R32 (B) Train (?) spotted at 145 St

Concourse Express

Yeah, but the line is all boring now. At least when the B had the slants, there was a chance to see out the rfw.

A normal rider, I think, likes things as is now since the R68/A's are fairly reliable, but for some of us railfans it is boring seeing only R68/A's and R160's.

I'll agree with you on this condition: all the time, when it comes to car assignments or what have you, the MTA isn't out to please railfans. So we have to accept what is given to us. I came to realize that the R68/As aren't as slow as I thought when I was ignorant about them.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no need to talk like that. You could just say "can we please get back on topic".

Art Vandelay: That makes the most sense :)

He brought up a good point, why worry about A/C in the fall? I'm getting ready to take my A/C unit out my window and put it away. It was so cold a few nights ago that I had to pull out my space heater as my building didn't put on the heat yet.

He brought up a good point, why worry about A/C in the fall? I'm getting ready to take my A/C unit out my window and put it away. It was so cold a few nights ago that I had to pull out my space heater as my building didn't put on the heat yet.

I'm talking about the "get over it" and "hell" bits.

Yeah, but the line is all boring now. At least when the B had the slants, there was a chance to see out the rfw.

A normal rider, I think, likes things as is now since the R68/A's are fairly reliable, but for some of us railfans it is boring seeing only R68/A's and R160's.

The MTA Does not relize that Railfans are passengers too, And Most of us spend more money than any passenger, But I hate it when people say Railfans are not passengers becuase we are, If you pay $2.25 you are a passenger Railfan or commuter doesn't matter, But everybody do need to relize that, some subway systems pull out their museum equipment to please both Tourists and Railfans, The MTA & NYCT does not relize that if they did that they will make money, We have a large group of railfans that would love to see the Redbirds, I would like to see the R10,11,16 and R30 as well as that R27 in a fantrip, But the MTA as well as NYCT looks at us like we are nothing.

The MTA Does not relize that Railfans are passengers too, And Most of us spend more money than any passenger, But I hate it when people say Railfans are not passengers becuase we are, If you pay $2.25 you are a passenger Railfan or commuter doesn't matter, But everybody do need to relize that, some subway systems pull out their museum equipment to please both Tourists and Railfans, The MTA & NYCT does not relize that if they did that they will make money, We have a large group of railfans that would love to see the Redbirds, I would like to see the R10,11,16 and R30 as well as that R27 in a fantrip, But the MTA as well as NYCT looks at us like we are nothing.

IAWTP 100%. If I'm correct, the MTA generates a substantial amount of revenue from railfans, but we fall just underneath the tourists however. The MTA does appease to the railfans by hosting special trips, like vintage trips whether they are in regular service or a fan trip. We're paying our $2.25 just to ride the trains! I mean c'mon, we could be doing something else with our free time, like go to the mall with friends or significant others, but if your friends and/or significant other likes riding the train, then there you go. It's a cheap way of having fun, whether you're with people or by yourself, and it's fun to converse with people that actually find this "hobby" interesting instead of the many who find it "weird".

......and it's fun to converse with people that actually find this "hobby" interesting instead of the many who find it "weird".

That is so true, its unbelievable. Many a people have thought my liking of trains is "wierd", called it "uninteresting", etc. I ignore it.

This R32 was in service on the (B) today, I cought it between 2:30 and 3:00 @ BB. I got to ride it... at the RFW! I shared with a little kid (I stood behind him since he was short and I'm tall so I was able to see over him even he though was standing at the RFW lol.). I think he was a railfan because he seemed a bit to happy to see that train and not be a railfan. He was also telling his mom some facts about the train (Like how old it was etc..). And he was waving at M/M operating trains going the oppsite direction. The R32 (B) was a nice little treat for the commute home today, nice to see the 32s back @ CI!

This R32 was in service on the (;) today, I cought it between 2:30 and 3:00 @ BB. I got to ride it... at the RFW! I shared with a little kid (I stood behind him since he was short and I'm tall so I was able to see over him even he though was standing at the RFW lol.). I think he was a railfan because he seemed a bit to happy to see that train and not be a railfan. He was also telling his mom some facts about the train (Like how old it was etc..). And he was waving at M/M operating trains going the oppsite direction. The R32 (B) was a nice little treat for the commute home today, nice to see the 32s back @ CI!

I knew it was in service, I saw it in the yard yesterday, Different intervaul, Tommorrow it might be in a differnt intervaul.

I caught it today from 7 Avenue to 145 Street. It arrived at 145 around 2:40 PM.

that is the same train i saw today going Manhattan-bound at Cortelyou Road at around 1:35 p.m. i also saw it at 9:35 a.m. going Brooklyn-bound at 47th-50th Streets/Rockfeller Center. i am so pissed i could not get a video of it in both attempts :mad: it was running all day today and im hoping the same thing goes for tomorrow since i have classes at John Jay College from 9:40 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. i do not have time to sit at one station all day waiting for it, but if you do, then go ahead. it is so great to see the three best "B" Division cars on the Brighton line ;) some of the cars had an orange diamond "B" or a yellow "B", which is ironic since the yellow B was discontinued before the R32s were rebuilt.

