Housing

ColumbiaDeath

Tudor City in Manhattan seems to be a nice place to live. Tudor City is convient to Grand Central Terminal (4)(5)(6)<6>(7)<7>(S) MNRR and is on the M15 and M42. Its' location on the East Side is on a cliff but stairs provide access to East 42d Street and a viaduct connects the two halves (The Deuce bisects Tudor City).

The United Nations is across First Avenue and The Daily News Building and Queens Midtown Tunnel are in the vicinity.

Tudor City in Manhattan seems to be a nice place to live. Tudor City is convient to Grand Central Terminal (4)(5)(6)<6>(7)<7>(S) MNRR and is on the M15 and M42. Its' location on the East Side is on a cliff but stairs provide access to East 42d Street and a viaduct connects the two halves (The Deuce bisects Tudor City).

The United Nations is across First Avenue and The Daily News Building and Queens Midtown Tunnel are in the vicinity.

I believe that is the area where the captain of the NY Yankees Derek Jeter resides in during the baseball season. Sources say that he has his own separate entrance as well as elevator in his building. :)

And no it's not when ever the hell we feel like answering. Ignore that comment.

It was a joke! I did put "or soon" in the message.

On topic.....

Co-Op City seems to be a nice place, but it seems to be expensive to live there. I heard something like $1200 / month.

I believe that is the area where the captain of the NY Yankees Derek Jeter resides in during the baseball season. Sources say that he has his own separate entrance as well as elevator in his building. B)

He used to live on 86th St next to the old Circuit City, and before that, Continental Towers on 2nd and 79th. I remember meeting him before Game 4 of the 2000 World Series vs. the Mets when I was 14. He was walking down 86th Street and then 2nd ave and I was sitting ironically, in a pizza place called "Piazza". People went crazy in the street. I just calmly approached him, told him I was a Yankee fan, asked him to sign a sheet of paper (I still have it), then wished him good luck. He hit a HR and a triple his first two at bats :cool:

Two thoughts immediately come to mind from that:

1-That dude walks QUICK

2-I'd love to meet him again someday to ask him if he remembers that. I doubt it, but it'd be interesting to find out.

He used to live on 86th St next to the old Circuit City, and before that, Continental Towers on 2nd and 79th. I remember meeting him before Game 4 of the 2000 World Series vs. the Mets when I was 14. He was walking down 86th Street and then 2nd ave and I was sitting ironically, in a pizza place called "Piazza". People went crazy in the street. I just calmly approached him, told him I was a Yankee fan, asked him to sign a sheet of paper (I still have it), then wished him good luck. He hit a HR and a triple his first two at bats :cool:

Two thoughts immediately come to mind from that:

1-That dude walks QUICK

2-I'd love to meet him again someday to ask him if he remembers that. I doubt it, but it'd be interesting to find out.

Would you ever sell that? I bet you not B)

How much do apartments in Manhattan cost? I know of a building that charges $1,000,000 for an apartment.

Maybe we have someone here who recalls that before the real estate explosion hit, you could rent an apartment in The Bronx for $175.00 per month and find a hotel room in Manhattan for $10.00 per night.

Heh and Motel 6 used to mean 6 bucks a night...not 6 bucks for a glass of orange juice at the contenintal breakfast B)

Archived