Express or Local?

EE Broadway Local

Its not about which is better, it depends on where you going!

If im going to Brooklyn from the Bronx, Id use the Express instead of taken up an 2hrs for a long ride..

If im going to a station not provided by an Exp, id do use Exp and Local.

If its just a few stations down, Local is fine

To bring it down more... Bus or Train?

If im going a few streets down, I can use the bus, if im going from like E180th to Mott Avenue, id take the EL, instead of Bx21 and then the Bx19....

If i wanna go real fast, starting at Grand Central and heading to Wakefield. I can ether spend a little on the commuter rail [Metro-North] or hope on the (5) to the (2)..

It depends you know B)

But overall! Express all the way!

It depends which lines have the railfan window. The only express line that has a railfan window, which is once in a blue moon, would be the (A).

what does a railfan window have to do with getting some where fast? So if you had to go to the doctors and you start at 145th and St. Nicholas at 8AM, and you need to be at Chambers St by 9AM, which appointment is at that time, would you wait for a train that has a RF window[if it shows up] or take any train to get there early? :confused:

just saying btw....

what does a railfan window have to do with getting some where fast? So if you had to go to the doctors and you start at 145th and St. Nicholas at 8AM, and you need to be at Chambers St by 9AM, which appointment is at that time, would you wait for a train that has a RF window[if it shows up] or take any train to get there early? :confused:

just saying btw....

All he's trying to say is that he likes the ride with the window,

just as I back when the slants where running wild

and that's the bottom line cuz (K)<R> said so.

Express. Time is money. People have places to go. It is annoying to make extra stops. I hate it when the (E) scrapes the wall on weekends.

Again given how many trains are on the express tracks and how slow it moves, all you save is maybe 5-10min over the local which has room to spare.

This is why I don't bother transfering for the express and take the local.

For me: if my destination is on the West Side, I'm taking the 2 even though it is local in Brooklyn. I'm not giving up my seat just to save a few minutes at the height of rush hours.

If it's the East Side then it's the 5.

Again given how many trains are on the express tracks and how slow it moves, all you save is maybe 5-10min over the local which has room to spare.

This is why I don't bother transfering for the express and take the local.

For me: if my destination is on the West Side, I'm taking the 2 even though it is local in Brooklyn. I'm not giving up my seat just to save a few minutes at the height of rush hours.

If it's the East Side then it's the 5.

I will never the local I take Exp

I remember the time that work was being done on the Northern Blvd EXP towards Manhattan, and the (E) and (F) were moving so slow along that section (they even sent (F)s local regularly). I decided to take the (V) to 53rd/Lex because I knew that SSO was in effect. Empty. Everyone transferred to the (E) at Roosevelt. I think regular riders are attracted to the express. Many Brooklyn IRT riders that I've noticed will take the (4) at Utica even if they're going to Atlantic or Nevins (3-5 minute difference since everything northbound on the Brooklyn IRT is timered).

That being said, I'm a good mix. If I don't see an express there, I don't take it. If the starting lights aren't on at Utica, I don't hop off the (3) and wait for the (4) to leave or a (4) to come. However, I am BIG on taking the Manhattan Bridge. I will always get off at 14th St-Union Sq, West 4th St, or Canal St and take a train over the Bridge to get to Atlantic-Pacific, because from my tests, if a train comes right away (and it usually does within 2-3 minutes), I can shave up to 10 minutes on my commute home. I consider the Manhattan Bridge a pseudo-express that I always take.

Archived