, or put it on the (A), and use an R46 set on the (:)(Q) instead. why does the brighton line have to get the crappy cars?? R46's would be good, and R68/R68A's fit perfectly on the Brighton Line. if i see it, i swear i wont take it.

well they can put the R32's back on the (F) if thats the case, or put it on the (A), and use an R46 set on the (:)(Q) instead. why does the brighton line have to get the crappy cars?? R46's would be good, and R68/R68A's fit perfectly on the Brighton Line. if i see it, i swear i wont take it.

R32s are not crappy cars. Its the oldest car running and it brings up memory to people from the old days+ Identical to the RedbirdZ.. Its way better then the R160s, tho i love the 160s but still.. Unless you mean that the (:((Q) fits as hippos? Then i guess you got a bit of a point..

Tho i wonder whats going to happen to em once the R42s are gone off the (R)(V)...

I might go hunting tomorrow. Will some R68/R68As make a comeback on the (W)

nope

From what others have said, it seems there are two such sets on the (:).

enjoy them while you can.

well they can put the R32's back on the (F) if thats the case, or put it on the (A), and use an R46 set on the (:((Q) instead. why does the brighton line have to get the crappy cars?? R46's would be good, and R68/R68A's fit perfectly on the Brighton Line. if i see it, i swear i wont take it.

R44/R46s are not allowed on the Brighton Line due to complaints from adjacent residents about earthquakes caused by their noise and vibration during the 1970s and in 2001. besides, i rather have an R32 than those slowpoke tin cans on the (B). we can finally look out the front window again even though the express service is gone.

IIRC mangement of that line doesn't want R32s to run on the (N) ever again. That was posted on here a few years ago.

The (N) is now exclusively R160s and will stay that way for years to come.

R32s are not crappy cars. Its the oldest car running and it brings up memory to people from the old days+ Identical to the RedbirdZ.. Its way better then the R160s, tho i love the 160s but still.. Unless you mean that the (B)(Q) fits as hippos? Then i guess you got a bit of a point..

Tho i wonder whats going to happen to em once the R42s are gone off the (R)(V)...

R42s are going straight to the ocean. i do not ever want to see them on the Brighton Line again! though i must admit, i had no problem with the Coney Island rebuilds when they ran on the (B). R32s are great cars, far superior to every other car in the system, including R160s, R46s, and R68/68As.

I'm gonna see if I can catch one this weekend. This may mean that the R32s may retire on the line that they debuted on: the (N) and the (Q)!

not going to happen. this is only a temporary measure. in fact, i dont think it even happened because i just rode on the Brighton Line today back and forth and did not see a single R32 on the (B). it may have been just a once in a lifetime thing. R32s will probably retire on the (A) or (J).

Superior in what way? R46s probably won't go 45 years. Granted. But they are superior to R32s in some ways (quietness, ride comfort, aerodynamics, they arguably have a more timeless design) where R32s have the upper hand in (functionality, durability, build solidity). R68s? Perhaps. Perhaps not. R68s may last a long time. They are doing well. You have no idea, and none of us do, of the durability, reliability, of the R160, nor do you know how much the proven mechanicals of the R160 will impact on future cars to come. The R160 may well turn out to be one of the most reliable/durable cars ever built, or they may have serious problems in the future. Time will tell.

As for R32s on the (B). Rail fans only will love it. Most (B) riders will probably find it odd, but there aren't enough on the line to cause any real concern.

believe what you want to believe, but i hate riding the R46s. R32s are no strangers to (B) riders and therefore, no complains should arise.

R42s are going straight to the ocean. i do not ever want to see them on the Brighton Line again! though i must admit, i had no problem with the Coney Island rebuilds when they ran on the (:). R32s are great cars, far superior to every other car in the system, including R160s, R46s, and R68/68As.

Superior in what way? R46s probably won't go 45 years. Granted. But they are superior to R32s in some ways (quietness, ride comfort, aerodynamics, they arguably have a more timeless design) where R32s have the upper hand in (functionality, durability, build solidity). R68s? Perhaps. Perhaps not. R68s may last a long time. They are doing well. You have no idea, and none of us do, of the durability, reliability, of the R160, nor do you know how much the proven mechanicals of the R160 will impact on future cars to come. The R160 may well turn out to be one of the most reliable/durable cars ever built, or they may have serious problems in the future. Time will tell.

As for R32s on the (:(. Rail fans only will love it. Most (B) riders will probably find it odd, but there aren't enough on the line to cause any real concern.

R32s are not crappy cars. Its the oldest car running and it brings up memory to people from the old days+ Identical to the RedbirdZ.. Its way better then the R160s, tho i love the 160s but still.. Unless you mean that the (:)(Q) fits as hippos? Then i guess you got a bit of a point..

lol, wat i mean was:

(:((Q) R68/R68A's ONLY. They fit the Brighton Line Perfectly. If they wanna throw in an R46, thats fine.

R32's, R42's, or R160's DONOT look good on the Brighton Line. Place them on the (F), or maybe even the (D). That'll be a change on the (D) line for once, other than seeing R68A's (Love Them!) or R40/R40M's (RIP) only during G.O.'s or Yankee Specials.

and about the R42's...

once R42's retire and finally taken out of service, i believe the (R)(V) will remain using R46's, or maybe they'll throw in an R160 on the (R)(V), who knows? but thats the way i see it.

Wow! Surprising!

You would think they would have just sent back the 42's; (if for nothing more than the signs). This will be probably the first time that CI had phase 1's. They always sent over phase 2's and had to do the three way switch with 207 (which was all Phlase 1) and Jamaica (which had both).

I had been hoping they would likewise slip a slant on the (E) before they retired!

The (A) and (F) don't run out of Coney Island. It makes sense for an R32 to be transferred to CI instead of an R46/R160 because the R32 can just be scrapped or sent to 207th afterwards after it isn't needed anymore.

IIRC mangement of that line doesn't want R32s to run on the (N) ever again. That was posted on here a few years ago.

That probably changed after the new line managers, but I think the (N) is supposed to be 100% R160 now.

R44/R46s are not allowed on the Brighton Line due to complaints from adjacent residents about earthquakes caused by their noise and vibration during the 1970s and in 2001.

not going to happen. this is only a temporary measure. in fact, i dont think it even happened because i just rode on the Brighton Line today back and forth and did not see a single R32 on the (:(. it may have been just a once in a lifetime thing. R32s will probably retire on the (A) or (J).

I don't know where you get the whole R44/R46s not allowed on the Brighton line thing. There is absolutely no safety issue if they run there. Also, the 70s and 80s is irrelevant because the track could have affected the noise levels the cars made as they traveled along the el. Those cars were GOH'ed afterward anyway. I don't know what you mean by 2001 because I don't remember anything happening there that would "ban" then from the line.

And the R32s were transferred. Trainfan22 saw it himself.

Where are they running? (A) I know.

Are they on the (R) too?

Yes, but extremely rare. Only 1 set now, probably, that probably doesn't even run every day.

Kris, in 2001 when R46s made a return to Brighton they were pulled off not because of any safety issue per se, but because of excessive rumbling which residents near the line were dissatisfied with.

Alright, thanks for the info. To FE - the rest of my post still stands.

Archived