EDIT: i finally caught it this morning on my way to school. it arrived at 34th Street-Herald Square at about 9:30 a.m bound for the Bronx. i was so excited that as i got on the train, i jumped around wildly and some people probably thought i was going crazy lol. i took a video of it leaving 59th Street-Columbus Circle (where my school is at) and will upload it to youtube in about a week or so. it does not run on the same schedule everyday, so good luck catching it. i also caught an R32 (A) going home from school.

I caught it today from 7 Avenue to 145 Street. It arrived at 145 around 2:40 PM.

I'M AN IDIOT!!!! :mad:

I've been hearing that the R32 (;) was sometimes put in at Bedford Park Blvd. so I waited there today from 3 to 3:30 (I was railfanning anyway), waiting for the (B)s to run to Bedford Park Blvd. What a stupid idea. I was waiting there because I've already railfanned the (B) before, with R40s, below 125th St. I wanted to railfan the Concourse Line. I guess I have to try during the AM rush...

I waited at 125st from 4:20pm to 5:30pm but no show.

Okay, I got It around 8:10am, It ran all day, The Idiots take the damn train Out of service at 3:50pm, That was a stupid move but at the same time It I didn't care because 30 mintues laters A big tree fell down and screwed up the Brighton line, I have photo's and I will post them tommorrow.

What's the fuss over the R32 (;) train? Come on now, that train is just like any other old 60 foot car. This is nothing special to me, I've been on a R32 (B) several times when they ran years ago. This is not worth it.

I rode R32's on the (:) in the 1990's as well as borrowed R38's from 207th when the (B) used to go to 168th back in 1997, But to other Railfans Its a great ride, and the R32's are special.

I've been hearing that the R32 (;) was sometimes put in at Bedford Park Blvd. so I waited there today from 3 to 3:30 (I was railfanning anyway), waiting for the (B)s to run to Bedford Park Blvd. What a stupid idea. I was waiting there because I've already railfanned the (B) before, with R40s, below 125th St. I wanted to railfan the Concourse Line. I guess I have to try during the AM rush...

Yeah I think you should try the AM rush, Wait around 8am at 47-50th sts, But they might put it in a different interval tommorrow.

Remember this: there's still the chance of the train being a rush-hour put-in. If you pass 145th Street and you see the train on the layup tracks between the downtown local and express at 135th, it will begin its trip at 145th Street, but you have to be there no later than 3:55 (3:50 to be safe). If it is not there, then it will leave Bedford Park Boulevard instead, so get there at 4:15. That happened to me, the (D) pulled into Bedford Park and the 32 was sitting at the middle track. As soon as the doors opened, i caught that sucker, with a few minutes to spare though. But I knew that the passengers on the (D) thought I was crazy as I was banging on the window hoping that the (:) wouldn't leave me behind!

Remember this: there's still the chance of the train being a rush-hour put-in. If you pass 145th Street and you see the train on the layup tracks between the downtown local and express at 135th, it will begin its trip at 145th Street, but you have to be there no later than 3:55 (3:50 to be safe). If it is not there, then it will leave Bedford Park Boulevard instead, so get there at 4:15. That happened to me, the (D) pulled into Bedford Park and the 32 was sitting at the middle track. As soon as the doors opened, i caught that sucker, with a few minutes to spare though. But I knew that the passengers on the (D) thought I was crazy as I was banging on the window hoping that the (;) wouldn't leave me behind!

LOL, I rerember that day when you was bangging on the window. But I would get there around 3:40 pm if its a put-in.

Remember this: there's still the chance of the train being a rush-hour put-in. If you pass 145th Street and you see the train on the layup tracks between the downtown local and express at 135th, it will begin its trip at 145th Street, but you have to be there no later than 3:55 (3:50 to be safe). If it is not there, then it will leave Bedford Park Boulevard instead, so get there at 4:15. That happened to me, the (D) pulled into Bedford Park and the 32 was sitting at the middle track. As soon as the doors opened, i caught that sucker, with a few minutes to spare though. But I knew that the passengers on the (D) thought I was crazy as I was banging on the window hoping that the (-_- wouldn't leave me behind!

Thanks for that info! I'll try that the next time I go hunting for it.

I've been hearing that the R32 (-_- was sometimes put in at Bedford Park Blvd. so I waited there today from 3 to 3:30 (I was railfanning anyway), waiting for the (B)s to run to Bedford Park Blvd. What a stupid idea. I was waiting there because I've already railfanned the (:) before, with R40s, below 125th St. I wanted to railfan the Concourse Line. I guess I have to try during the AM rush...

Don't feel bad because I have never rode an R32 (B) in Brooklyn. OTOH, I have been lucky with R32s lately. Last Wednesday or 2 Wednesdays ago, I caught an R32 (A) at 145 when I was really planning on taking the (B) and I rode the R32 (A) from Busfest.

LOL, I rerember that day when you was bangging on the window. But I would get there around 3:40 pm if its a put-in.

Tell me about it, that was funny as hell! X-D

Thanks for that info! I'll try that the next time I go hunting for it.

No problem.

Archived