Some Avenue M-Brighton Shots

Sea Beach

nice

Thanks ;)

Wow pretty funny clip!

Nice pics. :tup:

Thanks B)

You defnt got my vote :tup: now that's (H)ot (V)

(B)(D)(Q) <R>68(A) nice:tup:all around

Thanks Man B)

Nice! As for the lady, I believe in god[Jesus Christ] and respect her believes, but not in a crazy way.. >< lol

lol,me to

Your shots show good technical image quality. The camera here is clearly capable of the task at hand. However, there are some other issues that need to be resolved regarding the photos.

First of all, the second, third & last shots are blurry. The first two due to digital zoom (at least from what I can tell). Don't use digital zoom; as the saying goes "there is no free lunch". Digital zoom is certainly not free, and this is the price you pay for it. The last shot isn't blurry due to digital zoom, on the other hand. The first half of the station the train enters is where the train is moving the fastest (as opposed to the second half where it is moving much slower, since it will be [or should be] stopping). When you take a photo of a moving object that is moving fast AND you are very close to that moving object...you witness a phenomenon known as "leading-edge blur". The best way to get this type of shot is to stand back a bit, and use the optical zoom on your camera.

Lastly, your images make repetitive use of the 3/4 shot. I know, I know, it's so easy to shoot. Too bland though, do you know how many 3/4 shots of trains there are on NYCSubway? Find different angles to shoot the train. Imagine all the spots you can "see" the train...they're not all on NYCT property, you know. I wont name any names, but there are quite a few photographers involved in this hobby that make interesting use of this idea. Use it to your advantage. Don't be just another transit photog...add a little pizzazz.

Great post Joe! But I honestly admit I am also guilty of the 3/4 shot. I usually focus more on the train than the environment itself. I'll keep this in mind when taking pics in the future.

Anyways, one of these days I'm probably going over to Brighton to check up on the whole construction. I haven't been on the Brighton line for a while now and haven't taken much pictures of the subways.

Great post Joe! But I honestly admit I am also guilty of the 3/4 shot. I usually focus more on the train than the environment itself. I'll keep this in mind when taking pics in the future.

Thanks GC. I too do "the shot", I won't lie. You gotta make it interesting though, you know. Used to spend a lot of time just browsing all the images on NYCSubway, then it dawned on me: it's the same shot, just with different levels of crime, graffiti, and overall shadiness. The relative scarcity of people is what makes this an interesting hobby, got to really put yer' thinking cap on to come up with good ideas. :cool:

Archived