MTA board OKs $350,000 salary deal plus golden parachute for Chairman Jay Walder

Harry

The MTA board Wednesday approved a $350,000 annual salary with a golden parachute for Chairman Jay Walder over symbolic opposition from Mayor Bloomberg.

Bloomberg's four representatives on the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board abstained rather than take a hard stand and vote against the six-year contract.

Seven other board members supported the agreement while one voted against it.

"I am pleased to have completed the last step in the appointment process," Walder said in a statement from London where he is settling his affairs before moving to New York.

"I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting started on October 5."

Bloomberg's rival for the upcoming mayoral election, Controller William Thompson, has criticized him

because his board members have approved MTA fare hikes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/09/16/2009-09-16_mta_board_oks_350.html#ixzz0RKUcFHJ6

Golden parachutes should be illegal, as should lobbying. Lobbying is legalized bribery and if you get fired, you get fired, no "bailout" when you lose your jobs.

Sadly this is the "change" we'll never see with the current special interests running the show.

Blue collar workers don't get golden parachutes when they lose their jobs.

So let me get this straight...he's got super job security, super salary, and a super net to fall on in case of his failure and he's not even started the job yet?

And this ain't a special deal. It's common for executives in ANY corporation as well as many gov't officials :tdown::tdown::tdown:

Why is no one from the publc bitching about this. Why isnt this all over the newspapers The hourly workers get a raise and they are all over us. Why isnt Bloomberg opposing this.

Because this guy is rich and was in finance...he's exactly the kind of guy Bloomberg would give a raise to as he turns and complains about how much a (insert blue collar job title here) is making

Archived