R32 (B) Train (?) spotted at 145 St

Concourse Express

Okay I saw the 1 trainset on the (:) but it dissapared when I got back to brighton Beach, It might be in service tonight for a yankee Special on the (D), Who Knows, There was 1 R32 trainset on the (V), The other trainset is a spare, All 2 CI Trainsets will mostlikely be in service tommorrow, As the other set sit for spare, here's the consist I saw today:

3890/3520,3610/11,3468/3445,3726/27,3820/21

I have photo's I will post them, Its good to see R32's Back at CI and trust me they will stay for a while.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay I saw the 1 trainset on the (:) but it dissapared when I got back to brighton Beach, It might be in service tonight for a yankee Special on the (D), Who Knows, There was 1 R32 trainset on the (V), The other trainset is a spare, All 2 CI Trainsets will mostlikely be in service tommorrow, As the other set sit for spare, here's the consist I saw today:

3890/3520,3610/11,3468/3445,3726/27,3820/21

I have photo's I will post them, Its good to see R32's Back at CI and trust me they will stay for a while.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Who knows, maybe the R32s may retire on the (N)/(Q). Remember, they debuted on those lines!

The R46s were pulled off of the Q in 2001 because they did not have Q to 71-Continental programmed into the signs, not because of any weight related issue. R68s are heavier than R46s, and R160s are of similar weight. R46s would be a large improvement over either with regards to damage due to vibrations.

The R46s were pulled off of the Q in 2001 because they did not have Q to 71-Continental programmed into the signs, not because of any weight related issue. R68s are heavier than R46s, and R160s are of similar weight. R46s would be a large improvement over either with regards to damage due to vibrations.

Thanks. Didn't make any sense that R46s would vibrate more than R68s or R160s.

Ah, so that's why they never ran R46's on the Q since that one pic of it on NYCsubway. Thanks for the explaination.

That's actually not true. They do have the readings programmed (both via 6th Ave and BWAY); and this in the old code list from the mid-90's.

I too figured it was because of the weight issue. The same in '89 when the (A) and (Q6) were merged due to a flood. The 44's were pulled off quickly, and it was all 38's and 68's.

That's actually not true. They do have the readings programmed (both via 6th Ave and BWAY); and this in the old code list from the mid-90's.

I too figured it was because of the weight issue. The same n '89 when the (A) and (Q6) were merged due to a flood. The 44's were pulled off quickly, and it was all 38's and 68's.

The Slants weren't a weight problem either but at night they caused excessive rumbling and this forced them to be used only during the daytime. The R44s and R46s caused excessive rumbling, which forced them to be pulled off. But didn't Slants wind up at Jamaica Yard as well as the R68s?

I never heard anything like that. The slants were used in the daytime because they were older, and they figured bring the old stuff out in the daytime, on part time lines (like the express).

Slants didn't go to Jamaica yard at that time, because they were on the <Q> express, which was unchanged (only went to 57th).

I never heard anything like that. The slants were used in the daytime because they were older, and they figured bring the old stuff out in the daytime, on part time lines (like the express).

Slants didn't go to Jamaica yard at that time, because they were on the <Q> express, which was unchanged (only went to 57th).

Really? So the TA frowned upon using the older equipment at night...well until now, on some lines they really didn't have a choice, such as the (L), which had Slants, Straights and R42s until 2001, the (J), which also ran exclusively R42s and some R40Ms until 2007, the (E), which used ALL R32s until 2008 before the R160s invaded, and I remember riding an R32/R38 (A) train late at night with my dad in 2003.

The Slants weren't a weight problem either but at night they caused excessive rumbling and this forced them to be used only during the daytime. The R44s and R46s caused excessive rumbling, which forced them to be pulled off. But didn't Slants wind up at Jamaica Yard as well as the R68s?

Yes, there is a picture of an R68A on the A on nycsubway.org.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Who knows, maybe the R32s may retire on the (N)/(Q). Remember, they debuted on those lines!

Doubtful. Doesn't really work that way. The R38 debuted on the (F), retired as an (A), so did the R40 slant. The R44 also debuted on the (F), will probably retire as an (A) or (C). The R32, and they really aren't Brightliners anymore, most likely will retire on the (C). If it wasn't for track repairs, they would not be on the (:) now. The (:) is an R68 line, the (N) an R160 line and the (Q) uses both.

I'd like to see a tribute run of the R32 when it does finally retire. It does hold the distinction of being the longest RX type car in service. And a special ride on it, possibly on Brighton without necessarily being a regular in-service train I think is fitting.

Okay I just going to break it down, The (:P line is acting very bias when It comes to that R32 trainset, for the past week I have been overlooking how they run that 1 trainset and the way they run it does not make sence, Okay the train does a half trip to the Bronx then gets layed-up for PM service, PM Rush comes the train runs another Half a trip then The Dispacher at Brighton Beach takes the Train Back to the Yard, For the 1st 3 times I rode the R32, I was like okay, But Today really hit it, Okay I hope the R32 (:( at Bedford Pk Bivd, The train does the same it did the day before but diffrent intervaul, When I get to Brightion Beach, They had an R68 Trainset that was going back to the Yard, I was like Okay that's strange, Then After that they dumb idiots take out the R32 and the next (B) train came in 10 mintues, I thought to myself that was ingnorance, I said to myself Why in the Hell is the dispacher taking 2 trains OOS, The R32 ran without problems, Now Im starting to think the (B) Management is really acting ingnorat, In the result of this stupid move, The (B) had a Gap between service by 10 mintues, because 2 (Q) trains past Dekalb and I know that's not normal, I wasn't mad that they took the R32 out of service But If that was the case, They should have kept that R68 that was on the other track in service, This caused passengers to get angry, And thinking like a Passenger, The (B) passengers shouldnt have to deal with the ignorance,This Might cause the R32's to move to the (Q), If the R32 trainset was on the (Q) it would have ran until nighttime. I woudn't look foward for the (B) being the last line to run the R32's, The (Q) might be the last line, You never Know.

I was waiting for that set at 145th Street, but at 4:30 I decided to call it quits. You're right about the R32 running on the (Q), it would run all day. I remember R32s on the (Q) back in 2002 which ran all day, particularly on weekends, even during a G.O. where trains ran express from Prospect Park to Kings Highway.

I was waiting for that set at 145th Street, but at 4:30 I decided to call it quits. You're right about the R32 running on the (Q), it would run all day. I remember R32s on the (Q) back in 2002 which ran all day, particularly on weekends, even during a G.O. where trains ran express from Prospect Park to Kings Highway.

The Train came 15 mintues Later, If You would have waited alttile longer You could have got it.

Archived